BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

still amazed we did'nt just let him go in the summer......not even close to the standard i expect from someone taking home 40k+ a week.

there are players in this league at lesser clubs that offer 10x whats peds brings to the table on i'd imagine a hell of a lot less money brunt, dorrans, fella at wolves name escapes me, philips at blackpool......actually every club has wingers clearly of better quality/quicker/more productive.

peds is currently just a shocking waste of money

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not suprised that the stats back up him giving the ball back to the opposition a massive amount. At Liverpool on Wed night just watch how many overhead punts or long balls from midfield he delivers without even bothering to look up to see if anyones there.

One of the most frustrating players in the rovers team as has the talent to produce amazing passes but spends 95% of the time aimlessly punting it! I tend to pick up on his performances more than the other players as he plays right in front of me on the riverside, maybe I should move :brfcsmilie:

The guy's a legend.

1. 6 years of loyalty, especially in the early days when the likes of Man U were sniffing around.

2. Reguarly top of our assists each season and usually chips in with 5-10 goals.

3. Always plays with a smile on his face and you can tell he's a really nice guy.

4. Never gets wound up or has a sulk when the idiots among our fans use him as a scapegoat and shout abuse.

5. No doubt makes Rovers a bob or 2 as a major celebrity in Norway and is a great ambassador for the club in that respect.

6. Always gives 100% where ever he's asked to play.

7. One of the best set piece takers in the league.

8. Scores the odd world class goal now and again.

Definately one of my favourite players. :tu:

Dont want to hex him but

9. He is rarely injured.

BRFC 1995 needs to compare Peds getting 40k every time he plays to Dunn who is probably on 3 or 4 times that amount.

btw maj... people either love it or hate it?

I am not suprised that the stats back up him giving the ball back to the opposition a massive amount. At Liverpool on Wed night just watch how many overhead punts or long balls from midfield he delivers without even bothering to look up to see if anyones there.

One of the most frustrating players in the rovers team as has the talent to produce amazing passes but spends 95% of the time aimlessly punting it! I tend to pick up on his performances more than the other players as he plays right in front of me on the riverside, maybe I should move :brfcsmilie:

It annoys me that the commentators and everyone that does'nt watch rovers much say he's our best player whenever we are on the box or when talking in the pub....by a mile to the neautral he is the best known/biggest star at the club, living off a reputation made years ago that seems fresh in the minds of everyone that does'nt support rovers. So over commentators saying "you expect better with his quality" every time he wastes a set piece...i expect the keeper not to be worked is what i expect when peds is 25 yards out.

It annoys me that the commentators and everyone that does'nt watch rovers much say he's our best player whenever we are on the box or when talking in the pub....by a mile to the neautral he is the best known/biggest star at the club, living off a reputation made years ago that seems fresh in the minds of everyone that does'nt support rovers. So over commentators saying "you expect better with his quality" every time he wastes a set piece...i expect the keeper not to be worked is what i expect when peds is 25 yards out.

You need to seriously have alook look around at what hes playing with.

So over commentators saying "you expect better with his quality" every time he wastes a set piece...i expect the keeper not to be worked is what i expect when peds is 25 yards out.

You have too jaundiced a view of him BRFC1995. His record from set pieces this season is really very good.

My biggest criticism of our direct free kicks from shooting range is not directed at Pederson but that we should have somebody with a good right foot standing over the ball alongside Pederson in order to unsettle the keeper and affect his setting of the wall.

The guy's a legend.

1. 6 years of loyalty, especially in the early days when the likes of Man U were sniffing around.

2. Reguarly top of our assists each season and usually chips in with 5-10 goals.

3. Always plays with a smile on his face and you can tell he's a really nice guy.

4. Never gets wound up or has a sulk when the idiots among our fans use him as a scapegoat and shout abuse.

5. No doubt makes Rovers a bob or 2 as a major celebrity in Norway and is a great ambassador for the club in that respect.

6. Always gives 100% where ever he's asked to play.

7. One of the best set piece takers in the league.

8. Scores the odd world class goal now and again.

Definately one of my favourite players. :tu:

and mine

• Backroom

still amazed we did'nt just let him go in the summer......not even close to the standard i expect from someone taking home 40k+ a week.

there are players in this league at lesser clubs that offer 10x whats peds brings to the table on i'd imagine a hell of a lot less money brunt, dorrans, fella at wolves name escapes me, philips at blackpool......actually every club has wingers clearly of better quality/quicker/more productive.

peds is currently just a shocking waste of money

So Dorrans, Brunt, Phillips and Fella at Wolves have all got 40 goals this season and around the same number of assists or are you just talking rubbish?

Peds is currently about our best outfield player, if we had let him go for nothing imagine where we would be now.

One of Jim's famous quotes could come in handy about now. Come on Jim help me out.

So Dorrans, Brunt, Phillips and Fella at Wolves have all got 40 goals this season and around the same number of assists or are you just talking rubbish?

Peds is currently about our best outfield player, if we had let him go for nothing imagine where we would be now.

One of Jim's famous quotes could come in handy about now. Come on Jim help me out.

? lost me, why 40 goals this season?????? not sure what the argument is

Saying peds is currently our best outfield player whilst not true (samba/nelsen/jones/roberts even) is also not even a compliment, picking the best bad apple from a bag of bad apples.

chris brunt 10/11 season 2 goals 10 assists in 17 games

gamst pedersen 10/11 season 4 goals 4 assists in 17 games and 40K+p/w would'nt have an issue if he was paid what he is worth.

• Backroom

You said they offer 10 times more, Pedersen has scored 4 so far, simple maths I though :rock:

And in my opinion he has certainly been better than Roberts and Jones, maybe Samba or Nelsen is arguable.

For anyone that cares, Peds is actually 18th in the EA Sports Index right now and therefore in the top 10 midfielders so far this season. It's not exactly the best indicator of talent, but if you're that far up on there then clearly you're not performing badly over the course of the season.

Nelsen also makes the top 25.

gamst pedersen 10/11 season 4 goals 4 assists in 17 games and 40K+p/w would'nt have an issue if he was paid what he is worth.

he is paid what he's worth. To bring in someone to replace him would have cost a sizable transfer fee and the same kind of wages we pay him.

Jones has been our best centre mid player this season - by miles. The recent downturn in results has a lot more to do with his injury than Sam leaving/Kean taking over.

The problem for me is that the fact an 18yo central defender is our best midfielder really shows up how poor the rest of them are.

Jones has been our best centre mid player this season - by miles. The recent downturn in results has a lot more to do with his injury than Sam leaving/Kean taking over.

The problem for me is that the fact an 18yo central defender is our best midfielder really shows up how poor the rest of them are.

This is probably the only point I'll ever agree with you on, but this is spot on. Jones was being completely undervalued by our supporters, but from watching him week in, week out you could see that he was doing a tremendous job playing in his new midfield role. He was better than N'zonzi and miles ahead of our other midfielders. He was great at making runs into the box as well and was probably unlucky not to score a couple of goals before his injury.

Losing him was a really sad prospect. Jones and Pedersen together made a strong combination in midfield, but without Jones, Pedersen has gone back to being useless and our midfield is completely devoid of any grit to hold the team together. Grella or N'zonzi need to come back to fill that hole or we need to bring a new player in and fast.

I think Morten is one of the most loyal, honest and straight-up guys at Ewood these days. I feel sorry for all the loyal players that have to go through these uncertain times but reading Morten's blog shows his heart is where our hearts need to lie right now - On the pitch with the lads.

Until the owners show some kind of loyalty, football sense, business sense and connection with who and what Blackburn Rovers really are, we need to back the team with all our hearts and keep a very cautious eye on what is going on behind the scenes.

BRFC 1995 needs to compare Peds getting 40k every time he plays to Dunn who is probably on 3 or 4 times that amount.

That's just ridiculous. Dunn is not on 120 or 160k!

Anyway i'm sure it was reported that Pedersen was the club's highest earner

I think his point is that MGP plays every game, so because of that gets 40k per match. Dunn often misses long stretches through injury or because he isn't selected and so he may end up making about 100k per appearance.

That's just ridiculous. Dunn is not on 120 or 160k!

Anyway i'm sure it was reported that Pedersen was the club's highest earner

Peds can be the highest earner with the performance clauses in his contract, cant remember the specifics though

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had my immigration medical yesterday.

The lady that carried it out was Norwegian. She asked if there was anything I would miss about England to which I replied "Blackburn Rovers".

She asked me if I knew MGP as she used to babysit for him back in Norway.

Small world.

I had my immigration medical yesterday.

The lady that carried it out was Norwegian. She asked if there was anything I would miss about England to which I replied "Blackburn Rovers".

She asked me if I knew MGP as she used to babysit for him back in Norway.

Small world.

Did you get any funny stories out of her about the boy Pedersen?

Archived