BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Orange Upgrade

hello all

im on dolphin 35 (18 month) that i took out in October '06 and they allowed me to upgrade after about a year and i signed up to another 18 month contract around June or July last year.

Do you think they will allow me to do the same again now and get another phone? My bill is never less than £75 a month so surely they should do?

Just wondered if anyone else on Orange had any problems with this

hello all

im on dolphin 35 (18 month) that i took out in October '06 and they allowed me to upgrade after about a year and i signed up to another 18 month contract around June or July last year.

Do you think they will allow me to do the same again now and get another phone? My bill is never less than £75 a month so surely they should do?

Just wondered if anyone else on Orange had any problems with this

I'm not an Orange customer but for £75 a month they should be brown nosing you big time. Assume every representative you talk to is authorised to give you big discounts (cos they are).

I've been with Orange for 14 years and until recently would have said they were streets ahead of the competition. My most recent upgrade was a nightmare and took six weeks to achieve coupled with various account changes. TBH if it wasn't a business account I'd have chucked the phone through their window.

If your spending £75 / month look for a new tariff. On the upgrades my understanding is you can ask 15 months from the start of the contract.

its web browsing on my phone that is pushing my limit up, already on unlimited texts and 600 mins. I want a new phone is the main point, and free web browsing - which IS available on a new tariff. If they wont give me a free phone I will sit out the last 6 months and gladly make them aware of that

I went with Orange last time as they had the best deal, however i won't next time there customer service is getting worse. I have been trying for a month to get £13 back from them, which they took off me for line rental i didn't use and they sent me a credit notice saying it would be taken off my next bill when it was my last. That was after i asked them to let me upgrade 16 months into an 18 month contract and they said no. I had to pay £200, bearing in mind my contract was only £25 a month at the time.

I shall be heading over the darkside with 3. They have some great deals on at the moment and have free browsing on their own internet site, which is pretty detailed.

My experience upgrading with Orange a few weeks ago.

They should let you upgrade 15 months into an 18 month contract with no questions asked, by making a fuss they should let you upgrade sooner.

And don't settle for anything less than unlimited internet - with your usage profile they ought to have offered you something more suitable months ago.

I went with Orange last time as they had the best deal, however i won't next time there customer service is getting worse. I have been trying for a month to get £13 back from them, which they took off me for line rental i didn't use and they sent me a credit notice saying it would be taken off my next bill when it was my last. That was after i asked them to let me upgrade 16 months into an 18 month contract and they said no. I had to pay £200, bearing in mind my contract was only £25 a month at the time.

I shall be heading over the darkside with 3. They have some great deals on at the moment and have free browsing on their own internet site, which is pretty detailed.

Their customer service is terrible now, takes ages on their automated service. End up on hold for ages.

I upgraded & haggled to get the phone for free (originally £50 charge) but they said I would be charged the £50 then I would be re-credited on the next bill. I wasn't & it went on for four months phoning each month several times to ensure it would happen that month. Got it in the end.

Dan mark furness:

If you are spending £75 a month, they will not want to lose you as a customer, trust me, they will want you tied in for another 18 months. There is no harm in trying for an upgrade before the 15 month period, I did it & got my new phone (make sure there is NO upgrade fee) also try for 10% off your bill each month, got that also. I am on dolphin 35 & my bill is not usually over £45 a month. They should be putty in your hands. P.s mention that you are looking at other networks offers, they will poop it that you are thinking of leaving & offer you more. Good luck.

My experience upgrading with Orange a few weeks ago.

They should let you upgrade 15 months into an 18 month contract with no questions asked, by making a fuss they should let you upgrade sooner.

And don't settle for anything less than unlimited internet - with your usage profile they ought to have offered you something more suitable months ago.

Tris,

Thanks for the reply on this. I plan to call them on lunch today, im around 13 months into my contract after I renewed early again around June last year. I can add the unlimited web on my tariff online when I look at best plan, but I want a new phone also and to confirm for another 18 months. Will see what they say, with how much my bills are it should not be a problem

Let you know how I get on

I`m about 16months into my Orange dolphin contract (£35/month)

I was unhappy to find their 'unlimited txts' offer actually means "500txts" so my bill is usually higher than i thought it would be. I rarely use my "500minutes" though.

I`d like to stay on Orange but does anybody know if you can actually haggle to get a better deal.....ie less minutes & more free txts (or vice-versa) ???

I`d like to stay on Orange but does anybody know if you can actually haggle to get a better deal.....ie less minutes & more free txts (or vice-versa) ???

Joan (my better half) had a contract with orange which expired a few months back. She wanted to stay with orange and they were advertising a deal on the latest Samsung model at that time in the window of the Orange shop in Blackburn. The handset was free for new customers.

She went into Orange and said she wanted that deal. She was told she couldn't have it as it was for new customers only. (It was like those comic ads on the TV for the building society - "brand new customers only")

She's been with orange for years. After telling them what we thought about that, we stormed literally next door into Phones4U who were amazed at what had happened and they sorted out the same deal on orange, and threw in a pay as you go Sony Ericsson handset!

The moral of the tale is shop around.

Love my K800i so asked if I could upgrade to the K850i with a 5meg camera. They told me that they'd had a lot returned with faulty soft keys and so I've ordered the new c902. 5meg camera, face detection, touch screen for the camera controls etc etc.

Brill.

Unlimited texts, 600 minutes free phone and £28 a month.

:rolleyes:

Love my K800i so asked if I could upgrade to the K850i with a 5meg camera. They told me that they'd had a lot returned with faulty soft keys and so I've ordered the new c902. 5meg camera, face detection, touch screen for the camera controls etc etc.

Brill.

Unlimited texts, 600 minutes free phone and £28 a month.

:rolleyes:

I swapped for the K850i AS and had a lot of problems, I got the blue ring of death on it. It it bigger than the c902 (which i want) and id not be impressed if a paid for the handset

Was on Dolphin 30 and paying usually £38 a month for 500 texts and 500 mins.

At the end of the contract, rang Orange and asked to be put through to their cancellation department, where they asked me what the best offer I had seen was for the phone that I wanted (a Nokia 6500). They then undercut the 'Three' offer and offered me 250mins and 250texts for £15 a month. Not bad.

And for whoever said they loved their K800i - it was the worst phone I'd ever had.

Worked for Orange about 7-8 years ago on the customer service help desk.

The first people you speak to aren't allowed to offer you anything other than the standard costs for things, i.e. early upgrade cost, standard cost per handset.

If you ask to speak to disconnections however, they are authorised to offer you a hell of a lot more. I wasn't allowed to tell the customer this but did try to put as many people through to disconnections as possible for this reason.

I cant say its definitely still the same but that's how it was when i was there. The people in disconnections are targeted directly on how many people they keep so its a negotiation process (package as well as handset and contract length). They have a level they can offer you based on the amount you spend (also on the number of handsets in the household too). Last time I upgraded I got a free handset, which was originally quoted at £150 plus a decent package too.

Tash wanted an upgrade but couldn't get what she wanted from Orange over the phone or in their shop, so went to Carphone Warehouse and got her deal, still on Orange, with the phone she wanted.

My other daughter had a phone which had broken, spoke to two guys on Orange both of whom were extremely rude and apparently instead of paying insurance she had been paying for an internet service that she had not asked for and they refused to replace it. She rang back later and spoke to a woman who said the calls were not logged although she would be able to trace and report those concerned; the matter was resolved there and then and a replacement phone received the following day.

I called them and they advised I cannot upgrade before October, which is fine really as I will choose another handset then and with my bill costs I should be able to get what I want

Added the 250mb internet allowance on for £7.50 so touch wood that should keep my bills down now!!

I went into phones 4 u a few months ago and they offered to buy out the remainder of my flext T-Mobile contract (5 months) as my phone was knackered and I couldn't get an upgrade for another couple of months and put me on Dolphin. They may be worth a try. As it happens I've ended up upgrading with T-mobile + paying £10 less per month for the Nokia 6650.

Archived