BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'taking Back' The Darwen End

£250 season tickets in blackburn end/ Riverside etc (gauranteed seat)

£200 season ticket in Darwen End lower - however unreserved seating?

Morten - The cup scheme still applies doesnt it? I know it does for away tickets if you are signed up to it

I cant really tie myself to the away ticket scheme for family and work commitments. However, I did look when renewing my season ticket last season and I'm sure there was no option for home cup tickets. I could be mistaken but I did look for it.

Am I right in thinking the cheap tickets in the Darwen End are unreserved at the moment? It seems to be working, has anyone heard any complaints? I think it is fair that there would be less 'perks' to cheap seats.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I right in thinking the cheap tickets in the Darwen End are unreserved at the moment? It seems to be working, has anyone heard any complaints? I think it is fair that there would be less 'perks' to cheap seats.

Yeah, they are. It seem's to have worked so i say get season tickets sold there at the rate previously mentioned.

I'd only move them to other area's of the ground for the Man Utd & Liverpool fixtures too (possibilly Burnley if they come up), as they are the only clubs that will gaurentee 7000+ people paying £35 a head, and i think that kind of income is too good to miss out on.

Yeah, they are. It seem's to have worked so i say get season tickets sold there at the rate previously mentioned.

I'd only move them to other area's of the ground for the Man Utd & Liverpool fixtures too (possibilly Burnley if they come up), as they are the only clubs that will gaurentee 7000+ people paying £35 a head, and i think that kind of income is too good to miss out on.

I don't think anyone can argue with that. They used to move Darwen End season ticket holders for the bigger games so that would be fair enough.

Like you say, 7,000 fans at a premium of £35/head is good business if you ask me... I still think the rest of the ground should be standard ticket prices for the bigger games though, a bit of payback to the fans. We would have more chance of a full house more often and then that will bring a sense of urgency for fans to buy tickets for future games so they don't miss out. It seems a bit simple but I think it's the way forward.

I don't think anyone can argue with that. They used to move Darwen End season ticket holders for the bigger games so that would be fair enough.

Like you say, 7,000 fans at a premium of £35/head is good business if you ask me... I still think the rest of the ground should be standard ticket prices for the bigger games though, a bit of payback to the fans. We would have more chance of a full house more often and then that will bring a sense of urgency for fans to buy tickets for future games so they don't miss out. It seems a bit simple but I think it's the way forward.

I don't think premier league rules would allow that. You have to charge home and away fans the same amount for similar seating, or at least I remember hearing something along those lines.

If getting fans all round the ground is so important to Big Sam I would be tempted to move the Family Stand back into the Riverside leaving the Blackburn end upper tier empty.

Do you sit in the BBE Family Stand? and if so is the BBE Family Stand inferior to the Riverside Family Stand?

I'm all for improving the facilities for families and making it affordable as we want today's kids to be tomorrows hard core fans.

If the top tier of the BBE was to be left empty/Family Stand moved, then that is surely another area for the cheap seats?

I think having home fans in all four sides is important to a majority of fans as well as Big Sam.

I don't think premier league rules would allow that. You have to charge home and away fans the same amount for similar seating, or at least I remember hearing something along those lines.

That's fair enough, if that is the case I wasn't aware of that. I'm sure I've been to away games in the past when home tickets have been cheaper than away tickets, but they could possibly have bee 'restricted view' etc.

Do you sit in the BBE Family Stand? and if so is the BBE Family Stand inferior to the Riverside Family Stand?

I'm all for improving the facilities for families and making it affordable as we want today's kids to be tomorrows hard core fans.

If the top tier of the BBE was to be left empty/Family Stand moved, then that is surely another area for the cheap seats?

I think having home fans in all four sides is important to a majority of fans as well as Big Sam.

That's fair enough, if that is the case I wasn't aware of that. I'm sure I've been to away games in the past when home tickets have been cheaper than away tickets, but they could possibly have bee 'restricted view' etc.

Moving the family stand would leave a lot of people having to sit in places they don't want to sit. Why would you want to take your kids into the Riverside? in the BBE upper they are safe and the facilities are much better. they are much less likely to get soaked if it rains, important to families with young kids. Leaving the BBE is a definite no for me. I really like sitting there.

Moving the family stand would leave a lot of people having to sit in places they don't want to sit. Why would you want to take your kids into the Riverside? in the BBE upper they are safe and the facilities are much better. they are much less likely to get soaked if it rains, important to families with young kids. Leaving the BBE is a definite no for me. I really like sitting there.

Good call Gumboots, my season ticket is in the BBE but I have never been in the top tier. I was wondering why on earth anyone would want to sit on the Riverside open to the elements rather than top tier BBE...

Everyone to their own though. Bob The Builder mentioned earlier about moving the Family Stand back to the Riverside, I though maybe Bob was from the Family Stand and preferred it on the Riverside.

Why are there no " cheap " tickets for the last home game?

My son paid £10 for the pompey game ( I am a season ticket holder, so got the ticket ) but for the WBA game the tickets are back up to £21 ( Jack Walker stand ). Surely this is a backward step and a chance missed. What will the crowd be and what could it have been? He bought a couple of pints and a pie and aprogramme and so did his 2 mates.

Says it all.

the club are missing out again if they don't reduce the prices again for the west brom game. After the last two games against Wigan and Pompey, they should know by now if the price is right the fans will turn up. If its back to silly prices again, it will be a half empted staduim again

My son paid £10 for the pompey game ( I am a season ticket holder, so got the ticket ) but for the WBA game the tickets are back up to £21 ( Jack Walker stand ). Surely this is a backward step and a chance missed. What will the crowd be and what could it have been? He bought a couple of pints and a pie and aprogramme and so did his 2 mates.

Says it all.

There was quite a good deal on for the Darwen End you might have read about. I paid £20 for 3 tickets and gave away the one I couldn't get to making it a tenner for 2 games. If he'd been quicker he could've gone for that.

Says it all.

The club are clearly expecting a good crowd anyway for West Brom. As others have said they have already "given away" 4,800 tickets at £20 for 3 games, plus the family and friends offer for Portsmouth. It's the last match of the season and fans are planning a farewell for Tugay. The club are also clearly concerned about West Brom fans buying tickets in the home area, particularly if the game still matters to them as they are only selling tickets to those on the database for the game.

There was quite a good deal on for the Darwen End you might have read about. I paid £20 for 3 tickets and gave away the one I couldn't get to making it a tenner for 2 games. If he'd been quicker he could've gone for that.

The £20 for 3 games was a great deal that was well publicised. I wasn't too sure about the idea at first but I think it has been a real hit. Well done to the marketing dept.

If Rovers sold tickets on the cheap (tickets are available to season ticket holders for £10 & £5 concessions, again Rovers are looking after the fans) that would leave the people buying the '3 for £20' tickets hard done by.

Rovers just can't win with our fickle fans. The club still needs to make money where it can. Let's stop complaining and get down to Ewood a week on Saturday and get behind the lads and give Tugay a good send off.

The £20 for 3 games was a great deal that was well publicised. I wasn't too sure about the idea at first but I think it has been a real hit. Well done to the marketing dept.

If Rovers sold tickets on the cheap (tickets are available to season ticket holders for £10 & £5 concessions, again Rovers are looking after the fans) that would leave the people buying the '3 for £20' tickets hard done by.

Rovers just can't win with our fickle fans. The club still needs to make money where it can. Let's stop complaining and get down to Ewood a week on Saturday and get behind the lads and give Tugay a good send off.

don't go on a week on saturday, u might be on your own!!

I think the club should do all they can to try and make sure the ground is full for Tugay's farwell game.

The club have done enough to get fans in for the final 3 games - to complain about the offer not being £10 for this game is daft. They cant offer massive discounts every game or season ticket holders will get annoyed. The family & friends initiative was obviously another option they are considering hence why they 'tested' it - they cant be expected to do that deal week in week out.

£10+£10 = £20, Your son and his mates should of got their tickets in that Darwen end deal and then they would of got an extra game for the £10 deals you were hoping for - says it all really.

I just cannot believe some people on here - the club bend over backwards and STILL people moan and complain :angry: I've been told that the 3 for £20 deal has made the club look again at the Season Ticket policy for next season - which is a good problem to have **waits for somebody to complain about this next**

I paid £20+ for my Pompey ticket.

Eddie, perfectly OK to charge £35 to Manc etc supporters in the Darwen End so long as the one off price for that game is also £35 in the Blackburn End.

Having an unreserved seating deal in the Darwen End which doesn't apply for specified Grade A games or requires movement to elsewhere in the ground for Grade A games would not impact on this.

Offering 15 games for £150 unreserved seating in the Darwen End or 15 games in the Darwen End unreserved plus allocated seats elsewhere for the four Grade A games for £250 might seem to be the way to go.

My Nephew is coming for the West Brom match and managed to get the seat next to mine.... the club has done more than most to try to encourage fans to come back to Rovers...Now those fans should do their bit for the club and come for the final match of the season and raise the roof for Tugay's last game...At least we can enjoy the game and not worry about relegation...I hope there is a nice surprise when the season ticket prices are announced......

I think the club should do all they can to try and make sure the ground is full for Tugay's farwell game.

Give me bloody strength, would you like a limo to get to the ground as well?

Next time why not write "I think the fans should do all they can to try and make sure the ground is full for Tugay's farewell game."

Says it all.

It does indeed say it all.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Next time why not write "I think the fans should do all they can to try and make sure the ground is full for Tugay's farewell game."

The West Brom game's on Sunday, disgruntled...

:lol:

a bus will be fine!!!,

Apparently West Brom are expected to sell all 3000 now

Hardly a surprise, its their last game in the Premier League, they'd ave probably sold 7000 had the club give them that allocation.

What that does is guarantee a 26000+ attendance

Archived