BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm off to spain in the early hours thats why i'm on here at this time. for the first time since ince's appointment i found myslef smiling earlier watching the videos of villanueva...he looks some player.

not to get ahead of myself/ourselves but i feel optimism for the first time in ages! gutted that i'm going to spain in some ways so won't be able to keep up with the news for a week or so <_<

Nicko, any news on an approah for Fernando Meira from Rovers?

Are the rumours in Portugal that we're after him? I must say he'd be a very good signing.

I suspect you're just throwing that name out in hope though...

neill played at millwall for years and would have had EU passport by time he joined us, tugay at rangers for at least two. brad for two at liverpool.

you have to have been in britain 5 years for consideration for a passport.

the three possible signings will have none, nelsen is on three. thats two years where not all can play. i'm sure its not just uefa comps either. even if it was, and we qualified for europe, you then face the possibility that not all could play in the same team

emerton played in holland for years aswell, not sure how many though. I know nothing of this osorio tbh, how long has he played in germany?

Osorio and countrymen Pavel Pardo went over to Struttgart post WC2006.

It's little wonder that newly promoted teams always struggle and that other clubs in the Prem struggle to break free of their standing in the pecking order when you see the sort of money being spent on average players!

£5.5m for Dave Kitson?

£23m for the 4 Spurs players reportedly on their way to Sunderland?

It's pure madness.

Who's Edwards?

There are a few topics on our transfer targets, which you can catch up on the latest gossip or even read back in this one.

In Summary Castillo and Chile expected to sign on a year long loan shortly.

Who's Edwards?

There are a few topics on our transfer targets, which you can catch up on the latest gossip or even read back in this one.

In Summary Castillo and Chile expected to sign on a year long loan shortly.

sorry, i meant andrews, the mk dons guy. and thanks :)

sorry, i meant andrews, the mk dons guy. and thanks :)

Don't even mention him. Rumours we have agreed a deal and are waiting to bury it after we have signed the 2 flair players.

Brad expected to leave this week with Robinson strong favourite to replace him.

Meanwhile Spurs are searching in the sofa for the pennies to get Bentley.

City paid quite much for him and wouldn´t sell him low price for us. And do we really need strikers? Good player though.

Well, once we get in the right back the next step will be to look for an upgrade to Roberts to be honest - unless of course Bentley is sold. Whilst big Jason is a decent player if we could get someone in who has real quality to ally with pace and power we will be laughing. Not easy to find players like that though....

There is also an argument for a central defender as well but I am pretty sure Samba and Nelsen can find their form again, especially if the Admiral steers clear of injuries - whilst Ooijer and Zurab a re very good reserves.

All in all we are going to have an exceptionally high quality squad next year by the look of things. It's just a shame the same is happening at nearly all the teams in the Prem in recent years. The squad is going to have more depth than it ever has, which is a bit incongrous as we are not in the UEFA this season... Can't complain though.

The way Ince is setting us up we could be a cracking footballing team next year.

Nicko, do you know if Zenit's comments are true that Spurs have submitted a bid for Arshavin?

“We have been in contact with Tottenham,” Zenit spokesperson Konstantin Sarsaniya told the Russian press.

“This English club is really interested in acquiring Andrei, but our understanding is that €27 million (£21.5 million) is too high a price for them.

“For Spurs it is unacceptable. They are ready to pay approximately €20 million (£15.9 million) for Arshavin.”

If so, could it mean the have switched their attention from Bentley? I know he can play upfront, but am I right in thinking he can play right wing as well?

Nicko, do you know if Zenit's comments are true that Spurs have submitted a bid for Arshavin?

If so, could it mean the have switched their attention from Bentley? I know he can play upfront, but am I right in thinking he can play right wing as well?

Zenit are starting to sound desperate, the price on Arshavin has gone way up and now it is coming down.

Spurs bid for Bentley just 48-72 hours ago...I don't think it was their final offer.

I would still think Bentley is more likely...although Spurs could sign both if Keane and Berbatov go.

although Spurs could sign both if Keane and Berbatov go.

There was a list of 4 players spurs are looking to get with the "£57m" they get from Keane and Berbatov.

If we let Bentley go we could stick a cheeky offer in for Arshavin.... :rolleyes: wishful thinking.

Are we expecting further news on Castillo and Chile shortly, as they join up with the squad today. I assume they can't play for us tonight.

Archived