BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

I would imagine he would join the Oslo-club Vålerenga, he has said before that he is gonna join them at some point (his father played there).

And as they mention in that small interview in the link there, he has just bought a £2 million appartment in Oslo. :rolleyes:

As a norwegian, it would naturally be sad to see him go. No one on here can deny that his left foot is missed when he doesnt play, in terms of his crosses.

He has also scored 4 goals this season. I dont think we should get rid just yet. He still has a role to play at this club. But apparently not with @#/? Kean in charge though :wacko:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When MGP is in the mood, he's an outstanding player. But too often it appears (at least to me) that he is just going through the motions.

If he'll give it his all, he should clearly be on the pitch. The question is, based on past performance, can we rely on him to give it his all at this critical juncture?

http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/england/premierleague/gamst-aapner-for-klubbskifte-i-sommer-3483240.html

Morten Gamst Pedersen in a norwegian interview, where he say that he will consider leaving the club in the summer if he does not get more playing time.

Thank fook for that. Pity it didn't happen last summer.

And that from a player who I wouldn't have sold for 16m after he scored those two goals in the away win at OT under Hughes.

Just goes to show that the tried and trusted formula of "keeping your best players and building roulnd them" doesn't always pay dividends every single time.

I never understand why people only begrudge MGP for being overpaid, they all are. I bet Dunn is on similar and he's been far less effective this season.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I love Dunny to bits as a true Rover but he should also be offloaded in the summer on the basis of this season. One too far by the looks of it.

Kean has taken a right hammering on here since his appointment, but one things for sure, he saw through MGP's complete lack of motivation and abject performances week after week and dropped him.

Needs to sort his head out and come back from this like a professional footballer should do, not complain on social networking sites that he’s not getting a look in.

He has the ability, but does he have the desire?

Kean has taken a right hammering on here since his appointment, but one things for sure, he saw through MGP's complete lack of motivation and abject performances week after week and dropped him.

Needs to sort his head out and come back from this like a professional footballer should do, not complain on social networking sites that he’s not getting a look in.

He has the ability, but does he have the desire?

Kean has taken a right hammering because he's a **** manager. Your ability to ignore his results when they leap out in black and white is phenomenal. Kean's disapproval of Pedersen and Kalinic, our 2 top scorers in the league, is all the evidence anyone should need that they are both good players.

Kean has taken a right hammering because he's a **** manager. Your ability to ignore his results when they leap out in black and white is phenomenal. Kean's disapproval of Pedersen and Kalinic, our 2 top scorers in the league, is all the evidence anyone should need that they are both good players.

his comment was about mgp being dropped and the reasons... dont turn this into anti kean... there's already a thread for that!

his comment was about mgp being dropped and the reasons... dont turn this into anti kean... there's already a thread for that!

There's about seven different threads for that.

The jury's out on Kalinic but as far as Pedesen's concerned the verdict was in years ago- the guy's a waster. £ 2 million apartment ! Don't get me going. Kean's dead right in this case.

Kean's disapproval of Pedersen and Kalinic, our 2 top scorers in the league, is all the evidence anyone should need that they are both good players.

Well you're entitled to your opinion of course blue and white, scoring 4 goals all season hardly qualifies for a starting place does it?

I think Pedersen deserved dropping, he's been poor and disinterested when he's played, hopefully losing his place in the team will give him the kick up the backside he deserves and that will manifest itself on the pitch.

I can see your point about Kalinic. He's looked more likely of scoring than anyone else, yet he's dropped and publicly humiliated by the manager.

But Pedersen? Naaah, the guy's been living off former glory for too long. He always manages to find his sympathisers, though.

Kean's disapproval of Pedersen and Kalinic, our 2 top scorers in the league, is all the evidence anyone should need that they are both good players.

Ah, so because Kean (who has replaced Dean Saunders and Paul Ince as the overlord of all evil) has dropped Kalinic and MGP, they have automatically turned into Pele and Cristiano Ronaldo in their absence.

Using that logic, we'd better get Keith Andrews back in the side sharpish. He must be like a cross between Steven Gerrard and Johann Cruyff by now after being dropped by Kean for so long.

:blink:

Ok maybe I went a bit overboard saying they have to be good because Kean's left them out. I just resent the idea that Steve "Number 3" Kean benching a player has any reflection on their ability when so far he's statistically one of the worst managers in PL history. If I wanted to criticise a player I'd consider Kean agreeing with me to be damaging to my argument.

By all means Tyrone get going. I can think of about 20 reasons why Pedersen is a good player who has contributed a great deal to Rovers over the last 7 years and possibly 1 reason for why he's "a waster" (doesn't launch himself into tackles?).

But hey thats how it goes, as RevidgeBlue pointed out whilst managing to miss the complete hypocrisy, fans like to have a scapegoat. Player-wise it was Andrews until he was left out, but we carried on losing so it had to switch to Pedersen, and on the games he's left out its obviously Roberts. On the flip side I wonder if Phil Jones, Rochina or Hoilett will ever have a bad game according to the fans in the next 5 years? Unlikely.

Ok maybe I went a bit overboard saying they have to be good because Kean's left them out. I just resent the idea that Steve "Number 3" Kean benching a player has any reflection on their ability when so far he's statistically one of the worst managers in PL history. If I wanted to criticise a player I'd consider Kean agreeing with me to be damaging to my argument.

By all means Tyrone get going. I can think of about 20 reasons why Pedersen is a good player who has contributed a great deal to Rovers over the last 7 years and possibly 1 reason for why he's "a waster" (doesn't launch himself into tackles?).

But hey thats how it goes, as RevidgeBlue pointed out whilst managing to miss the complete hypocrisy, fans like to have a scapegoat. Player-wise it was Andrews until he was left out, but we carried on losing so it had to switch to Pedersen, and on the games he's left out its obviously Roberts. On the flip side I wonder if Phil Jones, Rochina or Hoilett will ever have a bad game according to the fans in the next 5 years? Unlikely.

Its all about opinion blue_and_white and I take the point about Kean being clueless, but still for me Pedersen has been on easy street since signing his contract, with the usual 1 good game in 8-10 which doesn’t stack up for me.

I was never a Wilcox or Sherwood hater, but plenty couldn’t stand the pair, never understood that and I guess plenty have the same opinion regarding Pedersen, we all need someone to criticize.

Mate of mine, not a Rovers fan, went to Ewood on Saturday and couldn’t say enough good things about Roberts, “commited to the cause, held the ball up well, did everything but score” and most Rovers fans hate the guy because he doesn’t score enough goals and that’s what he’s paid to do.

Opinions eh :D

Ps - Every man and his dog can see that Andrews isn't premership class, but then again Allardyce, Ince and Kean think he could be.

Mate of mine, not a Rovers fan, went to Ewood on Saturday and couldn’t say enough good things about Roberts, “commited to the cause, held the ball up well, did everything but score” and most Rovers fans hate the guy because he doesn’t score enough goals and that’s what he’s paid to do.

i thought i saw you sitting next to stevie wonder! :P

in all seriousness, he gives his all and occassionally looks a goal threat. for those reasons, i'd have roberts in above mame diouf and benjani every week.

on mgp... i think we'll be struggling to find a buyer. he's been on easy street for a few years.. along with emerton (another player we cant shift!).

People singled out Andrews because he was the obvious weak link in the team. So, I'd be interested to know why you think they've now 'switched' to MGP given that all he does wrong is not 'launch into tackles'? Plenty of others that play regularly (eg Hoilett) don't do that, so if MGP is so good, why are people not singling Hoilett out?

IMO MGP did contribute a lot, but that died off about 3 years ago. Ever since he's been living on past glories, and if you watch him during games - and by that I mean the work he does when Rovers DON'T have the ball - you'll see that his alleged high work-ethic is just as much a myth as his supposed unerring accuracy from set-pieces.

Ask yourself this - if MGP left, would it greatly weaken the squad? Not for me.

And he (MPGP) can actually head the ball which Emerton can't.

I take it you missed the Old Trafford semi-final? ;)

I still see it in my sleep and hear myself shout "were in the final" as the ball came accross :-(

OK, I'll get going. Pace- he's got none, most pro players would be faster running backwards. I'm 62 but I can still shift over 20 yards ( and that's the distance that matters ), I'd give him a race now. Can't beat an opponent , mainly because he lacks determination. I've known other slow players who could still beat a man because they were determined to muscle up to get that half a yard in front of their opponent. Heading ability, he's a tall guy with a good spring but he can't direct the ball onto the target. How many headed goals has he scored for Rovers ? I bet Emmo's got more and he can't head a ball either.

What really bugs me about the guy is his easy-osy , laise fair, couldn't care less attitude. he gives the ball away like it doesn't really matter, "somebody will get it back soon so why bother". I can't remember the last / first time he put a real tackle in on any opponent. Memo to new comers- running alongside your opponent whilst giving him a dirty look does not constitute a tackle.

I'm sorry but he's not a guy I'd want to be alongside in the trenches, hand on heart would you ? If that's the case would you want him in the team on Saturday because believe you me that will not be a game for the fainthearted.

Re. your 20 good points, if you can name 5 you'll be doing well.

I still see it in my sleep and hear myself shout "were in the final" as the ball came accross :-(

Me too..... :(

OK, I'll get going. Pace- he's got none, most pro players would be faster running backwards. I'm 62 but I can still shift over 20 yards ( and that's the distance that matters ), I'd give him a race now. Can't beat an opponent , mainly because he lacks determination. I've known other slow players who could still beat a man because they were determined to muscle up to get that half a yard in front of their opponent. Heading ability, he's a tall guy with a good spring but he can't direct the ball onto the target. How many headed goals has he scored for Rovers ? I bet Emmo's got more and he can't head a ball either.

What really bugs me about the guy is his easy-osy , laise fair, couldn't care less attitude. he gives the ball away like it doesn't really matter, "somebody will get it back soon so why bother". I can't remember the last / first time he put a real tackle in on any opponent. Memo to new comers- running alongside your opponent whilst giving him a dirty look does not constitute a tackle.

I'm sorry but he's not a guy I'd want to be alongside in the trenches, hand on heart would you ? If that's the case would you want him in the team on Saturday because believe you me that will not be a game for the fainthearted.

Re. your 20 good points, if you can name 5 you'll be doing well.

He can chuck a ball quite aways.

He has an interesting hair cut.

He can take a corner, most times... some times.

He wears white boots.

He has the ability to score the odd goal, in my opinion he is more of a goal threat in the stands than Santa on the field this season.

No I was there and still have if only moments because of it. However, if Emerton had been the one with the chance he wouldn't even have given us the chance to say if only. as I said - not really talking about whethr he can score from headers but he can a least jump off the ground and win headers, which gives you a chance of flick ons etc. You know if the ball comes to Emerton's head, wherever he is on the pitch, he'll miss the ball totally.

Archived