BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock Thread

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh bloody hell, this is fantastic. I'm surprised some people aren't bothered if he wants to leave.

When we sold Bentley and Friedel we knew we couldn't replace them with anyone as good. The same will apply to Warnock. This is only acceptable if we strengthen the team elsewhere...but we show absolutely no signs of doing so unless Villanueva can make the step up, which is asking a lot.

We're in deep ######. :(

Ironic that people who were saying we couldn't stand in the way of Brad, nor could we keep an unhappy Bentley, are now saying we can't let Warnock go.

[shakes head in disbelief].

bentley wanted to go, he came on sky sports half ###### in ibiza and stated he wanted to leave whilst we didnt have a manager - we got good money let him go

brad has earned the right at this club to be allowed his final dream move

warnock?? different situation

If Warnock indeed wants to go, he will say that he wants to go. And I'm sure we get decent profit off him if he moves. I still can't see him going to Newcastle - what are they going to do with their £6M left back Enrique? And who else would want him? City?

Ironic that people who were saying we couldn't stand in the way of Brad, nor could we keep an unhappy Bentley, are now saying we can't let Warnock go.

[shakes head in disbelief].

Friedel's age and the ridiculous fee put on Bentley's head meant they were potentially good deals in the long term. I think selling Friedel and replacing him with Robinson will look excellent business in 12 months time. Most of us assumed Ince would be given the Bentley money to strengthen the team throughout, but this doesn't seem to have happened so far.

The figures being talked about for Warnock have been between £2-£5 million. I don't see how selling someone of his quality for that fee could be of any benefit to the club, unlike Friedel and Bentley.

There's no irony about it Den.

Cruz is going to City too.

Oh well no reason to (Removed... naughty naughty!!) panic eh? It's just that anyone who can kick a ball is running full speed to the Ewood exit.

I told you people. Kick out all then "ambitious professionals" and invest in the academy to produce ROVERS players who want to play for the club. I don't care where we play.

Four days until the start of the season and I am bricking it. We've lost 2 of our 3 best players and now our best defender wants out. Something is not right at this club.

I never expected a smooth transition from Hughes to Ince, given the situation but this beggers belief. There's too much change going on right now and too much talk of unrest, which has now culminated in Warnock requesting a transfer. I think it's quite obvious that hardly any of the players want to play for Ince. But what the hell do we do?!

The trouble with Blackburn is that to the media it's a small town club and doesn't have the 'pull' factor that teams like Newcastle have. They get 50,000 fans in week in week out in a remarkable stadium and people are honestly brainwashed into thinking that it's a big club with huge potential. We get branded as a club with hardly any fans, a small mid-table selling club. The reality is that they have a big stadium in a big city and they have been pants for over a decade now. Whereas Blackburn are a big club in a small town who have achieved success in the last decade or so, have great facilities, a great population to crowd ratio and we are a very well run club behind the scenes.

Unfortunately most players/managers realise this once they leave the club and end up going down hill.

I think it's quite obvious that hardly any of the players want to play for Ince. But what the hell do we do?!

And this (alleged) one transfer request means that hardly any of the players want to play for Ince?

And this (alleged) one transfer request means that hardly any of the players want to play for Ince?

There was more to the Friedel transfer than met the eye. Two senior players - without any sign of unrest under Hughes, wanting out. Added to this the constant rumours of player unrest and yes, I think, that hardly any of the Hughes regime want to play under Ince. There's no smoke without fire and all that.

I'm hoping that it is 'alleged', but as per usual I doubt we'll get any conclusive comments from the club.

We support the manager.

He hasn't even played a competitive game yet a huge amount of fans are already calling for his head.

People (fans and players) need to forget about Hughes and start focusing on the present and get behind each other and show some support.

If people don't want to play or support the club then they know where they can go.

There was more to the Friedel transfer than met the eye. Two senior players - without any sign of unrest under Hughes, wanting out. Added to this the constant rumours of player unrest and yes, I think, that hardly any of the Hughes regime want to play under Ince. There's no smoke without fire and all that.
Or, again, another alternative.

Hughes was well aware of the unrest, and didn't want his "hard work" of keeping Bentley, Friedel, Warnock et al unravelling before his eyes - He then jumped ship to the next available club, knowing that with the funds behind him he could simply build again thus further enhancing his reputation, leaving whoever came in here with more than a couple of problems that needed ironing out.

Warnock's whinging straight after Hughes left implied it was a big convincing job that got him to sign the new contract.

It's more important than ever that we support the club, not the players, and give the manager our backing - No end of media hacks (no offence to the incumbent intended) or disrespectful agents will take the rug from under our feet - We're here to stay whether they like it or not. As mentioned above, when was the last time Ince failed at anything (Apart from captaining his side in the run in against a certain blue and white team)

We are being ripped apart from within the club by our so-called players and from outside with the media.....we are quite frankly being shat on from all sides.I cant explain,I dont know why, but it has to be said we never experienced anything like this under Hughes or even Souness.

As dramatic as it may sound I have a horrible feeling of helplessness as a fan of Rovers right now.....just what the fook is going on? :huh:

I really hope this aint true....

If this is true, What the hell is Ince doing there to make himself so hateable?! He's supposd to be a total arrogant prick isnt he?

I think a big part of the problem is that, not only is he young, but he also looks really young. Think its harder to respect someone as being in authority if they're only like 10 years older than you and look like a child. Dunno, if this turns out to be true then JW needs to have a serious look at Ince's attitude towards the players on the training pitch coz thats the only reason i can think of for there being so much animosity towards him. That hes a total fudge packer.

I think selling Friedel and replacing him with Robinson will look excellent business in 12 months time. ..........

................There's no irony about it Den.

If we go down Robinson will have gone in 12 months time. And how ironic would it be that the gk we bought to replace BF when he goes into decline was off and away before BF actually went into decline?

You would think there will be some reaction from the club to this story tomorrow. Wonder if we will hear Ince, or poor JW who must be having a nightmare of a summer.

I know we cannot comment on every story, especially this summer, but if not true the club should have already come out denying it (if it is not true).

This lack of stability does not bode well for a decent season.

This could so easily turn into one of those seasons where we are never troubled by relegation and never trouble the top half, where my interest is more focused on hoping to see newcastle and city get relegated. Come on stoke and hull don't be """t.

Good grief ...... Talk about not seeing wood for trees! Stoke and Hull will be our relegation rivals we are going to need them to be sh1t.

We support the manager.

He hasn't even played a competitive game yet a huge amount of fans are already calling for his head.

People (fans and players) need to forget about Hughes and start focusing on the present and get behind each other and show some support.

If people don't want to play or support the club then they know where they can go.

A remarkably suicidal viewpoint.

Archived