BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock Thread

Guest Kamy100

I don't post a lot and am normally well entrenched in the positive mental attitude camp of the members but fee compelled to have a little rant!

I'm normally so excited about the start of the new season. For the last three years we've had a new big name striker on the books and for three successive years they have made our season.

Cut to this year... I hope that Robinson finds his form and thought it was a positive move to get rid of Bentley rather than have him sulking at Ewood. But, a united reserve full back and some unknown chilean midfielder who everyone is raving about simply because he scored a good free kick on you tube? South Americans find it incredibly difficult to settle.....I just can't see some bloke who has been playing well on some pitch high in the Andes finding his feet (and quickly) in the Premiership.

Now Warnock appears to have contracted "Bentley disease". Thinks a couple of England caps mean he should be part of the the big 4. He should be grateful we saved him from the Liverpool scrap heap and show the club a little more respect. Even if he hasn't handed in a transfer request it sounds like he wants to leave. And to Newcastle???? What sort of signal does that send to the rest of the players?

I hope Ince does well I really do. I just cant see it happening thats all especially with Villa, Spurs and Pompey looking strong.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite possibly because he hasn't exactly come out and stated his committment to the club. Strictly speaking, I can understand why this issue is getting people backs up, but then again I doubt 90% of our team are "loyal" if you know what I mean.

This is taken from Steve Ingle in the guardian:

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot" - Groucho Marx.

Football fans are idiots. Or, to rephrase that sentence using less incendiary language: when it comes to football, intelligent people act stupid. And yes, that probably includes you.

After all, you remain hooked on a sport that has, over the past decade, become as competitive as a F1 warm-up lap - while at the same time taking ever-larger chunks out of your salary. Smart people would stand up to such exploitation. Football fans prefer to revel in their "hardcore" commitment.

Even if a match is shunted to some unholy hour to accommodate Sky, you think nothing of travelling hundreds of miles to sit in a stadium with all the atmosphere of a wake, to show loyalty to your club. The same club that's always thinking of ingenious new ways to bleed you dry.

When it comes to football, your rationality goes awol. You worship players who are at best indifferent to you, and at worst despise you. If a referee makes a dubious decision against your team, he's a ###### or a cheat. And if a journalist writes something you disagree with, he carries a vendetta.

Your idiocy doesn't end there. For you take more interest in pre-season friendlies - games which are, without exception, about as meaningful as Gazza's comedy breasts - than the growing inequality between football's haves and have-nots and what to do about it.

In short, you're an idiot.

Full article

How true it is.

Er...Hasn't it just been confirmed that the report is rubbish and he doesn't want to leave?

No, it has just been stated that he hasn't submitted a formal transfer request.

There was no reference to whether or not he has said he wants to leave and there was no mention of whether or not he is happy at the club.

You're all making a huge assumption that money would be the only reason Warnock would want to leave.

Quite convenient too.

........but in the exact same vein some are assuming that a lack of agreement with Ince and his methods are the only reason he'd want to leave too?

I have to admit it has gone on for long enough now for most of us to admit there must be something to it for it not to have been corrected by player & club and settled finally. Today's comments haven't really done that for me.

Since no-one on here knows exactly one way or another what the reasons are, why are people so quick to add it to the list of anti-Ince factors?

Convenient for those who already have an anti-Ince agenda also?

I didn't say it was only money that had turned SW's head, but it was maybe a possibility. We're all guessing at the moment.

We don't know how Ince is dealing with this, so I'm prepared to give him a chance before drawing my own conclusions, etc.

Maybe it means I have my head in the sand and I can't see what others can.

I'm hoping it means I'm willing to give the manager of BRFC a chance to show what he can do first when the results count.

Either way round, it can be settled if JW and PI hold true to the 'no one else is leaving stance'. I guess time will tell!

I agree with everything you've said.

I fall on the side that it's more likely to be management issues than it is money, as he signed a new contract in May. He also publicly said that he hoped Hughes would stay. Granted he then came out and said he was behind the new manager when Ince was appointed, but the likelihood in my view is that he was told/felt he should do that in order not to negate the pro Hughes comments. We all know a lot has happened since then.

It isn't so much that there's no smoke without fire - we all know that isn't necessarily always the case. However, a smog has descended on Ewood that would rival Beijing for air pollution - and that doesn't happen by itself.

No, it has just been stated that he hasn't submitted a formal transfer request.

There was no reference to whether or not he has said he wants to leave and there was no mention of whether or not he is happy at the club.

Jesus christ! Last night everyone slagged Warnock for wanting to leave and Ince for....well anything in the world thats wrong, now Warnock DENIES wanting a transfer and he gets crap for not screaming out how much he loves Rovers. Anyone in need of a break maybe?? :angry::angry:

Jesus christ! Last night everyone slagged Warnock for wanting to leave and Ince for....well anything in the world thats wrong, now Warnock DENIES wanting a transfer and he gets crap for not screaming out how much he loves Rovers. Anyone in need of a break maybe?? :angry::angry:

He hasn't denied wanting a transfer, he just hasn't put a transfer request in. Just because I haven't asked Angelina Jolie to sleep with me doesn't mean I don't want it to happen, or that I'm not making specific plans for it behind the scenes...

He hasn't denied wanting a transfer, he just hasn't put a transfer request in. Just because I haven't asked Angelina Jolie to sleep with me doesn't mean I don't want it to happen, or that I'm not making specific plans for it behind the scenes...

Specific plans to get Angelina in to bed?? This was interesting, tell me more!

Following the additional four pages posted today, I can only conclude that many of us are determined Warnock wants to go regardless of what he says or doesn't say and that we have all pretty much written Ince off before a ball is kicked in earnest. On this basis, I wonder if I should consider getting my request for a refund on our three season tickets before the stampede?

I have to agree it doesn't quite put the Warnock thing to bed yet.

I'm happy he has admitted he hasn't made an official transfer request, but doesn't say he is wants to stay either, maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'm getting the impression that behind the scenes he is pushing for a move but would be willing to stay if the right offer doesn't come in.

I have to agree it doesn't quite put the Warnock thing to bed yet.

I'm happy he has admitted he hasn't made an official transfer request, but doesn't say he is wants to stay either, maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'm getting the impression that behind the scenes he is pushing for a move but would be willing to stay if the right offer doesn't come in.

People last night on here were moaning because of the deathly silence coming from the club.

Warnock issues a statement saying he hasn't put in a transfer request. Can we not take the lad at his word and be pleased that at this present time he is still a Rovers player.

What happens if he had said I am staying and then Newcastle bid £12million for him so we sold him and then people would crucify him for lying to us!

Archived