BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Expectations For The Coming Season

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a quick look on the MB to see if we had made any good signings,to be faced with the news (false? ) that Ince killed someone's cat, Duff is on his way back,Pennant's on his way,and we will be fielding a team of Orcs!

Let's hope that Ince shares the ability with the fans of having the imagination to think beyond the obvious in his transfer dealings otherwise I too fear a low mid-table finish,

Given ROVERS is now in state of change, Mid-table (8-12th) will be quite a respectable achievement for PI's first EPL season.

I believe that we will see very exciting and entertaining and winning football next season from Rovers. Especially if Villianue is as good as the utube clips - there will be no reliance on Bentley as he will not be there. RSC and Bennie will both be high scorers and Pedersen will be better for the lack of bentley - I believe he was stiffled because of Bentley. There maybe Pennant on the right wing who I believe will play well with Pedersen in switching from the flanks - Rovers will get to 5 or 6th. If Fowler is given a place then I believe Rovers will have two impact players - Derbyshire & Fowler and I believe the latter will help bring Matty Derbyshire on - Ince will keep some dosh back for January.

Oh all the Ince haters / critics will have to have a change of heart.

I believe that we will see very exciting and entertaining and winning football next season from Rovers. Especially if Villianue is as good as the utube clips - there will be no reliance on Bentley as he will not be there. RSC and Bennie will both be high scorers and Pedersen will be better for the lack of bentley - I believe he was stiffled because of Bentley. There maybe Pennant on the right wing who I believe will play well with Pedersen in switching from the flanks - Rovers will get to 5 or 6th. If Fowler is given a place then I believe Rovers will have two impact players - Derbyshire & Fowler and I believe the latter will help bring Matty Derbyshire on - Ince will keep some dosh back for January.

Oh all the Ince haters / critics will have to have a change of heart.

Steady on, that level of optimism is frowned upon round these parts!

Mid-table mediocrity, thanks to our mediocre management team.

Jesus! Thank christ you don't sit in the BBE !!!

I cannot honestly believe how many doom and gloom mongers we have on this board, it's frankly outrageously depressing and most premature!

Yes, We have a new management team who have a difficult job, the so called bigger clubs, who have more money and will take more risks than we can or would care to make (And I'm glad we are not like them TBH) so they are going to come after our better players, EVERYONE outside the top 4 has the same issue! Look at Villa with Barry for example? The barcodes can't afford any morality as they know FULL well that other clubs would snap him up (Probably on a free) and if you want an example of the "Bigger pond" that everyone else aspires to swim in, Even Arsenal with their top draw management team can't keep their players?

So, how's this for a deal, why don't we give Ince & Co. some time, we know the transfers goto the wire, then there are all the dodgy ones that "Just missed" or the pre January's, Loans, and then of course January itself. We've got a young England keeper to replace a guy who we had to replace in the next year or 2 anyway (And are people forgetting that Brad NEVER came for crosses AT ALL? Or his display against Brum for example?)

I predict top 10, hopefully top 7 again, 6th would be excellent.

Keep the faith!

Chelsea 85

Man U 83

Arsenal 78

Liverpool 77

Portsmouth 64

Tottenham 61

Man City 59

Aston Villa 59

Middlesbrough 55

Everton 53

West Ham 49

Fulham 44

Sunderland 44

Newcastle 43

Blackburn 42

Bolton 40

Wigan 38

West Brom 31

Hull 21

Bristol City 20

Chelsea 85

Man U 83

Arsenal 78

Liverpool 77

Portsmouth 64

Tottenham 61

Man City 59

Aston Villa 59

Middlesbrough 55

Everton 53

West Ham 49

Fulham 44

Sunderland 44

Newcastle 43

Blackburn 42

Bolton 40

Wigan 38

West Brom 31

Hull 21

Bristol City 20

when did bristol city get promoted !!

bristol city didnt come up, its was stoke city..

as for blackburns season-many will have us down to fail-other fans , maybe even pundits..i think we will suprise a few people tho-i also think our football will be much better under paul ince, and i cant see us losing to embarrasing score lines against teams like larissa, coventry and wigan..

Same here im afraid!

If we sell a £15million player, he needs to be replaced by someone of similar ability........meaning similar price!

or its a step back!keep warnock santa we'll be fine, lose them 2 + bents! :blink: oh poo!

I don't really agree with that. For example if you look at the price we have signed players such as Santa Cruz. Just because players are purchased at low cost doesn't mean they will do half the job.

I don't really agree with that. For example if you look at the price we have signed players such as Santa Cruz. Just because players are purchased at low cost doesn't mean they will do half the job.

To take that a little further just because you pay a lot doesn't mean you're getting a great player. For examples look at Grabbi, Barry Ferguson, most Spuds signings, etc.

Bottom 6 I'm afraid. Still I can think of 5 teams worse than us.

Should be okay from the drop.

Bolton

Wigan

West Brom

Hull

stoke

Fulham

Sunderland

Newcastle

Middlesbrough

there you go theres a few more even!!!

Chelsea 85

Man U 83

Arsenal 78

Liverpool 77

Portsmouth 64

Tottenham 61

Man City 59

Aston Villa 59

Middlesbrough 55

Everton 53

West Ham 49

Fulham 44

Sunderland 44

Newcastle 43

Blackburn 42

Bolton 40

Wigan 38

West Brom 31

Hull 21

Bristol City 20

how do you come to the conclusion sunderland, fulham, middlesborough and pompey are going to do that well??

To take that a little further just because you pay a lot doesn't mean you're getting a great player. For examples look at Grabbi, Barry Ferguson, most Spuds signings, etc.

Mr Kevin Davies

Nathan Blake

My word we've had a few.

Chelsea 85

Man U 83

Arsenal 78

Liverpool 77

Portsmouth 64

Tottenham 61

Man City 59

Aston Villa 59

Middlesbrough 55

Everton 53

West Ham 49

Fulham 44

Sunderland 44

Newcastle 43

Blackburn 42

Bolton 40

Wigan 38

West Brom 31

Hull 21

Bristol City 20

I dont think you'll be too far out with that, PH, although I'd like to think we'd finish higher than the likes of Fulham & Middlesboro. Sunderland too, except so far this close season they've strengthened much more effectively than we have. As you say, I also think the 3 promoted teams will be straight back down, but at least one of them will probably start the season brightly as promoted teams often do before trailing off after Xmas. Also not entirely convinced Chelsea will nick it off ManU, but it will be those 2 come the end of the season.

And I'll have a quiet chuckle at bentley's expense if Spurs fail to qualify for Europe, although thats unlikely given the way they're spending right now.

As for our league position. I think it will be dependant on who we sign and who those around us sign from now to the deadline. Then in January also of course. How about we be Spurs for a season and come eleventh and win the Carling Cup :P

It's always acceptable to expect a team to build on their previous season so Blackburn should arguably be staying in the top seven which would normally result in European qualification. That would by my standards be the only way we could look back next May and say it's been a successful season. That said, I'll be, more relived than pleased, if we stay in the top half and content if we remain safely above the relegation fighters all season. I'm usually very hopeful going into a new season but I wouldn't feel justified this summer if I said we should be qualifying for Europe. I hope I'm wrong!

It's interesting to read the comments. Rovers fans are always fearful based on our fan base and how that impacts on the club in terms of budgets, income, profile, expectation.

Last season when the likes of Fulham, City, Pompey, West Ham, Spuds, Boro were splashing the cash we were like this year a bit gloomy.

In the end a lot of these big signings were average, the teams no better and the League table almost identical to previous years/trends. I'd expect the same.

I'd say Rovers got more points than our performances, if that can be said!? - so a few points less this season. Similar Pompey. Spuds, West Ham should get more points and Liverpool maybe.

Archived