BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Player Of The Season - Provisional & Unofficial

Without wishing in any way to steal the thunder of those august official and semi-official fan forums that organise these events, I thought it might be an opportune moment, given the international hiatus to conduct a very unofficial poll as to the BRFCS's provisional player of the season.

I'd like to nominate Chris Samba.

Although some of his performances may have been below par, particularly earlier in the season, it's entirely understandable. Despite playing for virtually the entire season without a recognisable central midfield in front of him and playing alongside out of form or indifferent centrre back partners, Big Chris as never stopped given it his all and putting in some more than half-decent performances. In the last several games the guy has been immense and seems to pop up in all areas of the field. He has led by example and surely deserves to be playing in a better team in which he can reach his full potential as one of the Premier League's best centre half's. Let's hope that will be in a Rovers shirt next season after the board release the purse strings a little for Uncle Sam.

It will be interesting to hear the opinions and proviosional nominations of the other Rovers fans

Warnock for me too. Moved to play in various positions but still always gives 100%. Wobbly at the start of the season and said some things perhaps better forgotten unless he was misquoted but has come through as one of those most committed to keeping us up. Good shout for Samba but when push comes to shove I'd vote Warnock.

Doesn't our player of the season normally hand in a transfer during the summer months? So at the risk of losing him, it's Warnock for me. It could be said that Givet has been the catalyst for a change in our defensive fortunes though, and had it not been for more than a few howling misses Roberts could have found himself in the running but warnock has been Bert mk4 in his absence.

Tough one, before Bert's injury i would have said Bert and Warnock has been pretty good as well this season showing plenty of passion and workrate...

But i think i will go with the OP and go with Samba, he has been an absolute rock under Sam and has given his all to the club. If he continues his development he is going to become a top, top class centre back IMO.

Warnock has been quality all season for us. Samba has been brilliant since Sam has come in. However, i'd like to give Andre Ooijer a special mention. He;s been at RB all season and as we all know it's not his favoured position, but week in week out he has always done a solid job, without many mistakes. So he would be right up there for me.

Warnock has been quality all season for us. Samba has been brilliant since Sam has come in. However, i'd like to give Andre Ooijer a special mention. He;s been at RB all season and as we all know it's not his favoured position, but week in week out he has always done a solid job, without many mistakes. So he would be right up there for me.

To be fair there are no stand out candidates. Emerton would have probably got it because earlier in the season he was the one who could be relied on to at least put in a shift. However, you can't really vote for him with his missing so much of the season.

Samba for me. Not only given his all for the whole season but looks like one of the best centrebacks in the league at the moment. Prone to lapses from time to time (could easily have given away a penalty against West Ham) but all in all a very good player with a big heart.

It is a sad state of affairs where you struggle to pick out anyone who has had a good season. Only Samba, Warnock, Emerton, Roberts and Nelsen have approached the standards they have set in previous seasons and only Samba has exceeded his.

:rover: warnock your having a bloody laugh,the only player who has not let rovers down this season is jason brown,aka harvey :unsure::brfcsmilie:

How would you know Waggy ? You have been absent from Ewood since Ince's demise havent you ?

Or are you basing your view on tv highlights and newspaper reviews ?

Get youself back on the ground and see fo yourself

Hate to say it, but surely one of the 'big clubs' will be in for Samba this summer. He is still learning but he could become one of the best centre backs in the league.

He has played very well recently, and I like the way we are finally making use of his height at the other end of the pitch.

Andrews may yet make a name for himself in the remaining games. I also think that it's impressive that he's kept quiet (as far as I know) about the criticism he's been getting from the fans. He does not seem to be one to go blurting to the media.

Archived