BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Campaign For Tugay Testimonial

Has anyone had any issues getting a Turkey shirt printed with Tugay's name on it? Or any other shirts for that matter.

JJB won't print it because I didn't buy it from there and Sports Direct / Sportsworld won't do it because they only have premier league letters and numbers and they tell me apparently its illegal for international shirts to be printed with premier league numbers/letters. I've never heard of anything so stupid in all my life - no wonder both the sports firms are on their @rse! Miserable feckers :angry:

I'm stuck for anywhere else to go to.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After I think.

Mine arrived in the post this morning. A pretty decent shirt, I'll still be buying the club shop version though. May give this one to my girlfriend for the match.

Shirts arrived this morning - fair play to the guy

Somebody on either this or the official board said that the 1000 shirt availability was surprising as the demand would far exceed this and it has proved to be the case (not that it's surprising)! I would possibly go down and get one if they did get more, as a memento more than anything else but do feel they missed a trick as the potential for many many sales tomorrow from stalls etc around the ground will be missed out on.

Just been in the club shop & all the Tugay T-shirts sold out(shazbad!).

The staff said they may get some more next week.

Looks like the club seriously underestimated the demand.

Yep, I had the same problem.

Still at least the great man himself was in there, being interviewed for what i think was turkish tv.

Just been in the club shop & all the Tugay T-shirts sold out(shazbad!).

The staff said they may get some more next week.

Looks like the club seriously underestimated the demand.

Same here - went down about 2pm and she said they sold that fast they didnt even put them on hangers. GUTTED!!

I sent my parents down for two - one for me and for for our Dubai based contingent. They got to the shop around 1000 and there was about 70 in the queue before them, and when they left - after getting themselves tshirts as well! - the queue was out the door and snaking towards McDonalds. OK, that bit was exaggerated, but it's the tshirt equivalent to the Celtic tickets!

Has anyone had any issues getting a Turkey shirt printed with Tugay's name on it? Or any other shirts for that matter.

JJB won't print it because I didn't buy it from there and Sports Direct / Sportsworld won't do it because they only have premier league letters and numbers and they tell me apparently its illegal for international shirts to be printed with premier league numbers/letters. I've never heard of anything so stupid in all my life - no wonder both the sports firms are on their @rse! Miserable feckers :angry:

I'm stuck for anywhere else to go to.

Huddersfield Sportworld did mutter something about "we've only got Premierleague numbers" to which I replied "I didn't honestly think you'd have Turkish nationa ones" and they didn't have a problem with the printing after that.

Sadly can't make tomorrow we said our goodbyes at the Portsmouth game, my boys wore their Galatasaray shirts with Tugay on the back - don't really need to ask but please give him the send off he deserves for us - in my near 40 years down at Ewood he has given me almost as as much pleasure as Mrs grinder!

And here I was thinking "smoking a fag" was a different expression in England than in the US!

His family is also here today, at least saw his father and brother down at Ewood a bit ago.

Archived