BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'taking Back' The Darwen End

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle fans sit in the same stand as Sunderland fans,Villa next to Brum,Mancs next to Scousers with usually no problems....some of the most hated rivalries in the counrty.The trick here is the away sides allocation is limited and tickets sold strictly to season ticket holders only.If Burnley are allocated the whole stand watch their tickets go on open sale allowing any crackpot to buy then....its happened before.

You would have thought the boys in blue would have learnt thier lesson by now round these parts.

Mark my words,watch East Lancashire police take the easy option and give the Clarrott dollopers the whole stand when we could have filled the bottom tier ourselves. :angry:

Premier league rules

15% or 3000 tickets whichever is the greater is it not ?

The Police will advise on security measures and safety issues, I dont think they can demand that Rovers allow 7000 dingles into our ground. I think if anything they would be happy with a reduced allocation such as the top tier because oit makes the whole operation somewhat easier.

They will have a far bigger issue when Rovers take to Burnley.

Premier league rules

15% or 3000 tickets whichever is the greater is it not ?

The Police will advise on security measures and safety issues, I dont think they can demand that Rovers allow 7000 dingles into our ground. I think if anything they would be happy with a reduced allocation such as the top tier because oit makes the whole operation somewhat easier.

They will have a far bigger issue when Rovers take to Burnley.

Kind of but the worry would be that the other 4000 would travel to Blackburn anyway but just not in the ground - making them harder to police.

I await with interest on how to club play this one but I agree with some other posters that the police will take the easy option. We'll see.

Didn't the club say that the other 5 matches would be available at reduced pricing? It sounds to me that the Darwen End Lower will be sold at single match prices for the big matches to Rovers fans.

Great chant this weekend after being mocked by the baggie fans "If you're staying up, stand up, if you're staying up, stand up!"

Bit off topic but I thought the approved plans for redeveloping t'turf cuts capacity by 2000 to make space for t'dingle corner shop.

I believe it is proposed to be replaced by a 2500 seater stand from the current 4000 (ish).

However, not heard any concrete plans for the work starting - and surely they are stupid enough to do it in their only top flight season?

Err yes. You do know how much Burnley hate us? They had no problems throwing coins at Southampton fans, or at Drogba.

So, corden the first three rows of the top tier off with the netting we used to use at front of the lower tier.

Making 2600 tickets (still acceptable due to segregation and safety issues.

Only on sale to season ticket holders at the DingleDome. meaning everyone is recorded as to their seat purchase and big brother will see what happens....

I still think back to bollocking a chav in the cup match at the dingledome for chucking coins at the keeper.

Someone pointed out that Liverpool/Mancs sit next to each other ok - well obviously thats not the same as ABOVE each other. Im pretty sure if Man Utd fans sat above the Liverpool fans there would be far more problems. Plus i think the Rovers/Burnley rivalry is fuelled by pure hate esp as we havent met in the league for 9 years. Yes other league rivalries are similar but i think the genuine anger between the fans is a bit different.

There's no chance Burnley will only get 3000, it would be an absolute nightmare. They should, and quite rightly from a safety point of view be given the whole Darwen End. Having the two sets of fans in such close proximity would have nasty consequences esp as they'd both have to enter the Darwen End from the same entrances. Those people saying that its unfair on rovers fans, well its for their safety.

I dont know about you but i wouldnt feel safe if 3,000 Burnley fans were situated in the tier above me.

The Darwen End could be segregated down the middle for their visit then.

That should be the answer Aggy Blue providing the top can be segregated - do you think anybody will consider it though - anyway as already mentioned why can't the first row of seats be meshed /netted off etc.

Doubt 4 thousand etc of em would turn up without tickets anyway if tickets where sold to S/T holders/members only - where the hell do they think they would go (Pubs shut etc) - Police would have them turned around in no time.

With the likelihood it being on TV anyway and an early kick off

Anyway why worry - get stick you give it back - its a Derby for Christ sake.

We have far more problems than them to worry about - especially the shower of Sheite we saw on Sunday.

Home fans should be the first consideration. Then:

Away fans should be given, let's say, one side/tier/corner of a stand that can be effectively policed.

Away fans should be charged what Rovers fans are charged when visiting those cubs.

Home fans should be the first consideration. Then:

Away fans should be given, let's say, one side/tier/corner of a stand that can be effectively policed.

Away fans should be charged what Rovers fans are charged when visiting those cubs.

Why the hell should the facecombers get the whole Darren End? Will they give us 7000 tickets at their pigsty?

Why the hell should the facecombers get the whole Darren End? Will they give us 7000 tickets at their pigsty?

Not saying that, I'm saying we should give them a corner/tier/side( being one end upper/lower tier) max to the extent the FA say we should give.

I did say that home fans should be the first consideration.

Anything more than allowing 3000 Dingles in would be disgraceful from the Rovers owners.

The policing would be easier to manage a whole lot easier especialy after last time when Blackburn looked like it had just become similar to Northern Ireland at the height of the troubles witrh the massive police presence at every pub in Blackburn town centre.

To go beyond and allow more than 3000 Dingles into Blackburn would be wholly irresponsible for all concerned.

Anything more than allowing 3000 Dingles in would be disgraceful from the Rovers owners.

The policing would be easier to manage a whole lot easier especialy after last time when Blackburn looked like it had just become similar to Northern Ireland at the height of the troubles witrh the massive police presence at every pub in Blackburn town centre.

To go beyond and allow more than 3000 Dingles into Blackburn would be wholly irresponsible for all concerned.

No problems with that, JAL, as long as the rovers supporters weren't disrupted, and they got the same allocation as the rovers got at their ground at the same price.

BTW, I'm just not talking about Bumley, I'm talking about all teams.

I went to a Liverpool v United game at Anfield with my dad a few years back.

He got the tickets through work so we weren't going to say no, however we were sat in the United away section and I can assure you that there were all sorts flying down from the scoucers above. Plastic bottles, coins lighters etc and after the game they also charged the United fans as they made their way accross Stanley park.

I can assure you now that if the dingles get the upper tier of the Darwen end there will be problems.

As dumpy as their stadium is, I think it probably still meets the benchmark. More to the point, will they have any money to redevelop? The Premiership is not a gold mine of funds because all those funds go on overheads. And this could kill Burnley if they spent up and then got relegated. Shame.

And it has hosted an international (U21 or England B vs Albania IIRC).

I don't see Lancs plod allowing 8000 clarrots just like they didn't allow us to offer Stoke 8000 this season (was it 4700 or something?).

People shouldnt use the argument that we shouldnt allow the dingles 7000 because they wouldnt give us 7000 - thats stupid, its obviously a different case completely, we have a whole stand which can fit 7k, they obviously do not. Its not about allowing exactly the same number of Burnley fans into Ewood as Rovers fans to Turf Moor because thats pathetic. We allow Man Utd/City/Liverpool 7,000 without too much fuss.

The problem is ENTIRELY down to whether its wise to have the two sets of fans in the same stand. Numbers are obviously significant, but i reckon 3,000 Burnley fans would cause far more problems if sectioned directly next to or above 3,000 Rovers fans, then if they would get the whole Darwen End. There would need to be more stewards but it would be easier to Police simply because there would be clear barriers between the fans.

As i metioned earlier, i would feel very uncomfortable if there were 3,000 Burnley fans sat in the same stand as i was. Segregating half the fans down the middle of the Darwen End would be more sensible then just giving them the upper tier, but it would still be very possible for something to kick off.

Its a no brainer, obviously they should get the whole stand, i would be appalled if it was any other way. Yes some Rovers fans will miss out, but it'd be far too dangerous to have it any other way.

People shouldnt use the argument that we shouldnt allow the dingles 7000 because they wouldnt give us 7000 - thats stupid, its obviously a different case completely, we have a whole stand which can fit 7k, they obviously do not. Its not about allowing exactly the same number of Burnley fans into Ewood as Rovers fans to Turf Moor because thats pathetic. We allow Man Utd/City/Liverpool 7,000 without too much fuss.

The problem is ENTIRELY down to whether its wise to have the two sets of fans in the same stand. Numbers are obviously significant, but i reckon 3,000 Burnley fans would cause far more problems if sectioned directly next to or above 3,000 Rovers fans, then if they would get the whole Darwen End. There would need to be more stewards but it would be easier to Police simply because there would be clear barriers between the fans.

As i metioned earlier, i would feel very uncomfortable if there were 3,000 Burnley fans sat in the same stand as i was. Segregating half the fans down the middle of the Darwen End would be more sensible then just giving them the upper tier, but it would still be very possible for something to kick off.

Its a no brainer, obviously they should get the whole stand, i would be appalled if it was any other way. Yes some Rovers fans will miss out, but it'd be far too dangerous to have it any other way.

You sound like a Dingle, never read so much nonsense, advise is stay at home when we play the Dingles.

Anyone up for contacting the club about this? Without anyone saying anything it is likely they will take the easy option and give them the whole stand, like every other time we've played them.

Archived