BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr Sweary Comes To Town

And people wonder why the atmosphere in football grounds is shyte.

Rovers Rovers Ra Ra Ra :wacko:

C'mon aggy thats low life stuff. If we have to rely on everybody shouting the f word like numpties for all they are worth simply to provide 'atmosphere' then count me out.

Football and especially football at Ewood should be entertainment for all the family. We need to attract all types too as rather suprisingly we do not have enough boorish, knuckle dragging numpty's in the area to completely fill all 3 sides of the ground.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colin - Move.

People need to be able to express themselves in one part of the ground no matter how boorish, ignorant or unpalletable their views (within the law). This area is the Blackburn End lower.

Back row NO5, now there are some seriously offensive and unbelievably stupid individuals. Be grateful it could be so much worse.

C'mon aggy thats low life stuff. If we have to rely on everybody shouting the f word like numpties for all they are worth simply to provide 'atmosphere' then count me out.

Football and especially football at Ewood should be entertainment for all the family. We need to attract all types too as rather suprisingly we do not have enough boorish, knuckle dragging numpty's in the area to completely fill all 3 sides of the ground.

I believe we should make the atmosphere inside Ewood as hostile ans intimidating as possible to away teams, their fans and the officials (instead of just singing about a second rate club down the road).

The more we can put our opponents off, the better (remember Beckham loosing it and giving the BBE the V sign and getting hauled off by Fergie).

We might get less decisions going against us too.

• 2 weeks later...
Not such a good idea , Eddie ......we already have too much Soviet style grassing and surveillance .

Why can't people just sort out their own problems for once ?

Nanny state Phil..... You knew that really I'm sure.

Oscar - fecking handball for feck's sake (have I got that apostrophe in the correct place?)

Fecking 'ell Eddie what are you fecking well on about?

For fecks sake Theno, that was a fecking abuse, you should be fecking well red-carded.

Aggy, you're a fecking diving fecking fecking cheat.

Looks like I'll just have to live with it then. Or swap seats with my big sound-proofing fecking brother.

Cheers y'all. Let's see how the sweary filter copes with this one.

From page 18 of the Arsenal programme from the game at Highbury a couple of weeks ago ...

[/size]ANTI-SOCIAL TEXT SERVICE - 67777

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour close to you, send a text to 67777 typing in the relevant keyword to describe the anti-social behaviour being experienced: FOUL, RACE, SMOKE, STAND, HPH (for homophobic) or TOUT.

Within the message, ideally we require you to identify your block, row and seat number, and also identify the location of the of the anti-social behaviour, being as precise as possible.

The club will then make every effort to deal with the problem by informing matchday stewards of the situation.

Each text message costs one standard massage at your network rate - messages must be no longer than 160 characters. For terms and conditions, please visit www.arsenal.com.terms

It's on the agenda for next weeks Fans Forum. I don't really have an opinion on this either way, I can see how it might be useful if you have paid 300 quid for a season ticket and your match day experience is being completely devalued by unnaceptable behavioiur 19 times a season.

Phil and tnd - very surprised at your stance on this, as you have both recently had a good moan about not liking going to away games because enjoyment can be spoilt by unruly / loud / standing fellow fans. Clearly this doesn't work for away games, but why would you deny an Ewood ST holder the opportunity to try and improve their own matchday experience at home, if it's being spoilt by the same loutish behaviour which stops you two going to away games?

In a way which is discreet, prevents finger pointing / creating a scene / potentially inflaming the situation?

Phil and tnd - very surprised at your stance on this, as you have both recently had a good moan about not liking going to away games because enjoyment can be spoilt by unruly / loud / standing fellow fans.

Must confess I'm torn between stances. I recognise the value of surveillance techniques but I resent em at the same time.

Its a tricky situation, do you sit and suffer in silence or risk a flashpoint with the person. The youths who sit behind me and insist on calling everybody who makes a mistake ' a fu@king c@nt' get that wound up during the game, I don't think it would be wise to confront them!

If I did 'grass' somebody up, it would be the person who sits a few rows in front who insists on having a sly fag during the game whilst watching the game.

Its a tricky situation, do you sit and suffer in silence or risk a flashpoint with the person. The youths who sit behind me and insist on calling everybody who makes a mistake ' a fu@king c@nt' get that wound up during the game, I don't think it would be wise to confront them!

If I did 'grass' somebody up, it would be the person who sits a few rows in front who insists on having a sly fag during the game whilst watching the game.

Thats Simon Garner :rolleyes:

Surely the surveillance is already there? For something like a football match you have to expect that there are cameras on you, it's not exactly comparable to cameras in your home or anything. All that system provides is that if you are in a situation where someone is not behaving properly then you can make the stewards and police aware of the situation without putting yourself at risk. Even as a man there are certain situations that you know are risky to get involved in, but also think of this for women or children who may be scared. All this can do is improve the effectiveness of the stewards and police and make a better and safer atmosphere at a football ground. Not trying to stop everyone from swearing now, standing up, singing, having had a drink or anything like that, but if you think part of your matchday experience should be being aggressive towards others and making the environment unpleasant and that is what you wish to protect then you have some problems.

I went to spurs game and there was a certain guy who would not stop standing up and shouting. I reckon every second word wasnt meant to be heard by the kids sat around us. Then after the penalty decision he decided that the ref was Jewish and I've never heard so many jewish insults in my life, most of which I didnt even know were - im just assuming. It got so bad that I was going to tell him to shut up because of the kids around, but the stewards removed him.

I felt bad for one kid near me as it was his first ever game and I think he will remember it for the wrong reasons.

Have to add that the stewards dealt with the situation well though.

Phil and tnd - very surprised at your stance on this, as you have both recently had a good moan about not liking going to away games because enjoyment can be spoilt by unruly / loud / standing fellow fans. Clearly this doesn't work for away games, but why would you deny an Ewood ST holder the opportunity to try and improve their own matchday experience at home, if it's being spoilt by the same loutish behaviour which stops you two going to away games?

A season ticket holder can simply go to the ticket office and ask for a replacement seat somehwere else - preferably in an area other than the B-burn End which is bound to have more than its fair share of "boisterous punters" . If they're not up to asking the person involved to shut up then that's fair enough .

The idea of sneakily tapping away on a phone sending anonymous text messages to some steward just doesn't appeal to me . Somewhere along the line you have to take a more direct stance .

As for away games you're only there for one game so it's hardly worth the hassle kicking up a fuss .....even if you move you're just as likely to be near another idiot . Unfortunately the class of away supporter isn't that high I'm afraid - although I'm hopeful that the large number of Jack Walker (Upper) fans travelling to Stoke will improve the odds of being in decent company in a couple of weeks time .... :)

As for away games you're only there for one game so it's hardly worth the hassle kicking up a fuss .....even if you move you're just as likely to be near another idiot . Unfortunately the class of away supporter isn't that high I'm afraid - although I'm hopeful that the large number of Jack Walker (Upper) fans travelling to Stoke will improve the odds of being in decent company in a couple of weeks time .... :)

At Bolton earlier this season my view of the games was being ruined by lad of about 18 who continually stood up and made gestures at the home fans. He had no interest in the game at all, and after 25 minutes I basically picked him up and dumped him down on his seat - telling him not to move unless he was supporting his own team, or if he wanted to continually stand up then to go to the back where there was plenty of room. He never moved an inch, then disappeared for the second half. Probably to bother someone else.

I went to spurs game and there was a certain guy who would not stop standing up and shouting. I reckon every second word wasnt meant to be heard by the kids sat around us. Then after the penalty decision he decided that the ref was Jewish and I've never heard so many jewish insults in my life, most of which I didnt even know were - im just assuming. It got so bad that I was going to tell him to shut up because of the kids around, but the stewards removed him.

I felt bad for one kid near me as it was his first ever game and I think he will remember it for the wrong reasons.

Have to add that the stewards dealt with the situation well though.

You were sitting near Abbey!!

(just kidding, abs)

A season ticket holder can simply go to the ticket office and ask for a replacement seat somehwere else - preferably in an area other than the B-burn End which is bound to have more than its fair share of "boisterous punters" . If they're not up to asking the person involved to shut up then that's fair enough .

The idea of sneakily tapping away on a phone sending anonymous text messages to some steward just doesn't appeal to me . Somewhere along the line you have to take a more direct stance .

I'm sure if you were an OAP you'd be happy to challenge a fat necked gobshite who looks like he lives in Strangeways, wouldn't you?

Why not take a flag and encourage others?

As several people have said, football is a broad church. What we really need is a ground that could be broken up into different sectiond, with each area attracting it's own type of supporter, enjoying their own type of match day experience. Maybe put the most vociferous and those likely to use industrial language in the lower half of the stand behind the goal, those who enjoy reading their broadsheets and tutting at the ref in the upper part of the stand on the halfway line, the bargain hunters, bingo fans and bovril drinkers with travel rugs on the other side, we could even set aside a stand for families, where the kids could be allowed to behave like kids without upsetting the tutters or suffering the industrial language of the louts?

..... oh .... wait ..... we have that don't we ?

I argued about this several times, in several places (sometimes using unfortunate terminology;) ), but I'm all for attracting as many people as possible to rovers, but if you (or anyone you are responsible for) doesn't want industrial language, the Blackburn End is not the place for you. Thankfully, Rovers offer lots of other options. Nobody needs to be excluded, everybody can be accommodating. I agree this isn't possible at away game, but it's perfectly possible at home.

I've found my match day experience has changed because the Blackburn End has changed, simply because I try not to swear around kids, I often think that shouldn't be necessary and I do think it's contributed to me not enjoying match days as once I did.

I hear the odd swear word every now and again in the Blackburn End, usually directed towards the referee or Keith Andrews. Then again a lot chants contain foul language so if your going to cut out swearing I suppose that means thoose chants would no longer be allowed as well. I have probably let out a swear word here and there at a match myself, football is a passionate game and people swear more often when passions are running high.

Archived