BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Evening With Matt Jansen

Brownie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an excert from an email sent by the agent who drove Matt home on Tuesday night ;

Yeh Matt was really glad he did it, and it did give him another reminder of perhaps what he thought he had lost forever, the waving through the windows was probably as much to do with the peroni as anything else!

Remembered a few more things:

Matty was asked which centre forward he would have liked to play alongside. Immediately he said Shearer.

He was asked who was the best player he'd ever played with. Again, immediately he said Tugay "he's just amazing. Still smokes just as much though"!

On Mark Hughes, He said he was a terrible trainer as a player. He couldn't trap a ball or do anything at all during training, he was really, really bad, - but come Saturday afternoon he was brilliant, a different player. He changed completely when he became manager. He said no-one would dare speak out of line when he was around. No doubt who was in charge then.

Finally he was asked never to play for Burnley. He gave his promise about that. "I could never do that", he said. :D

He also said that Rio Ferdinand was the best defender he had come up against.

Thoroughly enjoyable evening for me. Matt is a great bloke and looks so healthy and in trim; not an ounce of fat. Lets's hope he can get fit soon and progress to get match fit.

I told him that if Tugay can still do it knocking on forty, then so can Matt Jansen at only just turned 31.

Thanks to Den for the company and introducing me to cn174 (Clare) and pointing out Revidge Blue. Special thanks to Tris and Kiwiwannabee for going out of their way to run me home.

Ta, folks. Very much appreciated.

Would be good to see Shearer at one of them events Brownie or even Sutton??

Would it really cost a lot? I thought they would do it out of goodness of their hearts :D

and if carlsburg did hordens

Shearer does owe us after we gave him the opportunity to win his only medal in his long and distinguished career.

what exactly does he owe us?

we paid

he won

he ######

Shearer does owe us after we gave him the opportunity to win his only medal in his long and distinguished career.

He doesn't owe us a thing. He might have left under a cloud as far as Rovers fans were concerned but we got his best years by far. Look at the stats - goals to games etc.

Archived