BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what a game. First half i thought we had an absolute shocker, but in the second we OWNED it.

Warnock - 6

I though Warnock had a bit of a shocker today. Wasnt impressed. Gave the ball away too many times, balls to nowhere. Good shot to hit the post but all in all a pretty terrible performance from him, especially in th first half

9 for me. And if you doubt that then ask Danny Murphy and Mark Schwarzer. Warnock was our MoM.

btw I have Samba down as most to blame for their goal.

For me the catalyst was changing the formation to 4-4-2, which we should have played against Everton and started with against Fulham. We desperatly needs win and the 4-5-1 is designed to draw. With the 4-4-2, the Fulham defence had to pick up 2 strikers and that also gave Robert more freedom.

Nothing wrong with 4-5-1 when away. But only with RSC up top. (and / or Dunny instead of Andrews in midfield.)

This football lark is most definately not good for your health however, and despite claims by persons such as jim mkii and waggy, Sam has Rovers playing some good football. I just cant work out why the team cannot play it for the whole 90 minutes, or indeed as in this game, the first 10 minutes !

First rules with SA is probably a consequence of him being a ch all his career. Make the team a. difficult to score against and b. to beat.

Any style issue is simply a consequence of that very necessary basic.

Suddenly the world seems a better place but we're still on a knife-edge and defeat at Stoke and we're back in the mire.

What a wonderfully cheery little soul you are Jim; just what we need at this particular moment. :wacko:

Great result. Lovely to look at the table for a change. Glad that Diouf is fitting in after all that we /I have said about him. It is hard to dislike someone who works so hard and so enthusiastically. Even more delighted that Roberts got the winning goal. Some of the criticism he gets is unfortuneate but not only did he get himself into position ( which he does exceptionally well on a regular basis) but came up with a first class finish.

I think the probability of us staying up has risen dramatically. Hope we can get something from the games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea

I will be happy if we get 2 points from those three games. We need to make sure we get a few 3 pointers from the remaining games we have in our own league.

9 for me. And if you doubt that then ask Danny Murphy and Mark Schwarzer. Warnock was our MoM.

btw I have Samba down as most to blame for their goal.

So do I. Samba made a bit of a move towards Dempsey, checked and then stopped altogether. I thought he'd pulled a muscle but it doesn't seem he had. Bit harsh to blame Nelsen.

Went to the Fulham game - I was staggered by the following.

Moreover, I was gobsmacked at the support the fans gave - one nil down after a minute and we were shell shocked, but the songs started and never stopped.

One of the best away games in my 33 years watching Rovers.

The spirit in the team was incedible too - the second half was incredible.

Special mentions?

Warnock - awesome second half

Givet - quiet confidence

Robinson - world class save at the death

Diouf - I dont have to like him for him to be a great player for Rovers - gave 100%

The players reaction at the end of the game to celebrate with the fans showed what it meant.

So do I. Samba made a bit of a move towards Dempsey, checked and then stopped altogether. I thought he'd pulled a muscle but it doesn't seem he had. Bit harsh to blame Nelsen.

:rover: he seems to run like he's kacked his pants :blink::brfcsmilie:

Samba's fault for me too, Nelson was made to look somewhat responsible by trying to cover for Samba totally losing Dempsey. I do believe the word is out on being able to turn our Chris, pull him out and then try to get the ball behind him he is slow to turn and get back.

Samba's fault for me too, Nelson was made to look somewhat responsible by trying to cover for Samba totally losing Dempsey. I do believe the word is out on being able to turn our Chris, pull him out and then try to get the ball behind him he is slow to turn and get back.

Samba headed the ball out in the first place, and was therefore unable to reposition himself in time for the second header, which Nelsen should have spotted and dealt with.

Nelsen's fault - as usual!

Disagree. Break it down into %ages and Nelsen imo is only 30% responsible with Samba 40% and Robinson 30% too for being drawn into no mans land and beaten by a powerless scuff. Big Chris inexplicably was like a rabbit trapped in headlights.

Archived