BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it looks like we are going to get Castillo, Andrews and Fowler. That already expands the squad a bit. On top of that we have the "mystery" target.

The whole business about Castillo suggests to me that the mystery target is more appealing to the club than Castillo but we can't afford both until Bentley goes - hence stalling Castillo so we can pay for the mystery target should everythign be sorted out.

As for how I feel about the possible signings:

FOWLER - clearly a quality player, and an intelligent one at that who does not really rely on pace. On the other hand he has been very average for coming up to a decade now. No real risk as he will cost very little, and will provide cover which will allow us to move on Rigters without worrying about numbers. A totally acceptable gamble imo.

CASTILLO - Quality player in the Reid mould, covers loads of ground, good references, seems like a bit of a prima donna but we are weak in this area. Hard to argue with that.

ANDREWS - I just don't get this one. I do expect him to do reasonably well - Ince intimately understands what it takes to be a decent player in the Premiership and will also realise more eyebrows will be raised than at a Sean Connery Fan Club convention at this signing. But I just can't see how he will do as well as other players we can afford.... I am sure he will come as cover and a squad player - probably taking Mokoena's squad place - and to be fair I wouldn't be suprised if he did better than the Axe. Financially acceptable but Ince is really putting his reputation with the fans on the line here.

Only thing here is potentially with 3 mids coming in and Axe going one out of Reid and Dunn could be on the way out....

MYSTERY MIDFIELDER - exciting. Suspect maybe he is a wide right player to replace Bentley. Will watch with interest....

Nicko, have you browsed the Giggs thread? If so what do you reckon?

Giggs and Ince are big, big mates.

Man U ARE looking for a new left winger, but haven't found one yet. Giggs may be a reserve there next season and he won't fancy that.

In the current climate anything could happen, but I would be surprised if this one came off.

Nicko please tell me that we have had no contact with ANYONE from the Barton camp or should that be lair.

No...or not at this stage anyway.

True, but has Lennon is a RIGHT winger and stated, he wants to stay,

So I take it, the answer to the question is no interest

Spurs want rid of Lennon and have offered him everywhere - including Rovers. He can go for £5 million. He will get the message...but maybe not too quickly.

Quinton Fortune's agent on Sky saying Rovers, Ipswich and Pompey are interested in him>> I REALLY HOPE NOT. Nicko?

Fortune spent some time at Rovers last season - mainly in the treatment room - but that was under Sparky. I cannot believe there is any interest in him now.

That one never made any sense from Day One.

Spurs want rid of Lennon and have offered him everywhere - including Rovers. He can go for £5 million. He will get the message...but maybe not too quickly.

We should offer then £6.5-7million for Robinson and Lennon... :lol:

Fulham on the verge of signing Stoor for anyone thats interested...

We should offer then £6.5-7million for Robinson and Lennon... :lol:

The manager doesn't fancy Lennon...there are a couple of right wingers in the sights - better than him - since the 'mystery right winger' said no a couple of days ago...but if he gets no-one else that could change.

I'm not going into details until bids are made, which I don't think will happen until Bentley's future is sorted...which brings us back to tedious Tottenham.

The manager doesn't fancy Lennon...there are a couple of right wingers in the sights - better than him - since the 'mystery right winger' said no a couple of days ago...but if he gets no-one else that could change.

I'm not going into details until bids are made, which I don't think will happen until Bentley's future is sorted...which brings us back to tedious Tottenham.

If spurs lose berbatov and/or keane do you think they might drop their intrest in Bentley and switch there attentions to another striker ?

Are liverpool still interested in bentley ? It looks as though rafa has lost interest in Barry now that alonso is staying, maybe we could do some sort of swap involving pennant ?

It seems like one deal is going to spark it all of. I hope it is sooner rather than later.

The manager doesn't fancy Lennon...
Well, that's me for the day.

We can debate whether there is any news good or bad to come for as long as we want, but if that little snippet is true, then that's enough good news to last me all week.

Now all we need is "The manager doesn't fancy Robinson..." and i can sit back until the end of the window.

Any chance Bigtime Bentley could start the season with li'l ol Blackburn Nicko?

If Rovers do not receive a £17 million bid then Bentley will still be here. That was their stance last week, which I wrote about, and it will not be changing.

If Rovers do not receive a £17 million bid then Bentley will still be here. That was their stance last week, which I wrote about, and it will not be changing.

If nobody meets our Valuation. How much will he be worth providing he puts in another performance like last season?

Will him staying at Rovers an extra year affect or make the "sell on clause" to Arsenal drop or stay the same?

If nobody meets our Valuation. How much will he be worth providing he puts in another performance like last season?

Will him staying at Rovers an extra year affect or make the "sell on clause" to Arsenal drop or stay the same?

IF Bentley doesn't leave it's up to him really. He would be silly to sulk.

The sell-on clause stays, but the only problem is that his contract will be closer to ending...

However I think Spurs WILL get the finger out and pay the cash. But I would not want to rely on it.

Spurs should surely accept 3.5m for Robinson, but how likely would that be before the weekend? Just trust me and don't think I'm bias...you do not want Scott Carson. He's looked good at places like Charlton where his goals being pounded from every angle..he can produce the odd great save in those games which gave him this reputation. Truth is once he got to a higher level club he got found out, can't do ###### from crosses or corners, drops the ball so regularly that it's actually scary and in general is a clown. The England game did it to him from what I saw, but when a players character collapses SO badly after something like that it's not worth it.

IF Bentley doesn't leave it's up to him really. He would be silly to sulk.

The sell-on clause stays, but the only problem is that his contract will be closer to ending...

However I think Spurs WILL get the finger out and pay the cash. But I would not want to rely on it.

If he did that would probably cost him his England place. Do Spurs have to sell to buy? Just wondering where they got the money to offer for that Left Winger?

Archived