BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Manchester United (october 4, Ewood Park, 17:30)

ManicRover

Issue here, Abbey. Miss Roversmum is a ballerina and they don't just turn up for an hour or two a day. They train/practice for several hours. Maybe the lads need to get down to Ballet School to toughen them up - they'd certainly see a bit of passion and Mr Roberts would learn how to turn! I'm sure Miss Roversmum would be willing to give them a few lessons!

Although I am a Robinson fan, I think Jason Brown is every bit as good and I feel a lot safer with him between the sticks. He may be shorter but he makes up for it in brawn and strength.

Ince is learning. He will be smarting underneath and I'm sure a few things were said in the dressing room after the match.

The lads will need to be up for it for the Bolton match and I'm sure they will be. Go Rovers!

apologies mum,no offense meant,I was only trying to compare how we have lost the "fighting atitude"...i dont doubt for one minute how hard she trains. :brfc::tu:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not worried. We won't play teams of that quality every week.

They're European Champions, they have players worth more than our club. It's no surprise they created chances with ease at times.

The gulf between the top four is getting wider IMO. Look at Villa, widely regarded as being the team closest to breaking the top four monopoly. They got taken apart by Chelsea much in the same way that we did against MU.

Too many posters on here are in cloud cuckoo land.

so,£35 quid against the top4 is fair ? we may as well make it free if the players think we cant win and dont put 90 mins effort in because we cant beat them.So just because they are champs of europe means we cant get stuck in? its not cuckoo land its realism.

You think that no-one outside the top four will give UTD a better game than rovers did, at home Aggy?

That game on Saturday will be possibly the easiest away game they get all season. That IS the truth mate.

Have you seen my other posts regarding the way we played or need to play?

^_^

Amen to that.

Chelsea totally dominated Aston Villa. We were much more in the game against Utd and although we didn't play well, it took a controversial goal to break the deadlock.

Martin O'Neill has been around for a lot longer than Paul Ince, maybe he should be sacked now?

we were in it for 15 minutes ,is that good enough.

why do you always compare other things to back you up? we drew last year with utd and got mauled this year ,so what last year is last year and villa is villa ,nowt to do with us.

Amen to that.

Chelsea totally dominated Aston Villa. We were much more in the game against Utd and although we didn't play well, it took a controversial goal to break the deadlock.

Martin O'Neill has been around for a lot longer than Paul Ince, maybe he should be sacked now?

what about wenger ? them hull lads had no right going to arsenal had they?

I can't be bothered going through and pointing out tripe like "Tugay/Warnock/Emerton never got over the half way line", so I'll just keep it short.

- I thought Andrews was a sensible choice. Tugay was giving it away every time he got it and he was absolutely knackered. It wasn't a good game to bring Villanueva on. The ball wasn't rolling, he thrives on fast passing and dribbling, he would have been kicking a ball of glue. I think it was a damage limitation thing.

- Brown deserves credit.

- Derbyshire is too weak to play behind the striker.

- Whenever someone got past the defenders, nobody was supporting. The opposite of the Arsenal game, we didn't want to surge forward and let them catch us on the break. We just need to get the balance right.

- We matched them up until their goal. Our heads dropped a little after, but we kept going. After the second it was damage limitation and there was no way back.

I agree with people saying it is United. Champions League winners. With the best player in the world. I also though Berbatov was great for them.

I'm not too downhearted. It's early days, and losing 2-0 to the best team in the world isn't something to be embarassed about. They were incredible.

Yep, that's exactly how i see it too.

^_^

we were in it for 15 minutes ,is that good enough.

Abbs, I can't recall anyone saying it was good enough but is it the end of our season? It's just one result, much the same as the few disasters we saw at home last season.

we drew last year with utd and got mauled this year ,so what last year is last year and villa is villa ,nowt to do with us.

We got stuffed at home a few times last season, will those games be the same this season?

Villa is putting things into perspective, it can happen to better teams than us.

aggy them remarks were aimed at bucky who always compares things .I know we got stuffed last season but there was always effort put in.As for the reamark we were good until we scored ,it has been said a few times by different people and 15 out of 90 isnt good enough.

aggy them remarks were aimed at bucky who always compares things .I know we got stuffed last season but there was always effort put in.As for the reamark we were good until we scored ,it has been said a few times by different people and 15 out of 90 isnt good enough.

They scored in the 31st minute so by that reckoning it's 31 minutes of decent play...

There WAS effort put in it just wasn't effective against a very fluent and I hate to say it brilliant United side. We lost because we weren't good enough.

They scored in the 31st minute so by that reckoning it's 31 minutes of decent play...

There WAS effort put in it just wasn't effective against a very fluent and I hate to say it brilliant United side. We lost because we weren't good enough.

your blue goggled and deluded fella.If you think 1/2 hour of decency is good enough then your easily pleased.There was no effort or strong tackiling apart from an odd one by warnock and one by samba.we didnt get amongst them all night.So what if utd are a good side it doesnt excuse the fact that

a.the team were in awe of them like rabbits in a headlight

or b. ince was.

sorry ivan but judging by the people who left early and the commentsaround me i think there are more people who saw how pants it was as opposed to your views.

Not aimed at you ivan,but could someone tell me which part of the ground had boo's coming from it during the game because i sure as hell never heard any.

your blue goggled and deluded fella.If you think 1/2 hour of decency is good enough then your easily pleased.There was no effort or strong tackiling apart from an odd one by warnock and one by samba.we didnt get amongst them all night.So what if utd are a good side it doesnt excuse the fact that

a.the team were in awe of them like rabbits in a headlight

or b. ince was.

sorry ivan but judging by the people who left early and the commentsaround me i think there are more people who saw how pants it was as opposed to your views.

Not aimed at you ivan,but could someone tell me which part of the ground had boo's coming from it during the game because i sure as hell never heard any.

Behind me in the right corner of the Blackburn End as you look at the pitch. As soon as Andrews came on you could hear them. Have you read anything I've actually written??? I wasn't happy with the performance either but you fail to see that don't you?

Why must I be deaf? I couldnt hear ince barking out instructions all game does that make me deaf too?oops he didnt.Alls Im saying as is I never heard ANY from were you said it was from FACT...does that make me deaf.?

Yes

I am in N01 at the back and I heard a few boo's some from around our side of the stand aswell, most were reserved for Pedersen especially at the beginning of the game as usual. I know he's been sh*te for ages now but whilst he's in the blue and white everyone should be getting behind the lads and not adding to the negativity.

Am I reading this wrong or are supporters actually agreeing with the manager that we can't beat or even compete with teams such as United?

I buy my season ticket every year with this fixture in mind, I look forward to it like no other. I want to see passion, commitment and fire. I want to see the big boys get roughed up I want to see them under pressure, forced into mistakes and I want to see us impose our game on them.

What I saw Saturday, apart from the opening 15 mins or so did not even come close but the most disappointing thing for me bar none was the resigned attitude of Paul Ince after the game.

I go to Rovers glorifying in our 'us against the world' mentality. I love the fact that we've won the league and the Carling Cup. I love the fact that we're a small town club that's done it on the big stage. I love it that so called big clubs hate us and envy us in the same measure, yet post match all I hear is that we can't compete, sorry guys that's the way it is.

It's defeatist, it's short sighted and (if you look at our previous successes against the so called big 4) it's plain wrong.

Football fans of any club need to be allowed to dream, comments of the like heard after the game on Saturday only serve to kill that dream, and if the dream is dead then so is the game.

Archived