BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Villa Preview 7th Feb K.o 3pm

Urgh, I hope Roque comes on soon.

Don't care who for, both Roberts and McCarthy have been useless today. They just left the ball to each other in the box then, could have been a half decent opportunity if one of them had gone for it.

Some refs might have given that as a penalty...but as Samba did exactly the same thing to Young (maybe Agbonlahor) on the edge of our area without being penalised then we can't really argue with the decision.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Please don't use that word again)ed by the ref (Please don't use that word again) off o'neill you bald ugly (Please don't use that word again)ing jam jar bottomed glassesed blind #### boring (Please don't use that word again) brummies talk like ######, what a stupid (Please don't use that word again)ing accent

Skysports mention that Rovers fans are angry at the ref.

Doesn't seem to sound that way from the crowd, could be wrong though. I'm not sure why they would be, we've had a couple of half-hearted penalty appeals but nothing even close to stonewall. Given how often our players have been slipping over without being touched then it's no wonder the referee is reluctant to give us anything.

This is the worst I've seen Warnock play for a long, long time. Villa are a very good team and we had too many players having poor games today, I can't think of anyone that played well. I think we'll see quite a few changes in the next game, probably with Givet, Villanueva, Diouf and Roque all starting.

Doesn't seem to sound that way from the crowd, could be wrong though. I'm not sure why they would be, we've had a couple of half-hearted penalty appeals but nothing even close to stonewall. Given how often our players have been slipping over without being touched then it's no wonder the referee is reluctant to give us anything.

This is the worst I've seen Warnock play for a long, long time. Villa are a very good team and we had too many players having poor games today, I can't think of anyone that played well. I think we'll see quite a few changes in the next game, probably with Givet, Villanueva, Diouf and Roque all starting.

They were singing you're not fit to referee and one nil to the referee, turn you're speakers up, LEChuck ;)

Sam has got his tactics and his team selection wrong today IMO.

I agre IMO. Hope we are not slipping into the "Arry" syndrome. Euphoria followed by mediocrity. However we were done by this lot 4-0 last time around and with a more sympathetic ref we might have got a penalty.

first of all vila are a very good side and I think that there will end up second. however our midfield was far too slow and the 4 million pound players that PI signed well, he was truelt awefull. far too slow, he was just bypassed time and time again. you can see this when they score the first goal.

Ifw e are too move forward then the midfield needs work and fast

Doesn't seem to sound that way from the crowd, could be wrong though. I'm not sure why they would be, we've had a couple

This is the worst I've seen Warnock play for a long, long time.

Have to agree. Warnock was WOEFUL today.

Bad passing, and poor defending by the team on a whole. Still can't believe Andrews gets a starting place. I'm not trying to make him a scapegoat by any means, as I just said the team today was poor, but the middle has no penetration. It was strange to see Dunn put out wide when we had the chance to slot him in with Grella.

I agre IMO. Hope we are not slipping into the "Arry" syndrome. Euphoria followed by mediocrity. However we were done by this lot 4-0 last time around and with a more sympathetic ref we might have got a penalty.

Fairly sure it was 3-2 to them last time, with us unlucky not to get anything from the game.

appaling. This is the worst i've seen Rovers play in a long long time.

Passing either to noone, or straight back to villa.

As far as i've seen, the complexion of the game goes,

We give it to villa

Villa Attack

We scramble the ball back

We hit it straight back to Villa

Villa attack.

Ridiculous.

Grella's passing has been awful

Diouf has only helped prove he cant cross for ######

Ooijer is a joke at right back

as is Pedersen on the right (WHY! WHY PUT PEDERSEN, A LEFT SIDED PLAYER WHO CAN BARELY PLAY WHERE HE IS SUPPOSED TO ON THE RIGHT?!)

Robinson is a terrible goalkeeper who fails with 99% of set pieces he has to deal with.

Andrews looked like the league 1 player he is

Benni and Roberts never looked like scoring, although in fairness Villa's defence was immence today.

On the back of that performance, there is nothing else but relegation, we cant stay up if we play like that, its impossible.

Team selection i though was boardering on ridiculous. Pedersen on the right and dunny on the left. No. Dunny is an amazing player in the centre on midfield, but on the wing he;s at best average. After his performance against Sunderland, Villanueva should have been alowed a go on the wing. Villa arnt a particularly physical team, and i think he could have stood up well.

I'm enraged. That was Paul Ince style football.

Archived