BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the rumours in Portugal that we're after him? I must say he'd be a very good signing.

I suspect you're just throwing that name out in hope though...

So far, I only saw news relating him with Juventus and Benfica.

But, since I have been getting one transfer per year right (Benni and RSC), it is time for me to choose a player for rovers lol

My link was about bentley and is possible transfer out of the club, and I was asking Nicko a question as a result hence why I put it here.

Fair do's I missed that. However, asking Nicko "Am I being cynical in thinking that Bentley's injuries are just a smoke screen", is a tad optimistic!

Nicko,

there are some rumours going around that Warnock will be a Newcastle player by Friday. Apparently it's in a Lancashire local paper. As I'm a Newcastle fan, and this relates to Blackburn, how much truth do you think is in this?

.... and also a few rumours amongst Newcastle fans that Andy Carrol might be part of the deal for Warnock?

Hey guys, Spurs fan in peace.

News from our side is that Bentley fee has been sorted for a fee of 14mil with Robbo NOT included.

Also to the guy who was wondering about our bid for Arshavin instead of Bentley, that isn't the case as he is a replacement for Keane.

Nicko,

there are some rumours going around that Warnock will be a Newcastle player by Friday. Apparently it's in a Lancashire local paper. As I'm a Newcastle fan, and this relates to Blackburn, how much truth do you think is in this?

.... and also a few rumours amongst Newcastle fans that Andy Carrol might be part of the deal for Warnock?

Rovers would want at least £5 million for Warnock.

Or £6 million plus Carroll... :D

Hi nicko, cheers for the reply. I'm aware of how much it would likely take to bring Warnock to St James, but is there any truth in the story (which is apparently in some Lancashire paper today) that he'll be a Newcastle player by Friday. Have you heard any developments?

Hi nicko, cheers for the reply. I'm aware of how much it would likely take to bring Warnock to St James, but is there any truth in the story (which is apparently in some Lancashire paper today) that he'll be a Newcastle player by Friday. Have you heard any developments?

Unless they pay the money...and Newcastle are having some troublle closing deals right now.

Rovers would be crazy to sell Warnock in their current position. But money talks.

Why are Newcastle seemingly so desperate to sign Warnock? I thought José Enrique was one of the better Allardyce signings and had fitted in quite well?

A reliable partner for Steven Taylor (plus some cover) would seem to be more urgently required to me, but then I'm sure Keegan knows what he's doing... :unsure:

Rovers would be crazy to sell Warnock in their current position. But money talks.

He's doing a great job for the club hence the England call up and the fans adore him. I cannot see him going anywhere in the near future. It would cost more than £5 million to replace one of the best left backs in the league.

According to the moron on SkySports News at the moment, Blackburn are skint, and in trouble as they "have not budgeted for a replacement for Friedel". He also went on about Bentley going to Spuds for around £12 million, and didnt make mention of ANY incoming players when asked...

That 5 minute conversation reminded me of why i hate SkySports so much! :angry:

He's doing a great job for the club hence the England call up and the fans adore him. I cannot see him going anywhere in the near future. It would cost more than £5 million to replace one of the best left backs in the league.

Well, you'd hope we'd keep on saying no but these are strange times just about everywhere in footabll. when even clubs like Man U and Arsenal are vulnerable you have to ask what our chances are. I just hope that warnock, who seems a bright lad won't be tempted by the fools' gold on offer at St James's.

According to the moron on SkySports News at the moment, Blackburn are skint, and in trouble as they "have not budgeted for a replacement for Friedel". He also went on about Bentley going to Spuds for around £12 million, and didnt make mention of ANY incoming players when asked...

Total guesswork...read the papers, don't know which ones to believe and try to sound convincing.

That's why I keep having a chip at Sky myself.

Why would anyone have budgeted for a replacement for Friedel? Nobody in football expected him to be going anywhere. A replacement would only add a couple of million to our budget anyway and unless someone's telling porkies we could raise that if we needed to.

Look at our website. Warnock has said he wants to finish higher in the league next season than last..hardly the words of someone that wants to leave. But as has been said money talks. If Newcastle offer silly money they would probably take it.

Why would anyone have budgeted for a replacement for Friedel? Nobody in football expected him to be going anywhere. A replacement would only add a couple of million to our budget anyway and unless someone's telling porkies we could raise that if we needed to.

It's not the 'budgeting comment' that bothers me. Its the way he was talking about Rovers like we had no players coming in except freebies like Fowler and that it was a foregone conclusion that Bentley (to Spurs for 12 million) and Friedel (he made it sound like for free not mentioning any fee) would be leaving.

He almost made it sound like we would not be replacing them at all, and would be starting with only 9 players in the starting XI next season! :lol:

Honestly, i don't understand the hatred we get from Sky? Do they just not like us because we dont spill information... Maybe we should just hand over our shortlist and allow them to say, "these are the players Rovers would like to get in their dreams!" :lol:

I really hate the way SkySports keep name-dropping MUTV every 10 or so minutes, and i hate the way the keep going on about Spurs every 10 minutes...

Edit: If you all want to save yourselves hours waiting for something to happen/be said on SkySports News. Just dont bother. I can sum up the last 5 hours as following: "bla bla bla... Manchester United... bla bla bla... MUTV... bla bla bla bla... Rob Hulse Derby... bla bla bla bla... Chelsea... bla bla bla bla... Robinho... Kaka... Cech... Makelele... bla bla bla bla... Spurs..." ... and repeat!...

nicko ive heard a strong rumour that blackburn have asked spurs how much for darren bent and apparentley he is keen on the move,is there any truth to this?Also do have any more news regarding a new right winger or will we use brett emerton as a right winger?

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat...7&id=398322

any truth nicko you made the trip north on saturday...............i'm sure that family at the bottom of the 7th picture down look familiar ;)

"Stranraer Clarets" ?? :o:rock:

Match made in heaven for you tonight then, Nicko. Partick Thistle vs Burnley...........................

Archived