SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pes 2010 - First Details

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
The new Pro Evo needs to be better than FIFA before I buy it again. As someone who has owned all the ISS/PES series. The last one was so poor in comparison to FIFA, it's actually put me off buying it until it's better than FIFA again.

I'm in exactly the same place there. PES peaked at 5 (or arguablly 6) then it was downhill all the way - it's got to go some for me to even consider buying it now. I've been spoilt by FIFA's graphics, licences and above all gameplay and I probably won't go back unless it blows me out of the water.

I still can't get on with Fifa and I know it's inproved tremendously but I still can't get to grips with it.

I'm not some blind fan boy and I know Pro has it's flaws but for me Fifa just misses something and I find it hard to put my finger on it, I buy Fifa every year and after a couple of weeks it just doesn't do it for me.

Very excited about Pro, it 'looks' like they have gone a long way to making some excellent improvements for this version. Hope it turns out as good as it looks.

I know what you mean, I've given it a go but it just never feels like you are in full control of your players, and they are just trying to implement too much, that one touch thing is bloody awful, hardly ever works, could be because im usually only Rovers, and then the players cant control the ball properly without using the damned stick, next we'll be breathing for them

• 5 weeks later...

Minimum Requirements

• Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1

• Intel Pentium IV 2.4GHz or equivalent processor

• 1GB of RAM

• 8GB of free hard disk space

• 4x DVD-ROM Drive

• DirectX 9.0c compatible video card. 128MB Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX or ATI Radeon 9700 video card)

• DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

• DirectX 9.0c or higher (included on disc)

• Multiplayer: TCP / IP 192 kbps or higher

• Windows Compatible Keyboard

• 800 x 600 monitor resolution

Recommended

• Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1

• Intel Core2 Duo 2.0GHz or equivalent processor

• 2GB of RAM

• 8GB of free hard disk space

• 8x DVD-ROM Drive

• DirectX 9.0c compatible video card. 256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 or ATI Radeon HD2400 or better)

• DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

• DirectX 9.0c or higher (included on disc)

• Multiplayer: TCP / IP Broadband Internet connection

• Windows compatible USB Gamepad

• 1280 x 720 monitor resolution

Supported video cards, their family:

NVIDIA - GeForce GTX285, GTX280, GTX260, 9800, 9600, 8800, 8600, 8600, 8500, 7900, 7800, 7600, 7300, 7100, 6800, 6600, FX5900, FX5700, FX5500, FX5200

ATI - Radeon HD4800, HD3800, HD2900, HD2400, X1950, X1900, X1800, X1650, X1600, X1550, X1300, X1050, X800, X700, X550, X300, 9800, 9700

Still waiting for the ps3 demo. . . :mellow:

You will have to wait till about 6pm like every Thursday.

Reading on other forums from people who have downloaded the PC and 360 versions it isnt sounding great. Most common gripe is that the players feel slow on the turn.

I will ignore this until I play it for myself as half the time with these kind of things it can just be fanboys creeping in.

I have said it before and I will say it again. If they are both good then I will get both of them.

Impressions from someone on a PES forum who is usually spot on:

PES Impressions

- Gameplay has slowed down heaps since 09 and the passing is a big bonus. Long Balls feel different, i just did a couple of sweet Xabi Alonso switches and it felt great.( big fan of that)

- Graphics out of this world; for e.g David Silva and Xavi Hernandez WOW

- Defensively the game has improved heaps, no more running around the field with Messi and beating the whole team, this time if you beat 1 you can be sure the next defender will take you out.

- Shooting has improved, had a couple of nice sidefoot finishes with Torres.

-Crowd Involvement; As the home side you will receive plenty of support, when the opposition has the ball there'll be plenty of whistling and booing but once you pull out a great challenge against an opposition from the away side you'll hear the positive roars from the crowd. However that horrible 'wiverpool' chant is still evident.

- Goalkeepers; had a few good shots saved and the initially the ones that were parried were parried to the side instead of the center, however in my last game i scored a typical PES 09 goal which was a shame, but hey that happens in football sometimes ala Yossi Benayoun and Dirk Kuyt- Liverpool V Burnley

The impression that I am getting is that if you liked games such as PES4 and PES5, then you will love this. Konami have gone back to their roots, also that this is a different experience to FIFA (This for me is a good thing as you want variety).

Archived