BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Villa Preview 7th Feb K.o 3pm

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another poor first half showing, hopefully we can do one of our turnarounds at half time that we've become so good at in recent weeks.

I'd like to see Santa Cruz and Diouf on at half time, we need something more going forward. Has Andrews touched the ball yet? I'd be tempted to push Dunn in the middle and put Diouf out wide.

Villa ripped us from pillar to post in this half. Should be 4-0 up minimum. Villa's 2 disallowed goals were ridiculous, no way should they have been ruled out.

The fact is this is the wrong side and we are paying the price for BFS's mistakes. Take it as you will.

Villa ripped us from pillar to post in this half. Should be 4-0 up minimum. Villa's 2 disallowed goals were ridiculous, no way should they have been ruled out.

The fact is this is the wrong side and we are paying the price for BFS's mistakes. Take it as you will.

Second one was clear offside.

80% of Rovers attacking has been up the middle of the pitch :rolleyes:

Terrible defending at the Villa goal. Short corner and only Dunn within yards of the ball. A free run toward goal - he could pick his spot. I noticed that as they prepared for the corner, tv said we had had 81% possession in the previous 5 minutes!

Since then it has been all Villa. We are very lucky to be only one down.

We've been outplayed and well. They're always dangerous when they get the ball, Young and Agbonlahor are too fast for any of our defenders. They seem to have an extra man on the other wing or in the middle always free waiting for the pass. And all their free kicks have been good. Sam will have to come up with something really effective if we're to turn this around.. Damn I would love it if we would have Emerton to throw to RB. Trying to score with higher percentage than Villa seems to be our only way out today.. Santa Cruz, Diouf and Tugay or Villanueva?

Abysmal first half.

Andrews has been terrible. Pedersen too.

Roberts is getting a good first touch but the support hasnt been immediate.

Id bring on Diouf for Andrews, push Dunn into the middle and Roque and Carlos on thereafter for one of the two up front and Pedersen.

Might I add this is our first game against decent opposition and we could have been down 3-0.

We're getting creamed. 1-0 is as good as we could hope for based on the 1st half. Roque and Diouf on for Roberts and Andrews. We'll start getting free kicks then.

Agreed, and please when that's done put MGP out on the left, Dunn in the centre with Grella, and Diouf on the right. Whatever that midfield lineup was meant to achieve in the first half, it didn't work.

1st goal maybe, second goal was clearly the right decision. We also had a penalty decision that could have gone our way.

Not sure our tactics are right today, i would have packed the midfield and sat deeper. Ooijer is clearly the weak link at the back, he keeps getting caught out of position and Samba is having to cover for him thus destabilising our back line.

I’d bring on Diouf for Andrews and move Dunny into the centre. Should also look at bringing on Roque.

I thought Dunn was playing for himself, as he had a few options to pass but didnt. Andrews should be replaced by Diouf, and Dunny in the middle with Gamst back to left wing. Horrible 1st half though by Rovers!

Mr E give it a rest please!

Diouf has produced more crosses in 10 minutes than Pedersen and Dunn together in the first half.

Seems very willing to work as well, he's tracking back well. Very good news if we plan to stick to 4-4-2.

Not really troubling the Villa goal though, we could have done if Warnock's ball had been better after Diouf played him in.

Archived