BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Train 'vandalised By Blackburn Rovers Fans'

ABBEY

A number of us on here, me included, have been far less than angels in the past when it comes to following the lads. The culture is all part of growing up for some people and others don’t get involved and just go and watch the football, nothing wrong with either for me, although I don’t want to get into that debate really.

Going back to Saturday, we had a good day in Chorley, a number of people from Blackburn drank in the town with a significant number looking for trouble from what I saw.

But my main point is the train journey to Preston after the game. We spent the entire journey surrounded by 16-20yr olds singing “We hate pakis” and I’m not talking about 1 or 2 but a significant number. We had my son and nephew aged 7 and 9 in tow and it was disgusting to hear, did we tell them to shut up? No we didn’t, listening to the singing was bad enough in front of the kids but kicking off in a packed carriage would have served no purpose.

I really don’t have much more to say to be honest, I have no answers, maybe it’s a Blackburn thing, but its certainly something that’s becoming more frequent at home for sure. The multi faith room was a prime example, 40+ people singing the same song outside the multi faith room earlier in the season.

Not sure I want to expose my child to such cr@p in future, although I’m not daft enough to think he doesn’t hear such things in the school playground.

I’m a little bit disillusioned to be honest, first away game for a while and the kids really enjoyed the day.

Oh well……….

But my main point is the train journey to Preston after the game. We spent the entire journey surrounded by 16-20yr olds singing “We hate pakis” and I’m not talking about 1 or 2 but a significant number. We had my son and nephew aged 7 and 9 in tow and it was disgusting to hear, did we tell them to shut up? No we didn’t, listening to the singing was bad enough in front of the kids but kicking off in a packed carriage would have served no purpose.

I really don’t have much more to say to be honest, I have no answers, maybe it’s a Blackburn thing, but its certainly something that’s becoming more frequent at home for sure. The multi faith room was a prime example, 40+ people singing the same song outside the multi faith room earlier in the season.

that is very sad indeed Gav. just shows a complete lack of education & decent upbringing.

Guest Kamy100

Such a shame to hear that this type of chanting/behavior is creeping back into the game. I went to United last season and on the way back a load of lads got onto the train at Bolton and were using racist chants, felt really uncomfortable and got off at Bromley Cross.

I work in Manchester and it does seem like alot of Bburn folk (more than city folk), seem to have some serious insecurities and / or nothing better to do than to chant such racist pathetic rubbish... Small mind mentality unfortunatley...

Dont mean to offend anyone on this board but compare the 'outcry' of the multifaith thread to this 'reply' perhaps sepaks volumes of what we really are passionate about....

What's happened to Wez these days? He hasn't posted for ages.

I met him once on an away trip a few seasons ago, a top fella by my book.

You mean people who wear certain designer labels are not violent? Who would have thought it? I wonder if the people suggesting so show the same level of prejudice toward Muslims who wear the Hijab? If so, it would seem that they have far more in common with those racist scumbags on the train than they would like to admit...

The comments on Universities are downright ignorant, too.

Talking of racist, i seen on the news today that India are on their way to the moon and the bloke who was reporting said to the kids " who would like to be a Indian astronaut?" Surely he *should of said "who would like to be a astronaut?"

*Should have.

While we're correcting people. :lol:

It seems we have a large group of kids right now that are in the hooligan phase, surely this has been some part to do with the recent hooligan films such as football factory and green street.

I know a large group got on my train to bolton at 11am. They all got off at bromley cross...

And the excuse for hooliganism in the 70s?

Sameish. National service had gone years before, school and civil discipline were on the slide, they were the kids of Teddy boys and later hippies and like everything else then it caught on cos it was fresh and new and not just something reconstituted from the dregs of history.

And the excuse for hooliganism in the 70s?

Sameish. National service had gone years before, school and civil discipline were on the slide, they were the kids of Teddy boys and later hippies and like everything else then it caught on cos it was fresh and new and not just something reconstituted from the dregs of history.

New was true,

1971 - Skinheads. My ole man said it was the best haircut I'd ever had, he thought I'd finally got some sense :lol:

Archived