BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock Thread

Guest Kamy100

The statement on the site says a few things to me. 1 he wants to go, however hasnt handed a transfer request in and 2 he wont be allowed to go - hence the quote.

Warnock and Co are staying boys all girls. No more outgoings only new players coming in.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The statement on the site says a few things to me. 1 he wants to go, however hasnt handed a transfer request in and 2 he wont be allowed to go - hence the quote.

Warnock and Co are staying boys all girls. No more outgoings only new players coming in.

Your a dreamer Hughesy, keep dreaming.

If I were the manager and I wanted him to stay I would just tell him that his request has been turned down; end of story. he has signed a new deal in recent months so he will have to live with it. No doubt the argument will surface that you cant have an unhappy player in the ranks as it will spread unrest.Nonsense. If he does start to slack you drop him reminding him that he was selected for the national team whilst at Ewood and that if he wants that to continue then he will have to play in the first team. Ince cannot allow anymore players to leave if indeed this is the correct scenario as it is so difficult to get to the truth in football these days.

Your a dreamer Hughesy, keep dreaming.

It's very sad that with Rovers fighting a rearguard action against misinformed national media (which hates little Rovers) that Rovers own fans choose to diss the club rather than believe and support what information the club puts out.

How clear does it have to be - John Williams says there is no transfer request, the player himself confirms it, there are no more players leaving and we get on with preparing to play Everton.

Except some of our own fans are so hell bent on undermining Ince and the club that they are fanning the flames lit by the lies in the media and perpetuating a story which isn't true, and is harming the club.

How incredibly naive. :rolleyes:

But wait a minute. If the easily led doom merchants think that though Warnock has not handed in a request 'there's no smoke without fire' based on the say so of a journalist (professional storytellers) they have left cloud cuckoo land and are now residing on another planet

If said journalist had not been proved right infinitely more times than wrong, I would agree.

As it is, I believe Nicko's information to be true. I'm not assuming Warnock is on his way out, because as Nicko says Newcastle will have to stump up more than £4m and Ince has a say also.

It worries me that we kick off in three days and we have major doubts over both our first choice full-backs.

It's very sad that with Rovers fighting a rearguard action against misinformed national media (which hates little Rovers) that Rovers own fans choose to diss the club rather than believe and support what information the club puts out.

How clear does it have to be - John Williams says there is no transfer request, the player himself confirms it, there are no more players leaving and we get on with preparing to play Everton.

Except some of our own fans are so hell bent on undermining Ince and the club that they are fanning the flames lit by the lies in the media and perpetuating a story which isn't true, and is harming the club.

No, No you got it all wrong, they are ALL leaving. Our best striker has stayed despite being viewed as class by most of the league - thats just a ploy to keep us all happy for the time being. Once everyone has bought their season tickets and the rest of our starting 11 has gone, RSC will follow. :rolleyes:

Honestly lads - have some faith in JW. When has he failed us?!

There's a lot of middle ground between wanting away from the club and actually going public with a transfer request.

Just because we don't think he's officially handed in a transfer request does not mean everything is rosy in the garden. We would be foolish to think the lack of a cast iron request means that there is no issue here. Foolish and desperate.

It doesnt mean that everything is bad either, but doesnt stop those with issues sticking the boot in.

Exactly Tris, Ince has come out and said categorically, 100%, that no more players will be leaving.

What more can he do? People should be applauding that stance. If someone else major leaves having said that, questions could be asked but not before.

I don't care frankly whether Warnock is deleriously happy, unsettled, has or hasn't actually handed in a request, or whether his agent is simply stirring for a financially lucrative move to Newcastle.

He'll have to knuckle down and get on with it.

I don't care frankly whether Warnock is deleriously happy, unsettled, has or hasn't actually handed in a request, or whether his agent is simply stirring for a financially lucrative move to Newcastle.

He'll have to knuckle down and get on with it.

Exactly.

Exactly Tris, Ince has come out and said categorically, 100%, that no more players will be leaving.

What more can he do? People should be applauding that stance. If someone else major leaves having said that, questions could be asked but not before.

Questions are already being asked because Ince has contradicted himself before. "I have no interest in Paul Robinson"... he probably thought he was being clever, IMO he was just proving the opposite.

Questions are already being asked because Ince has contradicted himself before. "I have no interest in Paul Robinson"... he probably thought he was being clever, IMO he was just proving the opposite.

I stand to be corrected but I don't think that was exactly what he said, I thought he said something like "I have Brad Friedel, why would I want Robinson when I've got Friedel"

If you don't have Friedel the situation changes.

You would think it would galvanise us wouldn't you but instead, its becoming a ego trip. Too many on here wish to prove they are the man.

I stand to be corrected but I don't think that was exactly what he said, I thought he said something like "I have Brad Friedel, why would I want Robinson when I've got Friedel"

If you don't have Friedel the situation changes.

That wasn't the entire statement. There was a more categorical assertion that he wasn't after Robinson.

Well said Tris. Agree 100%.

Ince states there will be no more departures. The club deny there has been a transfer request from Warnock. The player then comes out himself and in his words says "its rubbish". Yet some people still aren't happy.

Beyond belief!

Well said Tris. Agree 100%.

Ince states there will be no more departures. The club deny there has been a transfer request from Warnock. The player then comes out himself and in his words says "its rubbish". Yet some people still aren't happy.

Beyond belief!

Very one sided view of affairs. Ince has set himself up for a fall with that statement, and, as has been covered innumerable times on this board the last couple of days, just because there has been no formal request doesn't mean he isn't looking elsewhere. Warnock had the public platform to let everyone know he was staying and elected not to do so.

A few wins in the first few games is likely to change his mind, especially when he sees Keegan's lot struggling at the lower end of the table.

Archived