BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Expectations For The Coming Season

I was going to post this last week but, having just read a thread on where someone claims we should be aiming for top 6, thought now would be a good time.

Where do you expect Rovers to be finishing next season. (note this is different to where would you be happy to see them finish.)

Top 4

Uefa Cup spot

Mid Table

Bottom half of the table.

Relegated

Any chance of someone making this a poll?

Personally I expect Rovers to be bottom half. This will be down to a slow start as Ince and the players adjust to each other.

edit - as people think it's a bit early just opinions for now. We can do a poll at the start of the season.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it stands, right here right now, if the players stay the same with only the departure of Bentley....

Rovers will finish next season outside of the the top ten probably about seventh from the bottom of the premier league.

I see mid-table especially if Bentley leaves.

If he stays, and we sign a right back and a midfielder then we could push for a UEFA Cup place.

I believe a club like us needs to be in the UEFA Cup slots every season otherwise we risk giving our better players the excuse of leaving.

Lets put it this way, if we dont get into Europe Roque will definitely leave...

Bottom line I predict 10th.

I see mid-table especially if Bentley leaves.

If he stays, and we sign a right back and a midfielder then we could push for a UEFA Cup place.

I believe a club like us needs to be in the UEFA Cup slots every season otherwise we risk giving our better players the excuse of leaving.

Lets put it this way, if we dont get into Europe Roque will definitely leave...

Bottom line I predict 10th.

He will won't he!

Thats why we have to look higher than the likes of Pennant etc.

Personally at the moment I think we'll have an up and down season 8th - 11th so mid table a step backwards!!

My heart says we'll be OK, but my head says we'll struggle.

Same here im afraid!

If we sell a £15million player, he needs to be replaced by someone of similar ability........meaning similar price!

or its a step back!keep warnock santa we'll be fine, lose them 2 + bents! :blink: oh poo!

Think we will be close to the top 6 next year. Cant think of any team around us that is much stronger, and as always certain teams are hyped up but dont perform. We will finish above newcastle and spurs. Actually you could say man city are stronger on paper now but that could get messy quickly.

Ince has had 2 jobs. Both times his teams have been on promotion form while he was in charge (not 100% sure about macclesfield but they got a lot of points in not a lot of games, so cant be far off)

Not worried at all, just hope we play attacking football

One step back two steps ahead, I wouldnt mind that. I feel the most important thing this season is Ince creating stable ship and then moving ahead in the second season...

Fair enough two seasons with no european competition = no RSC, and I have to wander about some of the others as well.

I personally feel that if we are to push for europe we must get there this year, otherwise we will have more up-heval next season and at the same time our standing will have fallen meaning less appeal to replacements.

Same here im afraid!

If we sell a £15million player, he needs to be replaced by someone of similar ability........

Disagree on two parts....

1. We have never sold a big money player and replaced with an even similar priced alternative. We've done alright haven't we?

2. Bentley isn't a £15m player anyway, so with good scouting and a bit of good development, he could be replaced for half the price.

I think that if we can recruit a good midfielder and maybe a right back, aswell as securing Villaneuva on Loan then things look good. If Bentley goes then Pennant or maybe Larson from Birmingham would do a good job.

Aston Villa & Everton both look weaker than last season, and pompey wont get as lucky this year round, although they may improve slightly before the season. Tottenham, while they are adding abit of skill, they still look very dodgy - the defence isnt great, the keeper they signed isnt great, 1 striker has gone, the remaining 2 may follow and they still lack a midfield general like Gerrard/

So I believe at the moment, looking at our oposition, 6th is still a very real posibility.

Surely this is far, far too early. I couldn't even come close to having expectations without knowing the fate of Bentley and Santa Cruz, not to mention who we might sign (it's obvious there are going to be a few coming in).

Well we did manage it last season! B)

Last seasons gone other teams are strengthening, we've lost one quite possibly two of our best players we are distinctly weaker, the weakness of the team all season was central midfield still no better at this moment in time.

We wait and see for developments on a quality central midfielder.

SO far, I would disagree as I dont think we have really weakened yet. Brad will fade in the next 18 months gauranteed, Robinson will improve back to his old self. Watch.

Villa & Everton are weaker so far. Pompey are similar to last season at the moment too.

IF bentley goes then yes we will be weaker. But dont forget this South American kid too, he looks a talent.

SO far, I would disagree as I dont think we have really weakened yet. Brad will fade in the next 18 months gauranteed, Robinson will improve back to his old self. Watch.

Villa & Everton are weaker so far. Pompey are similar to last season at the moment too.

IF bentley goes then yes we will be weaker. But dont forget this South American kid too, he looks a talent.

The south american is a big big risk, hes small, not very fast and doesnt speak English and prefered Spain over England in his prefered destination.

You seem to forget that Bolton, Wigan, Boro, Sunderland and possibly Spurs will all be stronger than they were last season.

Archived