BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

You read in this thread, that some people "suspected" that Benni was kept back for the Stoke game. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't Waggy.

- and I do agree with you about Allardyce's tactics this season, it's not pretty. Nor is it something I personally would like to watch next season. We will see about that, when the time comes. For the moment Waggy, he's doing more than could reasonably be expected, with a very poor squad inherited from Ince. You would get much more sympathy if you acknowledged that, along with your criticisms. At the moment, your views are too narrow minded.

Considering Liverpool's form and taking into account the number of injuries we had, I think Allardyce knew that we didn't stand much of a chance of getting anything out of the game - his immediate pre-match comments said as much - and, consequently, shielded McCarthy, as our only fit striker, from possible injury with an absolutely vital game coming up the following weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if this were also the case with Pedersen. I fully support this decision and consider it to be a very shrewd one.

On Alladyce's tactics. Well, they have not been pretty, but, at present, Sam is having to enforce tactics upon a team that are not entirely suited to playing them and it shows. Over the next few seasons, however, once he has had the opportunity to bring in personnel better suited to his tactical game, I fully expect our performances to improve. We desperately need a striker with good physical presence who can hold the ball up and win it in the air and I can see Allardyce bringing in a player of this mould. If we can keep Roque fit and playing for the club, then I think we will do well.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Sam. He must be losing it if he genuinely believes a pragmatist like Benitez would think the game was over at 2-0, or even be bothered about making a point to the opposition manager. He's obviously deflecting from his own limitations, aswell as colluding with his mate Fergie against the dirty foreigner. Maybe he should be focused on the game on Saturday instead of trying to stoke the fire in what was a nothing incident.

Poor Sam. He must be losing it if he genuinely believes a pragmatist like Benitez would think the game was over at 2-0, or even be bothered about making a point to the opposition manager. He's obviously deflecting from his own limitations, aswell as colluding with his mate Fergie against the dirty foreigner. Maybe he should be focused on the game on Saturday instead of trying to stoke the fire in what was a nothing incident.

What part of " I admit it was a hard game, a difficult game for us, and we were well beaten by an outstanding Liverpool side." shows that he is deflecting the attention away from himself, also why wait a week before making these comments.

Did you see the gestures from Benitez?, I thought it was in poor taste at the time but was more annoyed at conceding the 2nd goal,so did not think too much of it at the time.

Also what is with the "dirty foreigner" jibe?

What part of " I admit it was a hard game, a difficult game for us, and we were well beaten by an outstanding Liverpool side." shows that he is deflecting the attention away from himself, also why wait a week before making these comments.

Did you see the gestures from Benitez?, I thought it was in poor taste at the time but was more annoyed at conceding the 2nd goal,so did not think too much of it at the time.

Also what is with the "dirty foreigner" jibe?

Benitez showed unbelievable contemp - polishing his nails on his labels, shaking imaginary salad cream at Sam, ironically wiping pretend sweat from his brow and shouting..." I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!” etc. Outrageous. Sam has showed incredible restraint. A week later.

In other news... Sam passes audition for the part of Fergie's mini-me.

Benitez showed unbelievable contemp - polishing his nails on his labels, shaking imaginary salad cream at Sam, ironically wiping pretend sweat from his brow and shouting..." I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!” etc. Outrageous. Sam has showed incredible restraint. A week later.

In other news... Sam passes audition for the part of Fergie's mini-me.

Thats quite amusing, I like your use of hyperbole but the points that Sam made were worth exploring and I'd rather he challenge things than Ince hugging and patting other managers on the back after a 4-0 drubbing. :wacko:

McCarthy must be "gutted" as the only fit striker at the Club to lose his place up front to a defender.

:huh:

"fit" in inverted comma's. Seriously Simon he'd have been worse than useless on Sat. Bm does not appear to have taken on board the fact that we are in a really desperate situation. The realisation that Samba was preferred might serve to make or break him. No denying though that we are in a mess.

As for Kev's cards... I think he is frying bigger fish with the Beeb than with the LT

Reading Cally's comments reminded me that Liverpool supporters are in nosebleed territory now aren't they.

Never before have Liverpool been in either a Premier League title race or a head to head against Ferguson this late in the season.

Nevermind Cally, us Rovers fans know wht its all about- we've been there twice and done it once.

You just need a bit of bottle but of course chances are you will bottle it judging by Rafa's usual reaction to a spot of pressure.

You're right, but people weren't looking at it correctly. After every poor performance under Allardyce (and there have now been quite a few), people would simply put it down to some issue beyond his control or dismiss the result for some reason or another, people weren't looking at the performances over several weeks apart from our points total. As good as the upturn in points was, with the way we were playing it would never last. Now people seem to be realising that all was not so rosey but it may have come just as the proverbial poo hits the fan. People were unhappy with the performance, but all the spin and rationalisation worked wonders.

Don't have the energy to go through the posts, Abbey, but I'm pretty sure most weren't happy with the Liverpool situation at all.

most were tho ma,it was is ok because the masterplan was to beat stoke ,i asked what if it goes tits up with this plan.and it hurts but it has.

• Backroom

I honestly think regardless of what team or formation we put out Liverpool would have destroyed us.

So many of our players are just so.... lax. They really don't seem to care. Most are either disinterested or ineffective (MGP, RSC, Mokoena, McCarthy). Those who do care either aren't good enough (Olsson, Treacy, Andrews, Roberts, Derbs, Tugay) or are never fit enough to contribute (Grella, Dunn, Emerton, Reid). The only players we have that are good enough and tend to give their all are Nelsen, Samba and Givet. Robinson and Diouf fit into a category of their own as they're both useful, but lack the support to flourish as players.

The chronic lack of investment in our squad is biting us in the ar$e big time this season... a couple of sales and a few long term injuries have destroyed a team that last year finished 7th. Though, even last year the warning signs were there (4-1 Birmingham & Coventry).

Reading Cally's comments reminded me that Liverpool supporters are in nosebleed territory now aren't they.

Never before have Liverpool been in either a Premier League title race or a head to head against Ferguson this late in the season.

Nevermind Cally, us Rovers fans know wht its all about- we've been there twice and done it once.

You just need a bit of bottle but of course chances are you will bottle it judging by Rafa's usual reaction to a spot of pressure.

Why, did football only start in 1992?

Ah, I get, the rebranding gives the league title more importance...or something.

Must try harder.

Sammy Lee on the Benitez gesture ...

"Certainly, any gestures that are made pitchside are to our players, not to anyone else," said Lee.

"I'm surprised he [Allardyce] didn't mention anything to me when we were sat having a drink after the game," added Lee.

"No one mentioned anything, and I'm sure if anyone felt strongly about it they would have. But we'll move on."

Why our manager is doing RFWs dirty work and not earning his 40K per week by concentrating on the job in hand I don't know. He's made himself look stupid.

cally. This is Liverpool's first he'd to head with Ferguson. It is also your first Premier League title challenge.

I rather fear Ewood OT emirates and Stamford Bridge will remain the closest Liverpool will get to seeing that particular trophy next season as well

Archived