BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

Next weekend will see the famous Blackburn Rovers make the journey to the blue half of Merseyside to kick off the new premiership campaign against the Toffees.

The opening fixture will be Paul Ince's first game in charge in competitive competition as Blackburn manager and having played for Everton's rivals Liverpool, this should make things extra spicy!

The venue is Goodison Park, it has wooden seats, no leg room, pillars that can interfere with viewing and toilet facilities that can be described as medieval. Not exactly top of range but then again this is a football match and not a visit to Buckingham Palace. Perhaps though it should be looked as an experience, the ground is the only football club to hold a world cup semifinal in England and also has it's own church in the grounds. Project proposals have been made with Tescos for a new stadium although there has been no agreements for a go ahead as yet, there won't be many more opportunities to sample the atmosphere at this legendary ground.

So far in the transfer window, David Moyes has sold last seasons top scorer Andrew Johnson to Fulham, ex rover Carsley has joined big club on a free and Gravesen and Fernandes have finished their loan spells and have returned to Celtic and Valencia.

So far they have signed nobody! Although there are links to Smith, Love and Moutiniho, there has been no official conformation of any new faces signed on the dotted line.

Bill Kenwright, not for the first time has reportedly said he is ready to sell the club at the right price. With all the uncertainty surrounding the club, Moyes wanted 6 new players before the season started and has taken matters into his own hands to raise funds seen here:

everton2.jpg

We on the other hand have sold our brick wall between the posts, Brad Friedel. An absolute legend in my eyes and will be missed immensely. Bentley threw his toys out of the pram, wanted champions league football and ended up at Tottenham. Incy wincy spider or the governor as he likes to be known made his first signing bringing in England's number one Paul Robinson followed by Chilie creative midfielder Villianueva and Manchester United's Danny Simpson. Robbie Fowler is on trail and hopefully there will be more new faces before the window closes.

There maybe some more players in the departure lounge at Ewood Park, I can exclusively reveal the latest on rocky to Everton and with this evidence he's happy where he is.

Seen HERE

With 7 subs available this season, squad depth will be vital more now than ever imo.

As for pre-season friendlies, people can make up their own mind on whether they matter or not? Everton have lost to Fc Sion, Cambridge Utd, Chicago Fire, drew with Notts Forest and PSV and beat Preston.

Rovers have had a variety of results too, the plus points being the opportunities given to the youth with Treacy and Judge making an impression although at the other end of the scale, worryingly our defence has been like a filthy hotel with no clean sheets.

The Everton crest reads Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, meaning "Nothing but the best is good enough." Sean Connery has an excellent response to a similar line in a film called the Rock but I feel it's not suitable for the MB although I'm sure some members will know what I'm talking about. 3 results in past meetings at Goodison which stand in the memory of when we had the better of Everton are obviously the title winning season, Hendry heroics on the line and all that. When Jonny Stead scored that vital goal to win 1-0 in our survival year and the 4-1 pasting we gave them in the F.A Cup 2 seasons ago on the ways to the semi's.

As for the present day, I feel the game will be won or lost in midfield. Moyes likes to pack 5 across the middle with Arteta the obvious danger man pulling the strings. If we do not combat the threat, we will be over run. This is probably an opportunity to get something from the game with their recent turmoil and if we do a good job here then the following game against new boys Hull City will have the boys full of confidence rather than the pressure is really on.

I admit Ince is not everyone's cup of tea as the new boss, some of his activities which the media have exposed have had fellow fans call for his head already. I though won't send the jury out until I've seen all the evidence.

On the injury front, Pedersen, Emerton and Santa Cruz were not risked today but should be fit for opening day. Nelsen will be back from the Olympics and Villanueva who is currently suffering with the chicken pox maybe available for selection.

There you have it folks, the first preview of the season is here and all the ecstasy and heart break is almost upon us. For all those going to the game, look out for the CRC, have a tidy day and do the usual good work and sing your hearts out! 3 points are on offer and good times!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait. It's actually going to be the first game of the season shown on Fox Soccer Channel in America for this season. I love to see Blackburn lead off the opening day of broadcasts here. I'm hoping my black and red halved jersey from last year arrives this week from my friend that picked one up for me to wear for the game.

I can't wait. It's actually going to be the first game of the season shown on Fox Soccer Channel in America for this season. I love to see Blackburn lead off the opening day of broadcasts here. I'm hoping my black and red halved jersey from last year arrives this week from my friend that picked one up for me to wear for the game.

Im getting my new tops from my local football store! Im with you guys I was very excited to see that FSC was showing them first.

Im hoping that the boys can get it together.

3rd in a row from the US on this post! USA USA USA!!!

Im getting my new tops from my local football store! Im with you guys I was very excited to see that FSC was showing them first.

USA might as well dominate something else. We're already up 8 to 3 in the medal count as well. USA USA USA!

Oh and as for my day's attire, if my away top doesn't get here in time (was shipped last week from Brighton), then I'll settle for the home top. Gotta place my order for a scarf and all from onerovers too.

I can't wait to see the new look Rovers play a game together since up to this point, all I really know about them together is what has been read through here.

thats more than you can do in preston, 15 miles away from blackburn!!

Leyland Blues on the roll, leaving on the 1055am train.

Gonna have drink around Matthews Street before the game and returing after.

Going to be hard enough as it is, Goodison is not a happy hunting ground for Rovers althugh we have notched some goods wins there, 2-1, 4-1, 1-0 over the years.

Worst memory of Goodison apart from the toilets and seats was when we lost 3-1 in The FA Cup (Lineker years).

Ozz, dont go corporate come with us, you know you will be save :rolleyes:

Going for a score draw

Archived