BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'taking Back' The Darwen End

I have never ever understood some people. Why the hell are we such a walk over, EVERY other club has away fans in the same stand as home fans. Yet we are the only ones who have this "increase the allocation to minimise problems" mentality.

Shove the gets right at the back on the Darren End upper - netting over the front few rows - tickets will only be sold to regular away fans so any trouble makes can be dealt with on the back of the extensive CCTV coverage of the Darren End.

For gods sake - even if the lower tier is EMPTY that is better than 7000 of them.

100% agree.....Its manageable at other clubs so why not at Ewood.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely support this but would the club do it?

No.

No one thought they would drop season ticket prices again either....

never say never...

I still fully advocate Rovers fans everywhere in the ground. Even if its dingles lower, Rovers upper. But like has been said - other clubs do it - Rovers can as well.

YES, it could VERY EASILY be that bad. When i was 9, we beat them 5-0 (hurrah!!). But a bunch of dingles in their late 20's beat me and my dad up. Dad was ok (just) but i was in a coma for 2 weeks. As a 9 year old!!! I'm not violent, but would quite happily shoot the guys who did that to us.

Not that i wish to tar all burnley fans as sick, but most of them ACT like total chavs.

It's a shame because if it wasn't for football rivalry being so hyped up, there could be many friendships made.

Bugger!

It's one of the games I was referring to myself though and in neither that nor the away fixture did I see any trouble. Shows it can happen though.

The club HAS to do 4 games, and the 4 teams who will bring the biggest allocations are

United Liverpool Burnley City/Everton. I am afraid that money will talk. Maybe contact he club?!

I still think back to bollocking a chav in the cup match at the dingledome for chucking coins at the keeper.

why? cos he hadnt thrown one of the dismantled sinks ;)

Not saying that, I'm saying we should give them a corner/tier/side( being one end upper/lower tier) max to the extent the FA say we should give.

I did say that home fans should be the first consideration.

like i said earlier ,the "paddock" in the JW stand only and stuff em....had to laugh at irani this morning he said to brazil..."old school derby al, never mind the police it may need nato ".

Deary me.

Some of the posts on this thread since yesterday have been cringingly embarassing.

I'm a law abiding, tax paying, 40 something husband and father who in no way advocates violence at football (or anywhere else for that matter) but some of you seriously need to strap a pair on.

cant believe some people on this board ..... they need to get a grip and grow some backbone!

EXACTLY ....BRING EM ON

Some were giving me crap about our cheap tickets today...i asked them how much their 6500 free ones were costing and i kid you not his face went blank and said wtf you on about haha

To put dingles in the top tier and allow Rovers fans at the bottom is asking for trouble, as is seperating the two down the half by some stewards or netting.

There are only 2 sensible options. The whole stand or just the bottom tier with the upper tier sold to rovers fans.

To put dingles in the top tier and allow Rovers fans at the bottom is asking for trouble, as is seperating the two down the half by some stewards or netting.

There are only 2 sensible options. The whole stand or just the bottom tier with the upper tier sold to rovers fans.

Bloody hell Hughesy, I thought you had a bit of sense.

Have you lost the plot Hughesy or is there some sinister motive behind what you suggest.

Lets just kidnap the officials, hide all the balls and 'get into em', does that sound better Hughesy.

Deary me.

Some of the posts on this thread since yesterday have been cringingly embarassing.

Too right .

Surely even our police "service" are capable of sticking the inbreds safely in the top tier and sending them back home without buggering it up .

1...Why not give the hill trolls half the bottom tier (it`s designed to be split for segregation purposes)

2...you can leave a whole block of empty seats in the middle with netting & stewards/rozzers between the two sets of fans.

3...the Darwen End season ticket holders who`ve been asked to move, can be moved upstsairs so WE can be above the scum. ;) That`ll really upset the applecart. Let them worry about missiles :unsure:

What`s the point in "taking Ewood back" when you roll over & submit to your arch rivals??

I say....give them the minimum 3000 tickets, bus them in 2hours before kick-off, make them wait 2hours after final whistle, sell no beer or food to them, then bus them out......& charge them top dollar for the pleasure! ;)

GERRIN2EM!!!!!

come on, really!! I dont see what all the fuss is about. there is segregation in place in the Darwen end, have people forgot that it was used for about 14 (ish) seasons and held 2 sets of fans. the sets of doors between are pretty strong. All it would take is a couple of cops with those camera helmets on. I think leaving the middle section empty with police in the dingle end and stewards in the rovers side and i see no problem at all.

get the burnley fans out of the busses into the stands and let the rovers fans down the back of the riverside

As a last resort (because of police) Burnley should be given the top tier and the bottom left empty. I dont understand peoples arguement of "might as well give them the whole stand" give them the minimum, cut the chance of potential trouble. and keep them quiet

I believe so, but it's not that strong and it'd only take one plonker to smash it open and have a 4,000 man brawl.

I think you would bw suprised. I went through the door between the 2 sections and it looked pretty solid. Equally the stewards and police would be making sure nobody went near it.

Wouldn't have thought it would be an issue, can't see the club giving them the fan advantage when they can control a smaller crowd better and probably at a lower overall cost, than trying to manage a full stand of dingles.

I think most people are overexaggerating the threat here. We have some nutters that they will be concerned about and vice versa. It's all part and parcel.

I think it would be fine with a massive no-mans land between the two sets of supporters with nobody on the top tier, but to be honest I presume the club/police will think differently and give them an allocation similar to last time.

Like I say we have some heavy lads aswell and Bumley will be facing an equally sizeable problem. One things for sure though, we need to move away from the goody two shoes family approach that we used to have at Ewood and keep moving towards the hatred-filled atmospheric stadium that we know it can be when we all make it that. We need to deck Ewood out with more flags and turn that music down and encourage some more chanting.

I thought it was pretty ace against West Brom on the last day - and a Darwen End full of Rovers certainly played it's part.

Archived