BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Johann Vogel

You sad f*cks. I despair at your appalling sycophancy. The club is on a slippery slope towards oblivion. The future is bleak for Blackburn Rovers. Can any of you not see that? Some of you need to take a look at yourselves.

No need to demand for my removal: I'm leaving the board. It's a dull messageboard frequented by sycophants so I'm walking off into the sunset. The moderators can ban me if they wish, but they'll be too late because I'm leaving on my own accord. I suppose it's rather like the landlord of a sh!t pub barring me when I've already decided that I won't drink there ever again! :lol::lol:

Enjoy discussing the mediocre shambles that is Blackburn Rovers.

Toodle-pip. B):)

cuckoo !

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What? :blink:

He got MoM...

Methinks Frisky Jim & Vogel are one and the same?

One look back through this thread sees the difference in opinion footy fans have knows no bounds.

What's worrying/amusing, is there's often 'no middle ground' - i.e. Grella was castigated as being awful and a pudding after just 45 mins, probably a large element of said detractors weren't even at the game. Andrews was roundly panned by folk that hadn't even seen him play.

And we slate the media, when we're often too quick to criticise or - equally worse - lavish praise on a player? Villanueva looked a world-beater against Grimsby and then the proverbial panel-beater against Bolton stiffs. Vogel had a tidy few games under Hughes, but still was dropped if my memory serves me correctly? After all, he won't be first player frozen out here and certainly not the last. It's only one player in the scheme of things and he was hardly one for the long term I'd suggest. Hughes was still actively looking to bring in another midfielder (Koumas?) so he couldn't have been convinced Vogel was the saviour of Blackburn Rovers as some folk seem to think he was (on here).

When you're trying to build a team, you can't have grumpy surly beggers mooching around the place like Gally, Sergio, Pedersen, Vogel et al. Then again, Messiah Hughes let Benedict have a season of doing it? Least Ince has tried to address the problem - it's only the same in any job with any decent manager/leader.

Messiah Hughes

You are just being as childish as the so called negative 'anti Ince' fans. Part of the reason so many folk on here moan about Ince is that expectation levels were risen so high by our previous manager. 3 top ten finishes and some good cup runs - you have to accept that this is what fans are basing their opinions on.

A lot of people look back fondly with pride - having the shrewd judgement and being lucky enough to bring top quality signings in with minimal finanical outlay.

When you're trying to build a team, you can't have grumpy surly beggers mooching around the place like Gally, Sergio, Pedersen, Vogelet al. Then again, Messiah Hughes let Benedict have a season of doing it? Least Ince has tried to address the problem - it's only the same in any job with any decent manager/leader.

How do you know it's a problem with Vogel? I know it's reasonable, but until Ince says otherwise he could just be overlooking him.

How do you know it's a problem with Vogel? I know it's reasonable, but until Ince says otherwise he could just be overlooking him.

He is.

I must say I'm a bit more relaxed about Vogel going after seeing Grella for the first time yesterday.

Well said G :o

What do you reckon is in your man Big Sam's mind today? Do you think he will be burning Pompey's phone down like he was before Hughes was out the door, or will he be 'keeping his powder dry' in case he's parachuted into Rovers if all goes wrong with PI?

He should have been sent off for that, I'm sure he'd already been booked. Lucky boy.

Yep, if the referee had done his job, Grella would have been probably the only player ever to be awarded the "Peter Jackson man of the match award" as he was trudging off the pitch having been sent off!.

That apart he had an excellent game, and on that display looked as though he could be a real find. Needs to cut out the reckless challenges though.

As for Vogel, he may have been a good player once but I never rated the version who landed at Rovers in the slightest. Poor signing by Hughes imo.

Yep, if the referee had done his job, Grella would have been probably the only player ever to be awarded the "Peter Jackson man of the match award" as he was trudging off the pitch having been sent off!.

That apart he had an excellent game, and on that display looked as though he could be a real find. Needs to cut out the reckless challenges though.

As for Vogel, he may have been a good player once but I never rated the version who landed at Rovers in the slightest. Poor signing by Hughes imo.

Lazy signing, and another example of Hughes not being ar**d towards the end of his reign

C'mon think back. It's only 9 months ago. It was obvious to all that Vogel was at best a last gasp stop-gap freebie whose signing was brought about by the sale of Sav and the reluctance of somebody somewhere to fund moves for Huddleston and / or Koumas.

Lazy signing, and another example of Hughes not being ar**d towards the end of his reign

:lol: Sure.

He was a free transfer and had played at two of Europe's most illustrious clubs in AC Milan and PSV. He had spent some time out of the game so some rustiness could be expected but in his last couple of games was showing a few encouraging signs of the player who just four years previously was part of one of the best central midfield pairings in Europe.

But then Andrews and Fowler were completely inspired and imaginitive signings weren't they?!

Give Ince a chance I agree, the jury is still out and we dont know one way or another yet. But stop trying to rewrite history and make it sound like it was a good thing that Hughes left us.

I still think he would have been class if given the chances to play his natural game.

C'mon think back. It's only 9 months ago. It was obvious to all that Vogel was at best a last gasp stop-gap freebie whose signing was brought about by the sale of Sav and the reluctance of somebody somewhere to fund moves for Huddleston and / or Koumas.

You yourself Drog noted his aloofness, after his Newcastle disappointment.

Maybe Bentley had picked up on Hughes's 'here today, gone tomorrow' attitude and part of the reason he decided to jump ship was that he knew the Captain was about to abandon ship too? (the other reason being of course that he is a glory hunting platinum/ironed haired little t-sser)

Consider the Vogel acquisition, combined with Rigters and the last day capitulation at St Andrews.

Still think Hughes had his heart in it towards the end?

He was a free transfer and had played at two of Europe's most illustrious clubs in AC Milan and PSV. He had spent some time out of the game so some rustiness could be expected but in his last couple of games was showing a few encouraging signs of the player who just four years previously was part of one of the best central midfield pairings in Europe.

But then Andrews and Fowler were completely inspired and imaginitive signings weren't they?!

Give Ince a chance I agree, the jury is still out and we dont know one way or another yet. But stop trying to rewrite history and make it sound like it was a good thing that Hughes left us.

Sure.

Just like Dino Baggio could include Juventus and Inter on his CV when Souness signed him on loan.

Answer one question; was Vogel a success or a failure at Rovers?

Fowler played for Liverpool one of the biggest clubs in the world and was barring a few injuries would still be playing for them, see how you can twist things around (like you did for Vogel). Vogel was available for SIX months, yet NO ONE took a chance on a player with an illustrious history (with also a history of disrupting squads). Vogel was lightweight and defo a stop gap, thats no rewriting history merely stating a fact, problem is Hughes gave this stop gap a 2 and a half year deal!

Sucess or failure? Neither really since he wasn't around all that long. If he'd been there a year then maybe he'd have been judged a success. If he's on his way out after 6 months then it can't be a success but he played reasonably well in the games I saw so he wasn't a complete failure (like Dino Baggio was for example).

Archived