BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr Sweary Comes To Town

I don't suppose I'm going to get any advice on this, but I just want to get it off my chest.

I'm in the Blackburn End, have been ever since Adam was a lad.

To my right is my non-sweary brother.

To my left is an apparantly normal bloke.

Apart from his continual, liberal, and perpetual use of....

"F*****g hell.

It's getting to me.

It's non stop.

FH ref (that's the usual one) FH Robinson, FH Roberts, FH Grella, FH linesman...........

Apart from a cotton wool bud in the left ear any suggestions?

All help gratefully f******g received.

Oh F******g hell Colin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could try and sell Robinson, Roberts and f****** Grella I suppose. However refs and linesmen will always need to be f****** swore at as they have been f****** s*** since time began.

For me Colin you'l just have to put up with the f*****. It's the BBE. This is where blokes (and lasses) go to let off steam after all. Personally I too enjoy a thoroughly good swear and rant occasionally on the BBE. Nothing wrong with that so long as it doesn't annoy anyone.

Alternatively move to the Jack Walker stand / move your seat next season to another place in the BBE /chop your left ear off* / have a quiet word with him about his f****** language** / change seats with your brother.

* This did nothing for Van Gogh by the way and he topped himself in the end - last resort this Col.

** He'll probably tell you to "f*** o**" though.

Ha ha, showing your age now Colin. The Jack Walker stand beckons :lol:

You should hear the Woman behind me in the BB end..she would put him to shame...She could swear for England... :rolleyes:

God knows I'm no prude and no angel but in a nutshell that sums up why I've not sat or stood in the Blackburn End since the Riverside was closed off pre JW when I had no option. I don't mind an occasional outburst of swearing but continually shouting swearwords by men and more particularly by women is not an indication of 'letting off steam' it's a certain sign of ignorance by our very own '£2 an hour' brigade.

PS Stay where you are Colin. The JW is definitely not for you. You'd simply be a fish out of water amongst the non Gruniad broad sheet readers I think. ;)

The best way to watch football is from the side. That's why they site the TV cameras there.

However if you lack the vocabulary to express yourself without using foul language then behind the goals, where (How do I say this without insulting people. Maybe my own vocabulary needs extension.) the more vocal and broadminded spectators are situated, is probably the place for you.

• Backroom

I must admit I swear quite a bit when in a verbal emotional tirade at rover's but the guy a bit behind me to the right is in a league of his own, everyone is a 'F***ing (insert nationality here) c**t'

He must use this insult 10 times a game easily, often resorting to blatant racism. Every 30 seconds he tells someone else on the pitch to F off. If you sit in N01 anywhere near row 24ish near the side wall you'll have heard him.

Absolute moron.

I must admit I swear quite a bit when in a verbal emotional tirade at rover's but the guy a bit behind me to the right is in a league of his own, everyone is a 'F***ing (insert nationality here) c**t'

He must use this insult 10 times a game easily, often resorting to blatant racism. Every 30 seconds he tells someone else on the pitch to F off. If you sit in N01 anywhere near row 24ish near the side wall you'll have heard him.

Absolute moron.

It sounds like it's time for you to join the Jack Walker stand snooze fest too :lol:

• Backroom

To be honest it's just the racism that pushes my buttons, that and the fact that at times he's brought his daughter (a toddler) along with him and is still the same.

To be honest it's just the racism that pushes my buttons, that and the fact that at times he's brought his daughter (a toddler) along with him and is still the same.

Why is it racism if he refers to all nationalities as "flippin cats"?

Anyway, I understand the swearing debate but some people I know get white line fever, they are some of the nicest gentle people outside a football ground but as soon as the whistle blows it (Please don't use that word again) this (Please don't use that word again) that.

Actually I knew a couple of girls like that, but I digress...

Sport tends to make people extremely passionate and trying to find more suitable adjectives in the two seconds after an away goal is scored is hard even for the most literate of supporters.

I've only ever sat in the Jack Walker Stand once... we got a penelty (against sunderland last season) and i was up celebrating the fact with everyone else. The woman next to me tapped me on the shoulder and told me in the most ridiculously up-your-own-arse voice 'we havnt scored yet'. OH REALLY! I THOUGHT WHENEVER THE MAN IN THE BLACK SHIRT WITH THE LOVELY WHITE PIPING BLEW HIS WHISTLE, THE TEAMS BOTH GOT FREE GOALS.

what a batty. Never sat there again.

Id say that if you have a season ticket and he does too its best not to say anything. Dont want to make an enemy who you'll have to sit next to at every home game until the end of the season. Swearing is just a part of football unfortunatly. Just be happy with the fact that it could be alot worse.

Swearing does not have to a part of football.

I sit in the Jack walker stand and there are quite a few women and young children around where I sit.

For as long as I can remember there has not been any foul language in the area, I suppose its just being respectful for to the other people who are there.

However, this season some moron has purchased a season ticket right next to us along with his young children and I am amazed that he uses the F word for all and sundry, along with his youngest son who can only just have started school, to hear.

Other people should not have to put up with this behaviour.

Sorry to be a prude, but there is a limit.

I sit in the BBE and take my 11 year daughter, I don't usually mind the swearing (I often resort to it myself) BUT I've got a teenage lad behind me who thinks that just because mummy and daddy aren't with him he needs to use words like c*nt and clumsy, hit shift + 8 again!! all the time and quite a few times both words together in the same sentence

I agree, if there are children around then it shouldnt be acceptable.

A couple of times i have accidentally sworn with children around me, and have apologized to their parents for it.

All I can think of really is if it becomes a nusience and its happening around children, just report it to rovers after the game. If they;re season ticket holders they'll be easy enough to find and be dealt with. I only think this should be a last resort though, for people who are really persistent and foul, and who do it around children.

• Backroom
Why is it racism if he refers to all nationalities as "flippin cats"?

Anyway, I understand the swearing debate but some people I know get white line fever, they are some of the nicest gentle people outside a football ground but as soon as the whistle blows it (Please don't use that word again) this (Please don't use that word again) that.

Actually I knew a couple of girls like that, but I digress...

Sport tends to make people extremely passionate and trying to find more suitable adjectives in the two seconds after an away goal is scored is hard even for the most literate of supporters.

Trust me he's a racist bigot, anyone who is black is subject to 'F**k off (insert player name) you f**king C**n!' One time he even shouted it to someone as they went in for a 50/50 with Samba.

Some people ignorance and stupidity astounds me

Trust me he's a racist bigot, anyone who is black is subject to 'F**k off (insert player name) you f**king C**n!' One time he even shouted it to someone as they went in for a 50/50 with Samba.

Some people ignorance and stupidity astounds me

Racism is one you should definitely report. Swearing is tedious and pointless when it is not used in the heat of the moment but just constantly without thought and especially around younger and often older people who are sometimes more fragile than kids. However, racism is banned and is very much frowned upon by football clubs. After all we can't say fine foreign fans for it if we don't put our own house in order. Don't make a fuss at the time. Either have a word with a senior steward after the match or write to the club with the seat details. They then have to take it seriously. If you're feeling very brave and really want to nail him then record it on whatever you have so there is evidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived