BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Evening With Matt Jansen

Brownie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brownie, can you publish the Q & A's after??

I'll be too busy making sure the sound system etc is working plus my short hand is crap.

If anybody else wants to (there's plenty of you coming), it would be a great idea for those who live too far away.

Great idea, thanks Brownie, if someone tapes it? Or does a video and upload it t'youtube, that would be excellent.

Or just post the q&a on here would be great.

Really appreciate it :D

Four more:-

If he could go back and replay any game from his career, which would it be?

Who was his toughest opponent?

What sort of money was he on at Rovers ^_^ and what are his thoughts about the pay of current Premier League players?

What was the story around him not being selected for the World Cup squad - how did he find out, and why does he think he didn't go?

One of my favourite Rovers players - would like to have been at this but sadly I won't be able to make it.

Some questions though:

- Who was the best manager you worked with at Rovers? And the worst?

- At what point did you realise that you weren't going to be the same player again following your accident?

- What specifically was it that stopped you coming back as strong as you were? Was it a mental thing, something physical, or a combination of the two?

- Do you have any regrets?

- Have you ever considered writing a book about your career?

- What are your plans for future? Coaching? Media? Something entirely different?

Keep the questions coming please, cant see Matt being anywhere near as chatty as Speedo.

Superstar though, that he is.

Particularly if it turns into either a lovefest or focused almost entirely on his post-accident demise.

I would like to hear the the following from him:

What was the club like when he joined? Why did we go down? Was Kidd as crap as we all think? Is it true that Sutton was swinging the lead? How was team spirit? Why did we spinlessly surrender to a relegated Forest?

What difference did Souness make early on? Specifically, how much does he credit Souness (if at all) for turning him from a headless chicken show pony in our first year post-relegation into the goal machine of our promotion?

What went wrong with the Souness reign?

Hopefully can make it:)

My favourite Matt goal is impossible, theres his thunderbolt v Norwich, his derby goals and the winner at PNE. But I also loved his mazy run and finish to complete a win v Birmingham on Boxing Day (or just after). He said that was his favourite goal for us at one point on Soccer AM.

I still get shivers when I remember his lap of honour when he came back for Bolton, I could have broke down!

Suggestion for another one, having just read Waggy's Tales: Dave Wagstaffe and Gordon Taylor

Gordon Taylor would be fantastic but probably a bit out of the pub league.

Ok everyone.

Got the tickets now, first come first served, all of you that have prepaid should receive theirs by the weekend.

As for the rest of you, I'll not put it on facebook untill tomorrow to give you all first shout on the tickets.

Payment can either be made in the pub (The Hordens), by post (cqs payable to David Brown) or the easiest way is by paypal. Make payments to david.brownie@ukonline.co.uk.

Tickets are £5 each, with a capacity of 200, payment on the night will only be allowable if the event has not sold out prior to the event which is on the 18th Nov 2008.

Thanks Everyone

Brownie

Ok everyone.

Got the tickets now, first come first served, all of you that have prepaid should receive theirs by the weekend.

As for the rest of you, I'll not put it on facebook untill tomorrow to give you all first shout on the tickets.

Payment can either be made in the pub (The Hordens), by post (cqs payable to David Brown) or the easiest way is by paypal. Make payments to david.brownie@ukonline.co.uk.

Tickets are £5 each, with a capacity of 200, payment on the night will only be allowable if the event has not sold out prior to the event which is on the 18th Nov 2008.

Thanks Everyone

Brownie

Hi Brownie, just sent you £10.00 via paypal for two tickets.

Archived