BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Been reading people's view on MGP for the past few days, and there seems to be a lot of mixed views about him.

What are your views on the lad. For me he gives 100% everytime he plays. May not be as good attacking wise but many fail to see his defensive qualitites. He helps Warnock out a hell of a lot. He's brilliant in the air, but shocking with his crossing 9 times out of 10.

Your views...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want him to regain the confidence he had during that season when we beat the Mancs at Old Trafford. Plus, if we can get him back to going close in on goal and leathering the ball in the net, then I think we'll see the Gamst of old once again. No-one should ever forget that thumping

against Burnley :rover:

Pedersen to score tonight.. please!

It shows the poor mentality of some people by issuing a negative about him.

Seeing that goal alone against our "real" enemy, makes him a ROVERS LEGEND.

No matter what, any Rovers player who succeeds in destroying a team in claret and blue from East Lancs deserves International hero status forever.

:brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie:

• Backroom

Personally I rate him, as already siad the amount of protection he gives to the left back is paramount but sadly he's had to sacrifice his sattacking duties at times for it.

For some reason he seems to get stick for every misplaced pass and then conviniently ignored for every good one around me in the Blackburn end. Easy blame figure for some reason.

Personally I rate him, as already siad the amount of protection he gives to the left back is paramount but sadly he's had to sacrifice his sattacking duties at times for it.

To me this is the exact problem - its not just at times but all the time when he should be concentrating on his attacking duties before the defensive duties - now whether this is his call is a different matter. What it doesn't excuse is his inability to cross the ball without hitting the first man, his shooting, corners and freekicks - all the more made worse as we know he is much better than he shows.

I like Pedersen for the fact that as a player he is somehwhat unique in that he is actually quite adept with both feet (something all professionals should be in my opinion) and does at least give the ffort most of the time.

Something has gone amiss over the last season or so

1864roverite Posted Today, 13:51

It shows the poor mentality of some people by issuing a negative about him.

Seeing that goal alone against our "real" enemy, makes him a ROVERS LEGEND.

No matter what, any Rovers player who succeeds in destroying a team in claret and blue from East Lancs deserves International hero status forever.

I still have it splashed across my screen on my desktop at work

I don't understand why he's stopped getting in goalscoring positions. All his career he's been a goalscoring midfielder, but that's stopped in the last couple of seasons.

I'm hoping Sam will think he can bring that back to his game, certainly if he intends to keep him on the left of a 4-5-1/4-3-3. He still hits a ball really well and is very useful in the air for a winger.

Can't knock the lad for effort but we need to start seeing more direct goals and assists from him, the lack of these has really been highlighted since Bentley's departure.

I don't understand why he's stopped getting in goalscoring positions. All his career he's been a goalscoring midfielder, but that's stopped in the last couple of seasons.

I'm hoping Sam will think he can bring that back to his game, certainly if he intends to keep him on the left of a 4-5-1/4-3-3. He still hits a ball really well and is very useful in the air for a winger.

Can't knock the lad for effort but we need to start seeing more direct goals and assists from him, the lack of these has really been highlighted since Bentley's departure.

Interestingly Ian wright was talking about his (Wright's)miss for England (was it against Italy in a qualifier or something - not watching england games I can't remember) and how even now if he closes his eyes he can recall it in every detail. I think for quite a while after the semi against Chelsea his miss there played on Morten's mind,. He's never had quite the same confidence since. However, he does work very hard and, although he's brushed off the ball and pulls out of tackles too easily, he gets around the pitch and supports the team really well. I don't love him, but I certainly don't hate him.

I don't hate him, i don't love him.

However i am coming to the conclusion that he has lost that spark that made him one of the most feared wingers in the premier league. You can't fault his workrate and defensive duties and he still gives 100%, but his set pieces, corners and general supply into the box has been dire for some time.

I'm not sure he can recover and perhaps he needs a new club or a new challenge to get him playing to something like the levels he used to.

He's a Rover, so will always have respect but some people seem unable to look past his goal against Burnley, or his boy-band looks. I would love to have the Peds that got him the £10m price tag back, but it's been a very long time since he's looked worth even half of that.

In the last 3 years he's had one very good game (the semi-final against Chelsea), 3 or 4 decent games but the rest he has been unacceptably below par. There must be reasons for such a dramatic drop in performance but what are they?

His crossing and corners 9 times out of 10 are awful, he doesn't always give 100% and wimps out of some challenges and lacks pace. Ryan Giggs is a better player at 36 or whatever he is, and but for a lack of viable alternatives he wouldn't be playing.

Left wing, centre-mid and a striker are the 3 positions that Sam should be looking at as a priority in the summer.

Cue the Pedersenettes jumping to his defence. :)

He's a Rover, so will always have respect but some people seem unable to look past his goal against Burnley, or his boy-band looks. I would love to have the Peds that got him the £10m price tag back, but it's been a very long time since he's looked worth even half of that.

In the last 3 years he's had one very good game (the semi-final against Chelsea), 3 or 4 decent games but the rest he has been unacceptably below par. There must be reasons for such a dramatic drop in performance but what are they?

His crossing and corners 9 times out of 10 are awful, he doesn't always give 100% and wimps out of some challenges and lacks pace. Ryan Giggs is a better player at 36 or whatever he is, and but for a lack of viable alternatives he wouldn't be playing.

Left wing, centre-mid and a striker are the 3 positions that Sam should be looking at as a priority in the summer.

Cue the Pedersenettes jumping to his defence. :)

Pretty much how I've always seen him. I'd like to add his really annoying habit of running around like a little schoolboy watching the ball as it passes him by. Oh and never making a challenge and never being on the correct side of the defender.

He's always committed and covers his defensive responsibilities (he's without doubt part of the reason Warnock has looked good since he has arrived). That is all I ask from any player. He is frustrating because he hasn't lived up to the form of a couple seasons ago and he isn't fulfilling his potential, but he is a player we need to help improve and get back to his best. A player I like.

He's always committed and covers his defensive responsibilities (he's without doubt part of the reason Warnock has looked good since he has arrived). That is all I ask from any player.

Unfortunately that doesn't cut it for a Premiership winger. You also need to be able to deliver a set piece, cross a ball, take people on and generally look a threat to the opposition - none of which Peds has done effectively for some time.

I really hope he gets some of his previous form back, but if what we see now is it, then he should be offloaded in summer. Perhaps a change of club will do him good, and we can't afford passengers.

Unfortunately that doesn't cut it for a Premiership winger. You also need to be able to deliver a set piece, cross a ball, take people on and generally look a threat to the opposition - none of which Peds has done effectively for some time.

I really hope he gets some of his previous form back, but if what we see now is it, then he should be offloaded in summer. Perhaps a change of club will do him good, and we can't afford passengers.

He's always dangerous from set pieces to be fair - although not corners, but then who is at Ewood? - and he gets in round the back a lot, especially when him and Benni link up down the left, clever one-twos and flicks that actually come off a lot of the time.

I'd rather see him reigned in and covering Warnock as he does now than see him score a hat-trick every game but lose 4-3.

If he could get his set-pieces back to the level they were he'd be a fantastic asset. The problem is that not only the goals have dried up, but the quality of his free-kicks and corners have dropped. Every time we had a free-kick within 40 yards of the opposition goal I felt he would be a threat - either shooting or whipping a cross in if wide. His corners have never been brilliant, but they seem worse than ever at the moment. I'd be very surpised if Sam doesn't get him to work hard on his delivery from set-pieces. Any player who scores the winner against Burnley and scores both goals in a win at Old Trafford is more than alright with me :)

Archived