BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should It Be Ram?

Iceman

Problem is that from the 'outside looking in' it seems we have an awesome strikeforce. Even Sam was saying outside the top 4, there are not many teams who have better 4 strikers than us (in their squad).

Benni - can be so frustrating to watch and also very inconsistent. Link up play can be excellent but also loses possession a fair bit, plus caught offside frequently.

Derbs - supersub but can he actually score goals/play well when starting matches?

Roque - great last season, but been poor this season - it appears his mind is elsewhere anyway and could be leaving us in January.

Big Jase - today's miss says it all, even though I think his power & work rate qualities will be needed in our relegation battle.

I think there is a lot of talent there, but I also think our strike force is not as good as some people make out.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Couldn't disagree more, as one of the fans at Wigan I feel the lack of effort was shocking and an insult.

He should have to earn the shirt like anyone else. We know on his day he's brilliant but we can't idly wait for that day to happen again.

Yep - I've only seen them against Stoke and Citeh where they've been on fire but it looks like one of the best striking partnerships I've seen in a while at Rovers. Santa is a better all-rounder but for whatever reason he seems better as a lone striker than in a partnership with any of our other strikers.

Roque doesn`t need a recall..he`s gone.

Oh great and be stuck we Roberts!

Did you see Roberts today? Can you name a game this season in which Roque has played as well as J-Rob did today?

I was all over Roberts after his Sunderland miss, but credit where its due - he was phenomenal today.

We're not saying that Roberts wasn't phenomenal. It was probably one of his best games for a long long time but before today he was slated non-stop and people wanted him out. Now they'd rather him and Benni play instead of a world class player like Roque Santa Cruz, who has scored more goals in one season for Rovers than Roberts in his entire Rovers career.

For me there is no doubt about it. Roque is first choice and Benni and Roberts have to battle to partner him.

play Santa,Benni and Roberts... Cruz down the Right, Benni through the middle just behind Roberts. Bert at Right back, with Dunn and Grella in midfield when fit, and Gamst down the left.

Like this

----------------Robinson---------------

Emerton---------Samba-------Nelsen------Warnock

---------------------------Grella-----------------

Cruz--------------Dunn------------Pedersen

--------------------Benni---------------

---------------------------Roberts------------

that looks good :-)

Santa as a right Winger??? :blink:

Based on what? One game against Evra? What Sam needs to do is get RSC and Benni working together.

Roberts yes had a great game yesterday, but my opinion has not waned. He has all the physical attributes you could wish for, he just can't play. Roberts assist was never meant for Benni it was meant for him it paid off because Benni anticipated it. His header was top drawer as was his work ethic and strength, but why couldn't he have done that at Bolton?

Form is temporay, Class is permanent

Roberts was fantastic at holding the ball yesterday, if Roque was to go we could do with someone who has a bit of both Benni's and Robert's characteristics... Benni's finishing but Roberts pure strength and agility :)

Wonder if that Caicedo is worth a shout... see the size of him yesterday!? Think he moonlights as a body builder :D

Roberts and McCarthy have sold themselves as the starting pairing. You cannot break them up at the moment as they are on fire. I can't believe roberts scored with his head! He is on a run....

Cruz will have to wait his turn. I am not sure he will definately go. He did not sound utterly convinced that he wants to leave right now (although I will be amazed if he is here at the start of next season), his main admirer in Hughes is very close to the sack no matter what they are saying in Dubai, and the financial situation across the league and Cruz's own poor form are conspiring to turn away other suitors.

It is a funny situation. I thnik he could end up staying but not actually playing that much unless we find a winger who can supply him from out wide. The Roberts-McCarthy partnership seem much better at creating from through the middle which is what we are doing at present.

Anyway clearly Sam needs to convince him to get his head down and up his work rate (it is in his interest whether he wants to go or stay) otherwise he is useless to us. Allardyce managed a miracle with McCarthy (he is postively athletic comapred ot any time under Hughes or Ince) so there is little reason to doubt it is possible with the Paraguyan.

Archived