BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko, could the Carsson thing be set out by rovers to face the terms for Robinson better ?

I would think that is from his agent...Robinson was - as of last night and the previous week - the one and only choice to replace Brad.

Is that international midfielder different guy than Castillo? So could there be two midfielders plus Andrews? And Nicko, you´re absolutely right that Rovers are acting strange thinking highly rated Castillo would do trial. But if it happends it´s a great business I think. Samba used that door too.

Sorry if i've missed this, But i dont want to read the entire thread.

Nicko is Fowler being brought in with a veiw to a coaching role?

Not that I am aware of...and he won't be anyone's chauffeur either despite the naughty little rumour going round. :lol:

It looks like the Castillo deal is not looking too well.............The player and his camp are angry that Rovers suddenly want to the "suck it and see" way..............Castillo thinks that Rovers are showing a lack of respect and I agree.......

More like he and his agent just found out that we aren't in the UEFA cup. :rolleyes:

If Villa don't sign Friedel by midnight Friday (or whenever the UEFA deadline is), does that mean their interest in him will end?

I doubt it, the deadline is only for the Intertoto he'd still be available for the UEFA Cup (should they qualify) and all domestic trophies so.....

Good see the new Cheslsea signing has a sense of humour....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3828980,00.html

nicko, do you know what league the mystery midfielder plays for and is he tied down in a contract at the moment. Also any news on rovers bid for robinson

Yes, I do. But I'm not saying another word on this one until the time is right.

I made mention of the possibility the other day, partly to lift some spirits, and I got shafted because someone went to the club to ask who it was.

It won't happen again. My mistake.

As for Robinson...that one is ongoing. I think £3.5 million is a sensible fee for all parties.

But when did sense have anything to do with transfers.

Villa want this done and - I believe - are willing to pay a premium to have it sorted by the weekend. I don't think they will go elsewhere, but it is possible.

Villa want this done and - I believe - are willing to pay a premium to have it sorted by the weekend. I don't think they will go elsewhere, but it is possible.

Do you think Villa would be that keen as to cover half or the whole difference in the transfer value of Robinson to get the deal through?

Do you think Villa would be that keen as to cover half or the whole difference in the transfer value of Robinson to get the deal through?

No, the working figures are £2.5 m for Brad, £3.5 million for Robinson. Both sound fair.

Rovers WILL sell at that price IF Spurs do business at that level, which they should as that was what they were getting from West Brom a month ago.

Like I say, common sense should prevail. But we are dealing with Spurs here.

This IS Rovers-related because it's Sparky...and it confirms what I said about the Man City-Ronaldinho 'mega bid' and where the cash came from...

"I don't know the finer details of the negotiations but the way the Ronaldinho deal was constructed was a little bit different by all accounts to an ordinary deal so my budget would not have been affected as much as people think," he told the Manchester Evening News.

Nicko,

Several media sources, over the last couple of days, have been linking spurs with Capel again for around 12.5 mill.

Obviously a cheaper option to Bently.

Has your mole in the spurs camp, been above groun today. Any truth in it.

Capel is terrific, but he is a LEFT winger.

Nicko, new to the board so just wondering, don't you get any trouble for giving us this information? And wouldn't people within the game be less inclined to talk to you knowing you filter information onto here?

Not complaining obviously, this thread occupies 99% of my time on this site, love your work.

nicko, have villa made a bid yet for fridel, or are they having a verrry long think about it <_<

My understanding is that Villa have told Rovers they will pay the 'top' price of £2.5 million if it is done by the weekend.

That is why Rovers contacted Tottenham yesterday to ask for Robinson ON HIS OWN.

Yeah, good to know that people with pitiful lives and low-rate pay who read the newspapers for their stories - and can't get one of their own - can sit and pass judgement.

I hope, if I am really good, I will get to do that job one day myself.

It must be such a thrill.

Archived