BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think Pedersen's time at the club might be coming to an end?

I really don't see where he fits in with our new system... we're not as reliant on set-pieces as we have been in the past and I don't think Morten would be able to keep up with the pace Kean seems to want from our attacking players. With Olsson, Junior, Vukcevic, Formica, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Petrovic, Lowe and Rochina all fighting for places across the midfield I find it hard to see Morten getting much game time.

Obviously I could be wrong and after his injury he may go straight back into the side, but Kean didn't pick him much towards the back end of last season and although he's fairly good at tracking back to help out the full-back that isn't an element of the game Kean is emphasising at the moment (rightly or wrongly).

Can see Peds being sold in Jan, if anyone's willing to buy him...

It impossible really to see where he fits in. Vukcevic is strugling to get a game as it is and surely he is ahead of Peds. Hoilett, Vukcevic, Olsson, Rochina and Formica can all play left mid.

If he could perform consistently at CM then he would get a game there, but while he works hard he is just so weak in the tackle it is hard to see how he can play there regularly....

Thinking and hoping.

He's done all right in the games he's featured in so far this season. Not for 1 second that I'd expect the serial critics in this thread to ever acknowledge that. Same old attitude really:

"I decided he's **** 5 years ago when he stopped being world class like he was in his first season. I (not our last 5 managers who have all played him) am the supreme authority on football, therefore there's no possible way I could ever be wrong about this. I will slate him continuously and relentlessly until he's sold, even when he's not playing."

YAWN. Really hope the haters can conduct their graceless but I suspect inevitable celebrations quietly when he does eventually leave. Has been a true servant to this club and deserves some respect.

• Backroom

He's done all right in the games he's featured in so far this season. Not for 1 second that I'd expect the serial critics in this thread to ever acknowledge that. Same old attitude really:

"I decided he's **** 5 years ago when he stopped being world class like he was in his first season. I (not our last 5 managers who have all played him) am the supreme authority on football, therefore there's no possible way I could ever be wrong about this. I will slate him continuously and relentlessly until he's sold, even when he's not playing."

YAWN. Really hope the haters can conduct their graceless but I suspect inevitable celebrations quietly when he does eventually leave. Has been a true servant to this club and deserves some respect.

The point is, if you'd bothered to read my original post instead of just minus it, there are plenty of players ahead of Pedersen in the pecking order now who have a greater impact than he's had over the past few seasons. Therefore it's very difficult to see where he fits in when he comes back and it's feasable he'll be sold in January to free up some wages to bring in a player we actually need (ideally a full back to replace Salgado and/or Givet).

You have to ask yourself why Pedersen has spent most of his career at Rovers. If you're suggesting good old-fashioned loyalty, then you're rather naive.

He's a spent force. Too slow for the wing, too lightweight in midfield. Aside from the occasional set-piece, he brings nothing to the side. And thank God we've seen an end to him and his awful long-throws. He was a very lucky boy to receive that four-year deal, because the club couldn't afford to sign anyone else.

That's not really fair, there was a point in his career where bigger clubs were interested in him and he never kicked up a fuss about wanting to leave (unlike say Samba or Bentley). He is certainly not the player that he was and hasn't been for a while now, but he can still contribute and offers a lot to the squad.

The point is, if you'd bothered to read my original post instead of just minus it, there are plenty of players ahead of Pedersen in the pecking order now who have a greater impact than he's had over the past few seasons. Therefore it's very difficult to see where he fits in when he comes back and it's feasable he'll be sold in January to free up some wages to bring in a player we actually need (ideally a full back to replace Salgado and/or Givet).

I didn't minus your post, it was a decent one, hence why I didn't quote it. No problem with a reasonable justification for why he's not good enough (something I currently agree with in terms of a starting place). Just not a fan of the sarcastic comments and insulting criticism that is dished out to him. Pedersen has always been loyal, always had a good attitude, never reacts to abuse from the stands and has occasionally be brilliant for us. And yet there are people who must have posted pretty much the same thing 5, 10, even 20 times now in this thread slagging him off. Its as if they can't stand the idea of some support for him still existing and want to stamp it out. Presumably the motivation for that is he can't be hounded out like Andrews was until everyone is against him.

Pederson was a usefull player the operative word being WAS .He is still a good player but does not imput enough to justify a regular place in the first team or even the bench.The best answer is sell him in the Jan window for as much as we can get.He has never justified any abuse as long as he has been at the club.I suppose when he wanted to go no club came in with enough money.Let him go with dignity as was Emmerton.Testimonials in this day and age for players like him have long gone.

anchorsaweigh

• Backroom

I didn't minus your post, it was a decent one, hence why I didn't quote it. No problem with a reasonable justification for why he's not good enough (something I currently agree with in terms of a starting place). Just not a fan of the sarcastic comments and insulting criticism that is dished out to him. Pedersen has always been loyal, always had a good attitude, never reacts to abuse from the stands and has occasionally be brilliant for us. And yet there are people who must have posted pretty much the same thing 5, 10, even 20 times now in this thread slagging him off. Its as if they can't stand the idea of some support for him still existing and want to stamp it out. Presumably the motivation for that is he can't be hounded out like Andrews was until everyone is against him.

If I click the rep bit it says you minused it mate, if it's a system error or an accident then fair enough!

I agree as far as abuse goes, Peds isn't a world beater but some fans have taken criticism towards him way out of proportion. I remember seeing some fella in the crowd last year literally run down to scream abuse at MGP, bang out of order that, doesn't help at all.

• Backroom

I don't think it's anything to do with being harsh, it's just practical. We need to balance the books in regards to wages and looking at the players we've brought in MGP is becoming little more than a fringe member of the squad. I appreciate his service here, but there's no point keeping him if he's not going to feature. He was a fringe player last year under Kean - with all the new blood in midfield is he going to be needed? I'd rather sell him (if there's a buyer out there) and bring in a player in a position we actually need.

I'm a big fan of Gamst because of what he represents, Ok his form has been sporodic over the last couple of season's but he loves the club and the passion he has for the badge is sadly missing from other players.

He is my favourite player at Rovers and I would be sad if he left, When he was at the top of the game he could have left for pastures new at a bigger club, but he stayed and stuck with us. Now his form aint been the best, i'm repaying the faith he had in us, by giving him the same faith and sticking with him

I'm a big fan of Gamst because of what he represents, Ok his form has been sporodic over the last couple of season's but he loves the club and the passion he has for the badge is sadly missing from other players.

He is my favourite player at Rovers and I would be sad if he left, When he was at the top of the game he could have left for pastures new at a bigger club, but he stayed and stuck with us. Now his form aint been the best, i'm repaying the faith he had in us, by giving him the same faith and sticking with him

if Pedersen had maintained that short lived form, he would not be here I promise.

Like Emerton, he is/was a pretty average PL player who is at the best level he possibly could be.

Decent squad player, keep him I vote.

We've got more than enough squad players at the moment, that's part of the problem. If you think he's worth us spunking away £ 40 K a week that's your opinion, mine is move him on. I can't honestly see us getting much of a fee for him unfortunately, the rest of the football world isn't that stupid.

not sure that's true given the unproven or injury prone nature of so many in midfield.

Archived