BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Versus Blackburn Rovers

My Hammers mate tells me Bellamy might be making an appearance today. I seriously hope neither he nor Neill get booed today, because that will be utterly embarrassing. When Carlos Tevez returned to Upton Park as a United player after moving onto bigger things, the whole stadium chanted his name. If memory serves me right, he scored a beauty and they applauded. Ince will be the subject of huge vituperation, but he left under circumstances that were very difficult for their fans to swallow.

Anyways, if Dunn is fit, then I can see us controlling the game because, by all accounts, West Ham's centre midfield has been completely anonymous of late. However, Upton Park is not a happy hunting ground for us, so I can see them nicking a draw. 1 - 1.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Hammers mate tells me Bellamy might be making an appearance today. I seriously hope neither he nor Neill get booed today, because that will be utterly embarrassing. When Carlos Tevez returned to Upton Park as a United player after moving onto bigger things, the whole stadium chanted his name. If memory serves me right, he scored a beauty and they applauded.

To be fair Tevez was practically THE reason West Ham stopped up a couple of years ago so he was guaranteed that reception. Lampard gets slaughtered every time he return to Upton Park.

To be fair Tevez was practically THE reason West Ham stopped up a couple of years ago so he was guaranteed that reception. Lampard gets slaughtered every time he return to Upton Park.

And his Dad is a Hammers legend. Thing is, they always eem to show respect to the people who actually deserve it, but go a little overboard with those who don't. Neither Bellamy nor Neill deserve being booed and, to be honest, I don't think West Ham would be either if our places were changed. True on Tevez, but still - it's nice to see. I doubt we'd do the same.

And his Dad is a Hammers legend. Thing is, they always eem to show respect to the people who actually deserve it, but go a little overboard with those who don't. Neither Bellamy nor Neill deserve being booed and, to be honest, I don't think West Ham would be either if our places were changed. True on Tevez, but still - it's nice to see. I doubt we'd do the same.

Yes, our fans will be more busy cheering on our manager and players, whilst they will be busy jeering and booing theirs.

If only Leftfooter. I'll warrant the loudest chant from the Rovers fans in the first 10 mins of the game will be "One greedy @#/?" directed at Lucas Neill". But, we live in hope....

Right, off to the game. First of the season, really looking forward to it despite my record at West Ham being games 5, won 0, drawn 0, lost 5. Like I said, we live in hope...

3-1 Rovers

Anyhow, if we don't sign a right winger by mid day... pretty unlikely.... I think we could line up like this (If Dunn is injured):

--------------Cruz--------Roberts

------------------Villaneuava

-----Pedersen-----Grella---Emerton

Warnock----Nelsen----Samba----Simpson

-------------------Robinson

That's how I'd like to see it today - with possibly Oojer instead of Simpson . A nice attacking formation . From what little we saw against Grimsby Carlos could do well behind the forward 2 :)

2 - 0 to Rovers .

i was on the official club website and i read about the sms breaking news thing, does anyone know how much it costs?

The costs and various payment means are all detailed on the mobile section of the offish site.

I will do it for half the price :P

West Ham starting XI: Green, Behrami, Davenport, Upson, Neill ©, Faubert, Parker, Noble, Etherington, Ashton, Cole

Parker and Noble is an absolutely horrendous central midfield pairing, they clearly don't work well together at all. The Man City game was just one of many examples of said fact. They struggled immensely against Palacios and Cattermole vs. Wigan, and were more or less invisible against City. I hope Grella starts this one, I'd also like to see Villanueva get some playing time.

Still, I bet we'll lose 2-1.

West Ham United: Green, Behrami, Davenport, Upson, Neill ©, Faubert, Noble, Parker, Etherington, Ashton, Cole

Subs: Lastuvka, McCartney, Mullins, Boa Morte, Reid, Bellamy, Sears

Blackburn Rovers: Robinson, Ooijer, Warnock, Samba, Nelson ©, Emerton, Reid, Grella, Pedersen, Santa Cruz, Roberts

Subs: Brown, Treacey, Andrews, Mokoena, Villanueva, Simpson, Derbyshire

So Emerton and Grella in, Mokoena and Dunn drop out, with Reid moving to central midfield. I like the look of the bench. Look forward to seeing Andrews, and also cant wait to see King Carlos in action.

From Hammers website:

West Ham United: Green, Behrami, Davenport, Upson, Neill ©, Faubert, Noble, Parker, Etherington, Ashton, Cole

Subs: Lastuvka, McCartney, Mullins, Boa Morte, Reid, Bellamy, Sears

Blackburn Rovers: Robinson, Ooijer, Warnock, Samba, Nelson ©, Emerton, Reid, Grella, Pedersen, Santa Cruz, Roberts

Intersting to see Grella given a start but will be good to see him. Nice balanced side in my view, would be very surprised not see Villanueva at some point

EDIT: Beaten too it, oh well

So its looking like a 4-4-2

Robinson

Ooijer Samba Nelsen Warnock

Emerton Reid Grella Pedersen

Santa Cruz Roberts

Will be interesting to see how Grella gets on, i assume Grella will be told to stay back and allow Reidy to make those forward runs into the box. Can't argue about the forward line, Roberts has been superb recently with his workrate.

Interesting that there is no Benni again... :rock:

Archived