BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brad's Replacement

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko seems to be certain we only want Robinson but some of the media says we are about to bid for Carson.

Id definitely take Robinson who I believe has been overly criticized and has alot to prove again over Carson who for me hasnt established himself as a top keeper yet and I believe has been overly hyped by the media, especially until his debut at which point one error saw him fall from grace. If he was THAT good, he would still be up there...

As i said in the other topic, is the reason we dont want Carson because of his penalty save that stopped us getting into Intertoto.

I haven't seen any terrible mistakes he has made that Robinson hasn't made, in fact i think i have seen more clangers Robinson has made...?

Not that im disagreeing with Nicko, but we cant just write off a topic because he says he isnt coming, besides, in generates interesting convo which is only going to clog up the Nicko topic!

Just found this, rather amusing... Robinson singing to the Spurs fans:

As i said in the other topic, is the reason we dont want Carson because of his penalty save that stopped us getting into Intertoto.

I haven't seen any terrible mistakes he has made that Robinson hasn't made, in fact i think i have seen more clangers Robinson has made...?

It is not because of 1 penalty save, that was an awful penalty.

Carson made that awful mistake for England vs Croatia and that seemed to kill his confidence. Robinson is 27, Carson is 22, so i think it is pretty likely that Robinson will have made more errors, that comes with time.

why is this topic open if we arent even approaching Carson.

How do you know we are not approaching Carson? BBC are reporting we are interested, the topic need not be limited to just Robinson or Carson, if other names are linked then by all means discuss.

How do you know we are not approaching Carson? BBC are reporting we are interested, .....

Oh do keep up modes ..don't you read Nicko's thread !

Oh do keep up modes ..don't you read Nicko's thread !

I wish. It seems to be all i do thesedays.

I meant, just because Nicko has written it off doesn't mean it's true (we will see later i suppose), another journo or 2 has linked us with him and it is causing debate as to who we would prefer, etc.

Nicko may not have contacts everywhere and the BBC are usually fairly decent.

I think I might rather have Carson. He hasn't been amazingly impressive at times, but he's 22. That is very, very young for a keeper, but he has a lot of talent. He has the ability to pull off fantastic saves and just needs to work on the more basic aspects of keeping (remind you of anyone?).

Just found this, rather amusing... Robinson singing to the Spurs fans:

In my ideal world Brad's will still be our keeper but I'm officially a Robbo fan after watching that.

Carson made that awful mistake for England vs Croatia and that seemed to kill his confidence.

Agree with that, modes - it's a confidence thing with Robinson. I just hope we can cure that if he does sign for us. If we can rehabilitate Robinson we'll have got a genuine bargain when you consider what some clubs are paying for keepers.

I have wanted to post my reason for not signing Robinson but I was never sure where to post it............but here goes.

Stewart (?) Robson, a coach, is a regular contributor to the Sunday Telegraph and he wrote about Robinson a few months ago. His point was that Robinson's problems were not just down to a lack of confidence etc but that he is out of step with players who would be counted as more talented keepers at the present moment. There is now a much bigger need for athleticism than ever before and this is something Robinsone does not have and cannot develop. I cannot remember all the points that were made, but as Robinson was a player I had quite rated when he was at Leeds, it stuck in my mind.

Not sure what all the fuss is about.both carson and robinson,wont be bad at all.robinson is stil young for a keeper at 28,england international,and experienced,stil has 10 years left in him.carson at 22 is stil a baby,for a goalkeeper at that age,but he has so much potential,and can get so much better.there are 2 keepers,who are quality who we mite in the future not be able to sign.the opportunity is there,so why not grab it.

Archived