BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Villa Preview 7th Feb K.o 3pm

Blind Ince fans. Love it.

We are starting to see the same under Sam as we saw under Ince.

You cannot polish a turd.

There's no hope for your posts then, shame.

I bet you couldn't wait for Allardyce to lose his first game so you could throw a post like that in. First defeat in nine or whatever it is and suddenly Sam going to do as badly as Ince? That's also taking in to account that it was against the third best team in the county that had won all of their previous six away from home.

Laughable stuff really.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all.

Not that long back from my trip to Ewood and thought I come back on post game and see what was being said, there are some insightful posts, some utter nonesense posts about both Villa and Rovers and the odd amusing one.

I don't really want to talk about Villa as it will likely only end in a row with someone plus this is your message board so it should be about Rovers.

So here are my thoughts on Rovers today from an outside perspective.

Defence - I thought Samba did extremely well first with Heskey and then with Carew and was one of your best performers today while Nelsen was decent alongside him. However I thought your full backs were poor if I'm honest both in dealing with the danger from our wide players and also in failing to give you more of an outlet. Warnock is a better player than he showed today I'm sure.

Midfield - Couldn't really figure out your plan today or the logic in the line up Dunn was wasted and Andrews doesn't look good enough to me but hard to judge on one game.

Forwards - Roberts is a far better player than many give him credit for, I thought he worked hard for you today and deserved more support from some around him. McCarthy looks a pale immitation of his former self I'm glad he started ahead of RSC odd decision from Sam.

Diouf - Thought you improved with his introduction, he found more space than anyone else in the first 15mins of the second half and will I think prove to be a big player for you this season when you learn to use him more.

I get the feeling having read the whole thread many of you are pretty down after the defeat today but I wouldn't worry I'm certain you have more than enough to stay up. I also think if Sam is given time and support you will push on again as there is no way you should be in your current league position.

I enjoyed my trip to Ewood and not just because of the result, I had some good banter with some of your boys both before and after the game. Oh and I apologise for those idiots Villa 'fans' who caused damage to the pub, there a disgrace.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Why are some people targeting Andrews? What about Gamst (hopeless on right and left)? What about Ooijer - as slow as Simpson is vapid?

What about Allardyce? Gamst can barely perform on the left - let alone on the other side. Whatever the rationale, it worked abysmally, surely.

We can stay up but it's going to be painful viewing - not only because it's going to be a close thing - but also because the football is going to be necessarily shiite. Remember the Douglas - Andresen - Tugay - Flitcroft midfield? Yes, it's going to take long-ball Catenaccio to get out of this midden.

Result was what I had mentally forecast. Villa to be one up at half time and nick a second very late as we pressed for an equaliser. I wish I'd posted the forecast.

Not too despondent because that Villa side is the best I've seen for a long, long time. O'Neill has worked his magic once again. This is a game to put behind us and get on. As Sam said, we should have picked up many more points against previous, poorer teams.

Nelsen deserved his MOM because the rest were fairly poor. Andrews had his worst game for us so far. The bench looked strong before KO. I wonder why Sam didn't start with Givet at right back and Diouf right wing.

Results have gone OK for us. The bottom half is still very tight so there's plenty of time to come good.

What reception did Friedel get when he came too the Blackburn End? I really can't believe people were booing Diouf, yes, he shafted us in a previous season but he now wears the Blue and White and we really do need to get behind our players now.

His best postion is central midfielder IMO

Blind Ince fans. Love it.

We are starting to see the same under Sam as we saw under Ince.

You cannot polish a turd.

And THAT is utter rubbish.

This has been one poor game. We'd lost 7 in a row under Ince before Allardyce came.

That post still puts you firmly into the category of "Blind Ince fans".

If people want to push the panic button then they should have pushed it sooner, this result changes nothing and we shouldn't over react to it. We lost to a side sitting in the champions league places who are on form and have just equallled the record for wins away from home, they are clearly doing something right.

Our premiership status won't depend on this result, sure it would have been great to pick up some points but it wasn't to be. We have enough games left to decide our fate, it's important we stay behind the team and that they then fight to pick up points elsewhere.

There are plenty of positives to take from this game, come on Rovers!

If people want to push the panic button then they should have pushed it sooner, this result changes nothing and we shouldn't over react to it. We lost to a side sitting in the champions league places who are on form and have just equallled the record for wins away from home, they are clearly doing something right.

Our premiership status won't depend on this result, sure it would have been great to pick up some points but it wasn't to be. We have enough games left to decide our fate, it's important we stay behind the team and that they then fight to pick up points elsewhere.

There are plenty of positives to take from this game, come on Rovers!

No shots on target and no chances created at home - Name a positive Dirk.

We have just lost our first game in ten.

Reality check time.

Look at the weaknesses in the team, look at the remaining fixtures and tell me which match is a nailed-on 3 points.

I'll give the answer .... none of them.

That's a reality check.

What reception did Friedel get when he came too the Blackburn End? I really can't believe people were booing Diouf, yes, he shafted us in a previous season but he now wears the Blue and White and we really do need to get behind our players now.

Excellent reception for Brad, rightly so as well.

People were booing Diouf? I thought so at first as well, but then I realised they were saying 'Diouf' which sounds like 'booooo'. Not entirely sure though.

• Backroom

I certainly heard no booing for Diouf, a few 'Diiiiooooooooooouuuufs' and a light hearted chant of he's gonna spit in a minute but no booing. I have a feeling he will end up being an Ewood favourite in time.

I for one don't understands many peoples stance including Nicko (who is bang on the money a lot) that he is ineffective, he certainly looked like he has all the tools today.

On Robinson I still think he gets too much stick on here, he made a world class save today and when he brought the ball halfway and then played it forward it created one of our best chances.

So of the 4 good penalty shouts MOTD decide to show none - ridiculous stuff. Also the the Heskey 'goal' was a handball as well as an alleged push

Some quick thoughts:

Diouf did well, and some people were clearly delighted when he lost the ball as it gave them a reason to boo, but he did good on the whole.

The referee was diabolical.

Villa play more long ball than I thought.

Villa are our Kryptonite - our tactics are exactly the opposite of ours, which is why we couldn't bomb forward like we have been doing. To be expected.

I wasn't expecting any points. The referee was shocking though.

Also thought Pedersen finished strongly, Diouf and Pedersen both showed the most desire in my opinion.

People were booing Diouf? I thought so at first as well, but then I realised they were saying 'Diouf' which sounds like 'booooo'. Not entirely sure though.

I'd go along with that if they weren't shouting "F**k off!" when he was down our end.

Morons, they really are.

We have just lost our first game in ten.

Reality check time.

The problem is too many draws that should have been wins against teams around us. Our lack of creativity in midfield has been there for all to see ALL season. That's the reality. Can anyone see how a midfield combination of Dunn, Grella and Andrews - two unfit and one not up to it - can provide the ammunition for our strike force?

Positives

1. Samba Nelsen combo improving. Set piece for the first and breakaway for the 2nd.

2. Cruz looks better than the other two clearly

3. BFS is getting the best out of a finished Benni

4. We are trying hard and competing

Negatives

1. Jason Roberts misses too many

2. Warnock is inconsistant at full back

3. Benni is finished as a top flight player (Dwight Yorke Mk2)

4. Andrews was abysmal today

5. Grella is a one trick pony. Run around and try.

6. BFS is starting to get more negative by the week and will take us down. No good talking about lack of creativity when Cruz, Dunn and Villenueva are benched.

Ratings

6. Robinson - dodgy keeper

7. Ooijar - worked hard and read the game well covering the back 2 with timely interceptions

8. Nelsen - returning to his best

8. Samba - snuffed Agbon out of game

6. Warnock - didn't get forward/average

4. MGP - produced nothing, gave away possession to quickly and easily

3. Andrews - lightweight. either gave the ball away, passed it backwards, or lost the tackle.

7. Grella - ran around a lot

6. Dunn - looked threatening, played out of position, subbed

5. Jason Roberts - played in builders boots.

5. McCarthy - just to slow nowadays and unfit to compete at this level. No space for his undoubted skills.

Subs

4. Tugay - every pass went astray. Not fit enough to play at this level against top of the table athletes like Villa had. Sad.

6. Diouf - tried and created space good ball skills, - nothing came off.

7. Cruz - immediate impact, posed Villa a real threat.

Fair result 1 - 1

On Robinson I still think he gets too much stick on here, he made a world class save today and when he brought the ball halfway and then played it forward it created one of our best chances.

So of the 4 good penalty shouts MOTD decide to show none - ridiculous stuff. Also the the Heskey 'goal' was a handball as well as an alleged push

After seeing MOTD highlights the sooner summer comes and Robinson goes the better. He completly missed that Heskey goal also the first goal was within a foot of his reach yet he stood there like a dummy and watched it sail past him into the net. Completely lost confidence in Robinson.

1. BFS got it all wrong today and it was a shambles from start to finish

2. Villa were goodish but we could have beaten them.

3. BFS says no creativity and benches all the creative players

4. Tugay, Pedeson, Roberts and Andrews are not up to it.

5. Villeneuva must play. We have passengers every game so why not pick Villeneuva? Stupid.

6. BFS slates Roberts then picks him (leaving santa on the bench)? A nonsense

Hiya guys as mentioned by many, we were beaten by a very good Villa team today, in fairness could have been more, a culmination of Villas tactics and our ineptness concluded a real lack of goal threat from our lot.. anyway my thoughts on the players.

Robinson 6 - Average.

Oijer 7 - Better than expected against Young.

Samba 8 - Good

Nelson 8 - Good

Warnock 5 - Why does he stop running when a player goes past him??

Dunn 6 - Only player trying to make something happen whilst on.

Grella 3 - Awful passing awful judgement in terms of passing.

Andrews 5 - Average at best. Offers nothing to the team going forward.

Pederson 6 - Good endeavour, needs to grow some balls on occassions.

Roberts 6 - Average.

Benni 5 - Poor.

Subs

Tugay 6 - Below standard

Diouf 7 - Best chance of doing something when on.

Roque 6 - Average but good endeavour.

On the whole I dont think we actually 'believed' we could get anything out of this game once the first goal went in. Which is seriously dissapointing consdering we were pretty much neck and neck with Villa last year.

• Backroom
Positives

1. Samba Nelsen combo improving. Set piece for the first and breakaway for the 2nd.

2. Cruz looks better than the other two clearly

3. BFS is getting the best out of a finished Benni

4. We are trying hard and competing

Negatives

1. Jason Roberts misses too many

2. Warnock is inconsistant at full back

3. Benni is finished as a top flight player (Dwight Yorke Mk2)

4. Andrews was abysmal today

5. Grella is a one trick pony. Run around and try.

6. BFS is starting to get more negative by the week and will take us down. No good talking about lack of creativity when Cruz, Dunn and Villenueva are benched.

Ratings

6. Robinson - dodgy keeper

7. Ooijar - worked hard and read the game well covering the back 2 with timely interceptions

8. Nelsen - returning to his best

8. Samba - snuffed Agbon out of game

6. Warnock - didn't get forward/average

4. MGP - produced nothing, gave away possession to quickly and easily

3. Andrews - lightweight. either gave the ball away, passed it backwards, or lost the tackle.

7. Grella - ran around a lot

6. Dunn - looked threatening, played out of position, subbed

5. Jason Roberts - played in builders boots.

5. McCarthy - just to slow nowadays and unfit to compete at this level. No space for his undoubted skills.

Subs

4. Tugay - every pass went astray. Not fit enough to play at this level against top of the table athletes like Villa had. Sad.

6. Diouf - tried and created space good ball skills, - nothing came off.

7. Cruz - immediate impact, posed Villa a real threat.

Fair result 1 - 1

McCarthy finished? Get a grip lad, how many has he got since Sam took over, in how many games?

1. BFS got it all wrong today and it was a shambles from start to finish

2. Villa were goodish but we could have beaten them.

3. BFS says no creativity and benches all the creative players

4. Tugay, Pedeson, Roberts and Andrews are not up to it.

5. Villeneuva must play. We have passengers every game so why not pick Villeneuva? Stupid.

6. BFS slates Roberts then picks him (leaving santa on the bench)? A nonsense

i'd agree with the villeneuva point, stick him out on the left. he can't be any slower than pedersen and what he'd offer in retaining possession and decent delivery would far outway what would be lost with morts defensive qualities.

if we'd lost to spuds or pompey i'd be quite morbid right now, in as much as you can accept defeat i'll accept the second part of our season starts after the man u game.

i'd argue the roberts point seeing as he is the only fella with pace and does put a shift in, benni on the other hand offers very,very little.

if we are in the premier league next season i'll be amazed if any ince signings are at the club, andrews and grella can be dominated so easily and offer squat. warnock in the middle was the only good idea ince had, warnock and dunn is 10x better than andrews grella.

Archived