BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

Your joking right.

To play the scum would be the best thing to happen.

local rivalry, two clubs up for it, Rovers with a proud record and at home at Ewood. It woild be just what we need.

The gap is simply too wide. If Sheff wed can put 4 past them then we can go five or more.

BRING IT ON IN THE NEXT ROUND (if the scum make it that is) :rolleyes:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams in the draw:

Blackburn

Bolton

Brighton

Bristol city

Burnley

Cardiff

Carlisle

Cheltenham

Colchester

Crewe

Crystal Palace

Darlington

Derby

Fulham

Grimsby

Hartlepool

Huddersfield

Hull

Ipswich

Leeds

Leicester

Luton

Macclesfield

Man City

Middlesboro

Mk Dons

Newcastle

Northampton

Notts County

Oldham

QPR

Reading

Rotherham

Preston

Stoke

Sunderland

Southampton

Swansea

Watford

West Brom

West Ham

Wigan

Wolves

Yeovil

Then either

Notts Forest v Morecambe

Sheff Utd v Port Vale

Wycombe v Birmingham

Coventry v Aldershot

Great draw for us. A good way for Ince to give some run outs to the less experienced lads who had a good pre season. Olsson, Treacy, Judge & maybe some of the less fit first teamers.

Would be good to let a few youngsters get a run out, but we don't want to be too complacent. This is a tournament we could win and we have a good record in recent years.

Great draw for us. A good way for Ince to give some run outs to the less experienced lads who had a good pre season. Olsson, Treacy, Judge & maybe some of the less fit first teamers.

A one way ticket to humiliation.....the Coventry cup tie debacle is still fresh in my mind!

As strong a side as possible please to finish the job in style and entertain a very small home crowd.

A one way ticket to humiliation.....the Coventry cup tie debacle is still fresh in my mind!

As strong a side as possible please to finish the job in style and entertain a very small home crowd.

I agree to a certain extent but I just think it's a bit harsh to give them a run in pre-season and then say that's it for the rest of the season.

If they are good enough then it won't get us knocked out and if they are not good enough then get rid of them now.

I agree a drubbing would be good but you don't often see that and as long as we win it doesn't matter.

Has the date for this game been confirmed yet? I know it's week beginning 25 August, but does anybody know what day it will be?

Ince should be well aware of Hughes's superb record in the domestic cups and take this game seriously. For a club of our size, this is our only chance of winning something. I don't want a repeat of last season where we crashed out both cups in the first round.

If Ince wants to endear himself to the fans, then he can start with a strong team against Grimsby.

Has the date for this game been confirmed yet? I know it's week beginning 25 August, but does anybody know what day it will be?

Ince should be well aware of Hughes's superb record in the domestic cups and take this game seriously. For a club of our size, this is our only chance of winning something. I don't want a repeat of last season where we crashed out both cups in the first round.

If Ince wants to endear himself to the fans, then he can start with a strong team against Grimsby.

We are at home so I imagine that it will be on the Wednesday.

Archived