BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham And Bournemouth Teetering

Neither Rotherham nor Bournemouth have satisfied the football league's requirements that would allow them to transfer the golden share to ne ownerships.

If not sorted in the next two days, they will both go out of existance.

Add Luton still under a 30point deduction and three places in England, all of which are bigger than Blackburn, are facing the very real possibility of not having league football in the near future.

I send my best wishes to all three clubs especialy the players and fans.

Players-hoping that they still have a job at the start of the season

Fans-So that they can go and cheer on their team.

Iam glad to see that Williams has kept has kept the pennies since jack passed away.

You do know in Poundland a quid gets you an big tub of imported Nutella...

You not bothered then shilli? Put the Phil baiting to one side for a minute eh?

There but for the grace of God go us to be honest.

Still the main news this evening is that Ronaldo is staying at Man U for another season. What smashing news.

No that wasn't the question. There wasn't a question. Just that these are two teams that we used to come up against a few years back and they're both on their arse. It's not good. It's a valid thread if you ask me. Could have been us in their shoes quite easily.

Survival of the fittest or will football eat itself?

While not particulary happy about Bournemouth & Rotherham. This happens & has happened for years. We were *that* close some years back before Uncle Jack stepped in.

In no particular order, clubs that have hit the wall of administration/receivership/liquidation (see Phillipl for the difference - bet he'll thank me for that!)

Accrington (the original & the only one of the original 12 founders to go bump)

Wimbledon

Middlesbrough

Swansea

Aldershot

Gillingham

Southport

Barrow

Workington

Halifax

Kidderminster

Leeds

Bradford Park Avenue

Cardiff

Wrexham

Cambridge United

Chelsea had debts of £100m before RA & were *that* close (if only...)

Bradford City

Millwall

Chalrton *that* close

Scarborough

There are scores more going back over the years, some survived, some died, some reformed & got back going again.

Just proves my well worn point that 4 Divs with 92 football league clubs are two divs and 50 or so clubs too many.

If football was invented today under todays business conditions there would never ever be room for 92 professional clubs. Sad for some die hards but the tip of the iceberg imo, they are only making up numbers anyway.

Just proves my well worn point that 4 Divs with 92 football league clubs are two divs and 50 or so clubs too many.

If football was invented today under todays business conditions there would never ever be room for 92 professional clubs. Sad for some die hards but the tip of the iceberg imo, they are only making up numbers anyway.

I read this topic last night with the intention of making a similar post this morning.

Sad as it may seem, the more football clubs that go out of business, the better it is for Blackburn Rovers in the long run. Particularly clubs in the North West.

More than 32 clubs for a country of this size is too many.

I read this topic last night with the intention of making a similar post this morning.

Sad as it may seem, the more football clubs that go out of business, the better it is for Blackburn Rovers in the long run. Particularly clubs in the North West.

Don't be daft. There is plenty of room for 92 clubs providing we don't expect 20k at each ground. Being massive is not a prerequisite to existing for gods sake.

If they cu t the professional leagues it would remove a great deal of interest in football as a whole.

I hate to say it but I've been thinking exactly this for a while. I can see a day when there will be club merges just so they can stay in business a little longer, not small clubs but ones of a significant size. I can see three divisions being relatively sustainable but not four. As always, it's the little clubs that suffer most. I don't know how some of the Scottish clubs stay in business either but that's another story. A major shake-up of the league structure is probably called for but I can't see the FA having the guts to make the toughest calls. We shall see what happens but 'There but for the grace of Jack go we...'.

Not daft at all. If you look at the amount of money in the English game compared to the concentration of distribution, you'll see that it is ridiculously lopsided. There is more than enough money in the game to keep 32 professional clubs running at a good level, as opposed to 10 - 15 haves and 75 - 80 have nots.

There are 20 haves, 24 getting bys now they have their budgets sorted (ok, not Southampton) and 48 making up the numbers but mostly with hopes. The non-league game has itscasualties but is better structured with better gates than for most of my life time.

Gates are up across the board in the 2000s- top to bottom.

If you are going down to 32 clubs, you'd exclude Blackburn.

Perhaps domestic feeder clubs are the only way forward now. Everyone is jizzing over the CL teams,and the Premiership in total, that Rotherham, Luton et al are being shunned by their local area in favour of Liverpoo or whoever. In the case of Luton, the emergence of the MK Dons in the last few seasons can't have helped, as well as the fact that most people in Bedfordshire support either the high profile London teams, Spurs or the northern CL teams. It is an area awash with glory supporters as there isn't a strong local identity (e.g. Yorkshire and Leeds, Manchester with Citeh/Utd).

The fact that FIFA, UEFA and the FA have been bullied into a situation whereby most of the money and coverage goes towards the top 4 teams is appaling. Blatter and co are not fit to look after the game.

I hate to say it but I've been thinking exactly this for a while. I can see a day when there will be club merges just so they can stay in business a little longer, not small clubs but ones of a significant size. I can see three divisions being relatively sustainable but not four. As always, it's the little clubs that suffer most. I don't know how some of the Scottish clubs stay in business either but that's another story. A major shake-up of the league structure is probably called for but I can't see the FA having the guts to make the toughest calls. We shall see what happens but 'There but for the grace of Jack go we...'.

It may even go the way of spain with smaller clubs becoming B teams for the bigger ones. As always in this country the rich get richer and poor poorer.

If football was invented today under todays business conditions

And therein lies the problem TND - its supposed to be a sport and that's how the powers that be want the fans to think it still is - yet behind the scenes its become a fat money making machine for the more esteemed clubs with the ones lower down the scale feeding of scraps yet still trying to compete and survive - and the power that be don't seem bothered

As we are all aware you have been a great philosopher on this scenario and and ambassador for Blackburn Rovers. Blackburn Rovers (see below and next post)

However, do people want it like that?

As I have posted before, I for one certainly don't want it and don't want Rovers to be part of it either.

MODS - Why when I type Blackburn Rovers am I getting Blackburn Rovers?

And therein lies the problem TND - its supposed to be a sport and that's how the powers that be want the fans to think it still is - yet behind the scenes its become a fat money making machine for the more esteemed clubs with the ones lower down the scale feeding of scraps yet still trying to compete and survive - and the power that be don't seem bothered

As we are all aware you have been a great philosopher on this scenario and and ambassador for Blackburn Rovers. Blackburn Rovers (see below and next post)

However, do people want it like that?

As I have posted before, I for one certainly don't want it and don't want Rovers to be part of it either.

MODS - Why when I type Blackburn Rovers am I getting Blackburn Rovers?

With you on this one Kapt. I've been proud that my country is able to support 92 fully professional clubs (actually more as most of the Conference are fully pro too). It's a sport first and foremost. An area's pride in its club should come before a club's balance sheet.

On the subject of L Utd - it might be a more viable business but I'd not support seeing my club's history tossed aside to chase a few extra bucks. Doubtless there'd be an FC Rovers of Blackburn or whatever and I'd support them!

Archived