BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Was I The Only Person In The World

:rover: BORAT and ALI G are the same person :unsure::brfc:

:lol:

I'm sure there are small villages in Turkey where it's not common knowledge...

Baron Cohen's funniest creation is being kept until last though. Bruno is the gay Austrian TV presenter and fashion icon who is currently filming his own movie. Baron Cohen got $13m up front for this.

:lol:

I'm sure there are small villages in Turkey where it's not common knowledge...

Baron Cohen's funniest creation is being kept until last though. Bruno is the gay Austrian TV presenter and fashion icon who is currently filming his own movie. Baron Cohen got $13m up front for this.

:rover: i saw a programme last night about cohen,the interview with posh spice was :) out off this world :brfc:

You already knew you was not the only one.

Garry Shandling, a guest on the aformentioned show, also did not know.

Brilliant comedian.

I was there right at the beginning. I watched his first performance on the 11 o'clock show. I thought he was brilliant (I was only 14/15 at the time).

I knew he would get big, but I didn't expect him to get THAT big.

Two of the worlds biggest comedians started on their TV career on the 11 o'clock show (Sacha Baron Cohen and Ricky Gervais).

Quite amazing really

You already knew you was not the only one.

Garry Shandling, a guest on the aformentioned show, also did not know.

Brilliant comedian.

I was there right at the beginning. I watched his first performance on the 11 o'clock show. I thought he was brilliant (I was only 14/15 at the time).

I knew he would get big, but I didn't expect him to get THAT big.

Two of the worlds biggest comedians started on their TV career on the 11 o'clock show (Sacha Baron Cohen and Ricky Gervais).

Quite amazing really

Probably the two of the worlds unfunniest comedians. Quite a coincidence.

Probably the two of the worlds unfunniest comedians. Quite a coincidence.

Well said that man! Not palatable due to the hype surrounding them both and the almost fascist insistence that there is something wrong with you if they don't make you laugh. They're not funny - I can hear the mob assembling already!!

Well said that man! Not palatable due to the hype surrounding them both and the almost fascist insistence that there is something wrong with you if they don't make you laugh. They're not funny - I can hear the mob assembling already!!

Do you think you would like them if you had watched them before they became famous?

If you remove the hype they are still great comedians.

The way Cohen brings out peoples dark side is brilliant

Never a great devotee of Ali G but his best ever TV moment was his interview with the Beckhams for Comic Relief.

btw Whatever happened to Dennis Penis? He and Mrs Merton were TV's best interviewers by a mile a decade or so ago.

Do you think you would like them if you had watched them before they became famous?

If you remove the hype they are still great comedians.

The way Cohen brings out peoples dark side is brilliant

No they both are pathetically unfunny. People have been told that they are funny and they have become such cult figures that some of the population believe that it is good street cred to believe it. Their acts are just silliness without an ounce of wit. An instance of that is that stupid but much acclaimed dance that Jervais performed. Just pathetic silliness.

Peter Kay is quite funny and Billy Connolly totally cracks me up. Billy is really my type of humour.

An instance of that is that stupid but much acclaimed dance that Jervais performed. Just pathetic silliness.

The dance isn't supposed to be funny. That's not the gag. The point is that Brent is so deluded and so angry that he is not the centre of attention that he engineers a situation where people have to watch his 'Flash Dance fused with MC Hammer'. It's one of the horrifying things I've ever seen on TV.

Ricky Gervais does not seem to be funny as Ricky Gervais. However, The Office is hilarious as is Borat.

Agreed. The Office was great, but Gervais on stage is pants. Where was it he made a complete fool of himself last year? Some variety show wasn't it?

Ali G/Borat/Bruno are great in sketches. I though the Borat film was far too long.

People got wise to Pennis and wouldnt go near him.

I think the actress who played Mrs "So Debbie, what did you see in multi-millionaire Paul Daniels" Merton thought she's taken her as far as she could. Plus I think she was too ###### to carry on

To be fair in all the interviews i'd read Paul Kaye made the decision himself to kill off Dennis Pennis. Always found it very funny and celebs being celebs you would still get a steady stream willing to be humiliated just to be on tv. Like all the best comedy he wisely chose to bin it before it stopped being funny.

Never found Borat funny. The movie wasn't funny for me as it was so staged. Had he really taken that character into public in a totally unscripted documentary then it could have been good. As far as I'm concerned it was just a poorly written comedy which people like because they thought they should and because it's simple and you know when you're supposed to laugh.

Archived