BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

i'll give him two seasons before he realises hes not at the Champions League club he desired and hands in a transfer request to 'furthur his career'. In the mean time our Chilean Wizz kid will have ensured top 4 finishes two seasons in a row and Bents will come back GROVELLING to John Williams to have him back...

something like that anyway

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This must have been asked before but what can Bents achieve at spurs that he can't achiecve at Rovers. They will not break the top 4 , maybe they could win the uefa european cup but so could we with a few of our star players turning up when they need to.

Maybe its the money.

This along with the chance that Brad might leaving is making me seriously question why I bother with football. Clubs like us just don't get the chance to build.

Sorry to be negative but can anyone else see Ince building a good team who in 3-4 years time is just disbanded.

This must have been asked before but what can Bents achieve at spurs that he can't achiecve at Rovers. They will not break the top 4 , maybe they could win the uefa european cup but so could we with a few of our star players turning up when they need to.

Maybe its the money.

This along with the chance that Brad might leaving is making me seriously question why I bother with football. Clubs like us just don't get the chance to build.

Sorry to be negative but can anyone else see Ince building a good team who in 3-4 years time is just disbanded.

Spurs apparently don't pay big wages. Certainly not more than he could have been on here for the last few months if he'd signed that new contract.

Interestingly Spurs are complaining about not getting a chnace to build too and lots of them are really fed up

Nicko is there no chance Bentley will change his mind. I know you can't read his mind but has there been any signals from him or his agents that he may want to re-assess the situation and look at the players Paul Ince brings in and then make a firm choice?

Ive spoken to one of the players out on pre season and he seems to think that Bentley will not be happy if he doesnt get his move so it seems he is determined that he wants out

Time will tell I guess but Rovers arent going to hand him over to another club just because he wants to go are they!

Maybe its the money.

I think he grew up as a spurs fan.

To be fair to the lad, if we were pro footballers, and we got signed by Fulham, we'd all jump ship to rovers as soon as we possibly could... i would anyway

Ive spoken to one of the players out on pre season and he seems to think that Bentley will not be happy if he doesnt get his move so it seems he is determined that he wants out

Time will tell I guess but Rovers arent going to hand him over to another club just because he wants to go are they!

who told you that then?, and how did they tell you that?!

Spurs apparently don't pay big wages. Certainly not more than he could have been on here for the last few months if he'd signed that new contract.

Interestingly Spurs are complaining about not getting a chnace to build too and lots of them are really fed up

Yeah seems like we are in a similar boat...ours being a rubber dinghy and spurs being in a wooden construction with a honda 125 motor, that doesn't always work.

So whats the attraction then? Ramos?

Yeah seems like we are in a similar boat...ours being a rubber dinghy and spurs being in a wooden construction with a honda 125 motor, that doesn't always work.

So whats the attraction then? Ramos?

I would imagine the night life and, natural selection for the England team because he is English and plays at Spurs.

I think he grew up as a spurs fan.

To be fair to the lad, if we were pro footballers, and we got signed by Fulham, we'd all jump ship to rovers as soon as we possibly could... i would anyway

Would depend if it looked a good career move or not. Currently Spurs look about as poor a career move as possible. things might change quickly and I've no doubt Bentley will not want to change his mind but if commonsense had any part in his make up he'd wait at least another week before committing to anything. See what spurs do with the money they'll get for Keane who looks fairly definite to go, and then decide. they aren't in any hurry to do the deal for Bentley as they still hope we'll accept less and we are meanwhile actively looking for players on the basis that Bentley will probably go.

what, you have his msn :D its not big samba is it

As much as id love to tell you who it is, I dont feel its fair on him so I wont be telling you who but there was a little bit of info on some other stuff, nothing major but said that Fowler looked slow in training.

Here is the news...ish.

Tottenham think they are shipping the four players out to Sunderland. I'm yet to be convinced, but they are throwing so much money at it that this might happen. I think Chimbonda and Tainio will go and Kaboul may follow. Malbraqnue is the hard one, especially as Villa fancy him too. If they get the dosh they must surely come back for Bentley with the numbers that Rovers want. Hope so - it's a pain otherwise.

Villa are also after Paul Scharner at Wigan and would like Danny Simpson on loan. All the best.

The only Rovers stuff I have is that Villanueva and Castillo will come subject to work permits and that Osorio will be watched while Rovers are in Germany...nothing that new there really, but you can't be brilliant all of the time... :lol:

There's a minor update on Brad to Villa and Robinson to Rovers, but it's about valuations - which is where it's at now and has been for a day or so. Again, I wish that one would just hurry up and happen.

I've not written this, but a very good pal of Andrews says that a deal to Rovers will go through when one or two others have been signed and he can come in quietly.

Not sure that everyone at Blackburn is singing from the same hymn sheet on this.

But if King Carlos and Big Castillo come in, maybe nobody will argue and the boss will get his way.

Adios.

As much as id love to tell you who it is, I dont feel its fair on him so I wont be telling you who but there was a little bit of info on some other stuff, nothing major but said that Fowler looked slow in training.

That's a surprise, he is almost as fat as me...I admit to being shocked at him getting a chance at Rovers..i don't think Fowler will get much of a shout anyway..especially if these young players are coming in...

Here is the news...ish.

Tottenham think they are shipping the four players out to Sunderland. I'm yet to be convinced, but they are throwing so much money at it that this might happen. I think Chimbonda and Tainio will go and Kaboul may follow. Malbraqnue is the hard one, especially as Villa fancy him too. If they get the dosh they must surely come back for Bentley with the numbers that Rovers want. Hope so - it's a pain otherwise.

Villa are also after Paul Scharner at Wigan and would like Danny Simpson on loan. All the best.

The only Rovers stuff I have is that Villanueva and Castillo will come subject to work permits and that Osorio will be watched while Rovers are in Germany...nothing that new there really, but you can't be brilliant all of the time... :lol:

I've not written this, but a very good pal of Andrews says that a deal to Rovers will go through when one or two others have been signed and he can come in quietly.

Not sure that everyone at Blackburn is singing from the same hymn sheet on this.

But if King Carlos and Big Castillo come in, maybe nobody will argue and the boss will get his way.

Adios.

Wasn't Scharner on Tv last week talking about signing a new contract at Wigan or something? Might be wrong because it was on in the background and I wasn't really listening.

Wasn't Scharner on Tv last week talking about signing a new contract at Wigan or something? Might be wrong because it was on in the background and I wasn't really listening.

Scharner has been talking about a new contract for months...nowhere near being agreed...and Villa are keen. Very keen.

Did 'ee tell you if Giggsey 'as t'lurgy?

Or just that Bentley wants to leave and Fowler is slow?

Did he tell you grass is green?

He also mentioned that HE thinks, not me, he thinks that Brad is still torn as to whether to go or not and HE thinks RSC will stay.

Like i said, i know that this will be taken with a pinch of salt by most of you but I have no reason to bulls**t you lot, we are all Rovers fans, just passing along what ive been told

That's a surprise, he is almost as fat as me...I admit to being shoked at him getting a chance at Rovers..i don't think Fowler will get much of a shout anyway..especially if these young players are coming in...

Reminded me, he said that Ince seems ok so far and he seems willing to give the younger players a chance moreso than Hughes did.

That will be proved I guess when we are into the season an we get injuries.

Archived