BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

We're hardly setting the league on fire at the moment, it's quite easy to top the stats in a struggling team, doesn't mean you're playing well.

of course it means he's playin well you idiot, if we're playin sh*t and other teams are playing better, then he's doin exceptionally well to get the assists.

and Mr. E do you ever say anything positive? or are you a "glass half empty" kind of guy?

:blink:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
of course it means he's playin well you idiot, if we're playin sh*t and other teams are playing better, then he's doin exceptionally well to get the assists.

and Mr. E do you ever say anything positive? or are you a "glass half empty" kind of guy?

:blink:

Idiot, idiot idiot, ooooh, stop it, you're scaring me you big bully.

Morty Gaylord Pooftah-boy is indeed leading our Premier assists with 6. Jason Roberts is just behind him with 5 (is he doing "exceptionally well" as well? "Exceptionally well" sounds like a Paul Ince phrase to me). Then everyone else in our team has 1 or 2.

Just re-infoprces the perception that our midfield is toilet. It's easy to top the assist table in a struggling team, no other beggar is laying on any chances to score.

It's easy to top the assist table in a struggling team, no other beggar is laying on any chances to score.

So you'd take the top performer out of our struggling midfield? You'd remove our number one creative source from the side, starving the strikers of service even further? Makes sense. You clearly know your stuff.

...But then you did call him Morty Pooftah-Boy, so that shows me what kind of level you're operating at.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd give him a new deal, but not a pay rise unless it was a performance related pay scale. He's not reaching his potential, but remains one of our more talented players. In a better midfield he would do well.

I bloody hope not, he provides nothing to the team going forward. You may as well play two full backs down the left.

He's leading the assists table for us and has had more shots on goal than anyone this year (he may not have scored yet, but if you don't buy a ticket you wont win the raffle ;) )

so to prove you wrong, he does provide a lot to our team goin forward.

He's leading the assists table for us and has had more shots on goal than anyone this year (he may not have scored yet, but if you don't buy a ticket you wont win the raffle ;) )

so to prove you wrong, he does provide a lot to our team goin forward.

Well, I'd probably give him a new contract because players aren't exactly going to be beating a path to Ewood to sign for us. I know he's frustrating at times but he loves being here and seems genuine in his desire to play for us. Coming out with I'd like to sign a new contract at this time is good publicity for us. It suggests that he sees a future here and that if we do decide to sell then we'll get a decent deal for him with a longer contract in place. I think there are rumours that Rovers have put new contracts on hold for the moment while we wait to see what is going to happen to the club but I'd like to se him sign again. I know there are some on here who do not rate him but for me the question is who we might get in his place who is better and would be willing to play for us and would settle in quickly.

• Backroom

I'd give him a deal, he works his balls off for the team.

Also the Blackburn end would need a new scapegoat if he left.

Agree with Eddie, this is the ideal situation to get performance related pay structure into the club.

How can you implement a performance related pay scale though? Going on performances would be too subjective, and going on something like assists would be silly too as the player could blame strikers for not converting his chances and could say there was much more to his game. It'd be completely unworkable.

How can you implement a performance related pay scale though? Going on performances would be too subjective, and going on something like assists would be silly too as the player could blame strikers for not converting his chances and could say there was much more to his game. It'd be completely unworkable.

Unworkable? Rubbish.

It's very very simple. Base pay

Win bonus= x

Draw bonus= x-50%

Lose bonus= 0

where x is a previously agreed % or figure. Other incentives could be built in, such as extra pay for winning runs, bigger goal margins etc

There's nothing subjective about winning or losing. What's the point of having the most assist in the whole world, if you or your teammates can't/don't convert them. This way, they'll get the extra incentive.

Many sales people have been operating under schemes like this for years.

Exactly Dave. It's high time the club started doing it and it would confront our financial situation whilst also providing a means to offer players potentially higher salaries. The difficulty is striking a balance between something that will actually protect the club and make a difference to finances and also still look attractive to players, but I'm sure it could be done with a bit of number crunching.

I wouldn't sell MGP. He remains one of the few players the club could hold keep as part of the side and still move forward in my view. He needs to have talented int he midfield alongside him, but there is no reason to think that he can't return to the form of previous seasons, particularly considering his age.

It would, wouldn't it, Eddie

It would make the team, become a team, make them work that bit harder for the win, work for each other.

It would be a "win win" (god I hate that phrase, but it's the only one that describes the situation) for the club and the players.

I wouldn't sell MGP either, he can be good. Maybe a promising back up, along with a team performance style pay might buck his game up.

Dave - Eddie, you guys think MGP would be happy to sign a performance related contract?

If he was another Robbie Fowler, desperate to play, then maybe. MGP would finf another Premier league club if Rovers didn't offer him a decent deal. Left wingers aren't exactly in abundance.

Cloud cuckoo land I reckon.

Den, he says he doesn't want to play elsewhere. OK he may not want a "performance" related pay deal if all the others are on huge deals no matter what result they achieve.

But something needs to be done, don't you think?

It needs to start somewhere. Why not him, why not Blackburn and then the rest?

Archived