BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Villa Preview 7th Feb K.o 3pm

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Andrews is a passenger, but booing your own players isn't acceptable.

We have got the squad to get out of this mess, but Sam's selection today was dubious. Sure, Villa are a potential top four side and are on a great run, but that doesn't mean we can't rue the defeat.

Hopefully this will be an eye-opener for Sam, now the honeymoon period is officially over.

Well said, I never think booing your players is acceptable. Andrews isn't the most talented, but he always tries his heart out.

That being said he shouldn't have started in the first place. Dunn shouldn't have been taken off if he was fit enough.

If we don't line up next week with MGP Grella Dunn Diouf I will be disappointed. And I think it's time Roque got back into the starting lineup.

Grella and Andrews as the starting central midfielders is probably the worst starting combo in the Prmeiership. Grella was late getting to the man on the first goal because he is too slow, and I'm not sure Andrews was on the field. Dunn is best at central mid. Seemed like our more skillful players were left on the bench.

Ok I only watched it on TV but I thought:

* was Benni on the p**s last night

* PR is NOT a goalkeeper

* Diouf played well when he got the ball. Also works hard.

* is Bennet a Referee or a Bookie??? strange person. I think he was doing everything he could to keep it at 0-1. I've never seen so many ''fouls'' inside and outside the box 'not given' and to be fair to the Ref against both sides

* Villa are an average side with speed up front but not much else.

* has Pederson some complaint where he still looks young but is really about 99 years old?

* hope Dunn and the other one are not badly injured. Tugay had one of his forgettable games and couldn't pass wind

* Grella was good, he can pass but looks small on TV but still competitive.

* 6 large cans of Heineken are not enough so I'm off to 7 Eleven.

* keep your chins up - we are not down yet.

Cheers

/

Sam is an idiot. You fight to keep Santa Cruz and you put him on the bench. Sam has to wake up and get a concept about what team to play. He was out managed and should take full responsibility for the loss, Idiot.

gotta agree, mccarthy has a few goals but no way he should start ahead of santa. have'nt a clue why givet was signed if he ain't playing and tugay should start the first hour of every game ahead of andrews.

poor starting line up was never gonna trouble villa and got what it deserved.

Nothing like knee-jerk reactions, is there? :rolleyes:

I think Sam's hand has been forced somewhat regarding selection because of the run we've been on in the league, why is probably why he stuck as close as possible to the team that's been getting those results. In a strange way, today's performance will probably give him more freedom to choose now, because he will have justifiable reasons for making big changes to the team, whereas it could have been damaging to the morale of some players to be taken out after the run we were on.

That is a joke. You put your best team out every week. You fight off an effort to take Santa Cruz and keep him on the bench for 74 minutes. What are you smoking.

• Backroom

How i wish some of the posters on here during the game would just leave, some have talked some sense but some of you - absolutely clueless and classless.

Pedersen on the right was a decent decison, he is by far our best defensive winger therefore was there to help null the threat of Young the cheat. Which worked to an extent.

Diouf looked good when he came on and Roque coming off the bench can change a game for us and he has done nothing to warrant a starting place.

There were some bad performances today notabley Andrews, Warnock and Tugay when he came on, also Benni Mac wasn't at the races but on the whole we were just outplayed by a better team, not to mention 3 or 4 penalty shouts of which at least one would be given most days.

Nice to see nobody is having a knee jerk reaction and you're all behind the team though. Numpties.

Also I like Villa on the whole but Young and Agbonglahor are bigger cheats than messrs Ronaldo and Diouf

One more thing, people like to point out Robinsons flaws but so far I see no mention of the world class save at the end of the first half or the fact that Brad flapped at one of two crosses?

Editted to cut out my own knee jerk reaction :P

Benni and Roberts have worked well up front, so it's all well and good in hindsight to criticize Roque's omission. Obviously we kept him because we weren't prepared to gamble on someone else this late into the season. He still has to earn his place in the starting line-up.

I'd argue Pedersen is one as well and has been for some time. You can't fault his workrate and his defensive qualities but as a winger you need to be putting the ball into dangerous areas or onto someone's head and quite frankly he hasn't been doing that for sometime.

True, but as you say Pedersen has qualities to compensate for that. Andrews keeps the ball moving, but doesn't really have much going for him in attack or defence. But yeah, Ped's forward play has seriously declined yet it's a moot point because every manager favours him.

Big Sam does have a penchant for no-frills players, which is probably why Keith gets the nod. .

We just weren't good enough today folks.....not enough guile or craft to break Villa down.Add to that a terrible ref and this was never going to be our day when the first goal went in,I dont think Friedel had a shot to save all game.

I just pray and hope points dropped in previous games dont come back to bite us on the arse come season end.....fingers crossed because I have a bad feeling its going to be ruddy close!

Why are we unable to perform for the first 45 minutes of a game? Why do I keep feeling that certain players are not playing to their full potential? :unsure:

Anyone remember when we used to fill ewood and sing like villa are doing?

More atmosphere on the moon than the home crowd today,absolute pap.

How i wish most of the posters on here during the game were somehow mysteriously banned, some have talked some sense but some of you - absolutely clueless and classless.

Pedersen on the right was a decent decison, he is by far our best defensive winger therefore was there to help null the threat of Young the cheat. Which worked to an extent.

Diouf looked good when he came on and Roque coming off the bench can change a game for us and he has done nothing to warrant a starting place.

There were some bad performances today notabley Andrews, Warnock and Tugay when he came on, also Benni Mac wasn't at the races but on the whole we were just outplayed by a better team, not to mention 3 or 4 penalty shouts of which at least one would be given most days.

Nice to see nobody is having a knee jerk reaction and you're all behind the team though. Numpties.

Also I like Villa on the whole but Young and Agbonglahor are bigger cheats than messrs Ronaldo and Diouf

One more thing, people like to point out Robinsons flaws but so far I see no mention of the world class save at the end of the first half or the fact that Brad flapped at one of two crosses?

How i wish most of the posters on here during the game were somehow mysteriously banned, some have talked some sense but some of you - absolutely clueless and classless.

There are a few kneejerk reactions but most are reasoned criticisms of Allardyce's tactics. It's quite sad that you wish people were banned just because they have different opinions to yours.

Pedersen on the right was NOT a good move - why not play Diouf in there? A winger should be just that and his defensive capabilities should be a secondary consideration, even with someone like Young. Diouf can track back too and get stuck in.

Why not play Dunn in the centre?

If we're not going to start Roque, why didn't we just sell him and get someone in January making a £10mill profit? There were possibilities...

I like Sam and before today, so far so good. We should've won more games but that was down to our players not finishing things off. Today was a big cock-up on his part. The big test is if he learns from today - he's an experienced manager so here's hoping he will.

Roque should start and be the focal point up front. Mcarthy and Roberts won zero headers and did nothing. Poor choices by Sam. What point is he tryng too make leaving RSC on the bench. He claims Roque is at fault for the mess we are in but gives him no opportunity to try to get them out of it. What a joke.

• Backroom

Roque doesn't deserve a starting place at present, he looks disinterested and lazy, I agree its odd that we fought to keep him then don't use him BUT he needs to prove he is worth a place in the team.

Roque doesn't deserve a starting place at present, he looks disinterested and lazy, I agree its odd that we fought to keep him then don't use him BUT he needs to prove he is worth a place in the team.

That´s a lot of rubbish

I'd argue Pedersen is one as well and has been for some time. You can't fault his workrate and his defensive qualities but as a winger you need to be putting the ball into dangerous areas or onto someone's head and quite frankly he hasn't been doing that for sometime.

I see where you're coming from, but let me tell you why you're wrong :P

He's got the most assists for us this season, which is; correct me if i'm wrong; one of the most important jobs for a winger?

so by the looks of it, he's doin his job relatively well.

• Backroom

I don't see how some people think Santa should be a certain starter when he has been poor recently, unless I saw different games against Boro and sunderland than the rest of you?

His best performance by far was against Bolton when he came off the bench.

Edit: I wonder if some of the people saying Santa should start either way are the same people who complain when the likes of Gerrard and Lampard get picked for England regardless of how they're playing together.

How do you pove it without playing.

I don't see how some people think Santa should be a certain starter when he has been poor recently, unless I saw different games against Boro and sunderland than the rest of you?

His best performance by far was against Bolton when he came off the bench.

Then sell him !!!

Fact is when santa came on, he did nothing of interest.

He came closest to scoring and was only on a couple of minutes.

Archived