BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Campaign For Tugay Testimonial

Only the current manager can't see Tugay's value. The Maestro is being forced out by a dinosaur.

I take your point but when a racehorse finishes it ends up as dog meat.

Everybody loves Tugay but if he's not going onto the pitch he's really got nothing to bring to the party has he? Tell you what the average wage in this area is about 19k. So if he'll accept that to look after the youngsters and do a bit of PR on match days and through the week then it'd be great if he stays. Thats fair enough imo Tris but can you see that happening?

Watch out though ... all this whingeing cos Ince was sacked after turning out to be the dud that I'd predicted before he signed plus all this talk of spending Sat aft in the bar too ............... I think you're turning into waggy mk2. :unsure:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree on that point - I cant see Tugay accepting a low enough wage to stay on our books at this point. The best thing for him to do is to take a break, relax and then complete his badges. Once they are complete, come back to us and work as a coach. We have offered him the chance to come back as a qualified coach, cant be any fairer than that.

Says in today's LT that:

"Fans from the English Galatasaray fan club ‘UltrAslan’ will be travelling to Ewood on May 24 for the visit of the Baggies and are appealing for the home fans to join them in celebrating the Turk’s career."

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport..._off_for_Tugay/

For those who can't view the article:

Sercan Karates, of ‘UltrAslan’ said: “Me and a group of other Galatasaray fans will be travelling up to Ewood Park to give our support to Tugay with our Galatasaray/Turkey kits and flags/posters from London.

"I have been in contact with a few people, some from Blackburn supporters club and I will be calling up the club.

“I have spoken to many Blackburn Rovers fans about the ‘Turkish day’ on 24th May and got a great response where everyone is really happy to take part in.

“The whole point of ‘Turkish day’ is for everyone to wear Tugay shirts and bring Turkey flags or wear Turkey kits to show their support to Tugay’s eight-year service at the club.

"It would be an amazing atmosphere for Tugay who deserves all the best as he has given his best years to Blackburn.

“Tugay is loved by many and is a legendary player for both Galatasaray and Blackburn as a result I am trying to work with the Blackburn fans to get this going which at the moment is going very well, everyone wants to help in making Tugay very proud and show their respects to him.”

=============

UltrAslan by the looks of it have a bit of a rep when it comes to football hooliganism, but you would think it would be pretty peaceful and there shouldn't be any trouble as they are there to pay their respects to Tugay.

Can whoever is responsible for the facebook malark sort out this request please?

"A Facebook page has already been set up to campaign for a testimonial for the Turk, with almost 8,000 supporters now signed up to the online petition.

Rovers are understood to be keen on honouring Tugay’s contribution but the idea for a testimonial would have to be submitted to them by another party"

Says in today's LT that:

"Fans from the English Galatasaray fan club ‘UltrAslan’ will be travelling to Ewood on May 24 for the visit of the Baggies and are appealing for the home fans to join them in celebrating the Turk’s career."

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport..._off_for_Tugay/

For those who can't view the article:

Sercan Karates, of ‘UltrAslan’ said: “Me and a group of other Galatasaray fans will be travelling up to Ewood Park to give our support to Tugay with our Galatasaray/Turkey kits and flags/posters from London.

"I have been in contact with a few people, some from Blackburn supporters club and I will be calling up the club.

“I have spoken to many Blackburn Rovers fans about the ‘Turkish day’ on 24th May and got a great response where everyone is really happy to take part in.

“The whole point of ‘Turkish day’ is for everyone to wear Tugay shirts and bring Turkey flags or wear Turkey kits to show their support to Tugay’s eight-year service at the club.

"It would be an amazing atmosphere for Tugay who deserves all the best as he has given his best years to Blackburn.

“Tugay is loved by many and is a legendary player for both Galatasaray and Blackburn as a result I am trying to work with the Blackburn fans to get this going which at the moment is going very well, everyone wants to help in making Tugay very proud and show their respects to him.”

=============

UltrAslan by the looks of it have a bit of a rep when it comes to football hooliganism, but you would think it would be pretty peaceful and there shouldn't be any trouble as they are there to pay their respects to Tugay.

If we are mathematically safe by then fine if not we need to concentrate on the main issue.

He's exactly what we need to link what kids see on the TV or at Ewood to what we want to see coming out of Brockhall.

I'm sure the club would allow him time to do his badges and play a part. He's settled having been here 8 years. Let him do his badges as an employee.

Only the current manager can't see Tugay's value.

The club IMO could be missing out on what seems to be a chance to improve its image in the town and surrounding areas . I've long believed every school should have a pro player visiting it once a year to spead the word and who better than Tugay to perform such a function whilst doing his coaching badges . What better way to promote the season ticket sales also ..../

(All dependant on his career plans of course ....)

Guest Vinjay606

Or if he's like his fellow countrymen perhaps it should be called Türkiye day. After all that is the correct spelling and they did voice their irritation at being named after a bird in the Sunderland fixture against England.

David Dunn has visited schools including one visit in which he referred to BRFC as a "small club." Now that's going to get their support that type of mentality isn't it? Not to mention Dunn's disrespectful remark in the first place.

• Backroom

Vinjay we are a relatively small club, live with it. It's not an insult.

In the big pond of world football these days BRFC hardly make a ripple.

I want a Turkey top but I can only find XL or XXl for a decent price on ebay. I'm after a small. May just get a big one and wear it baggy.

Guest Vinjay606

It is an insult as far as I'm concerned. It's disrespectful to the club and to Jack Walker's achievements. What sort of PR message is Dunn sending?

• Backroom
It is an insult as far as I'm concerned. It's disrespectful to the club and to Jack Walker's achievements. What sort of PR message is Dunn sending?

Maybe Dunny wasn't on a PR exercise, he speaks as both a Rovers player and as a lifelong Rovers fan.

The way you carry on on various messageboards and embarass this fine club's fans is far more of an insult to the great man.

Guest Vinjay606

I didn't start any argument. Just voicing my displeasure at those Dunn remarks which should really be a mutual feeling amongst all of us.

Maybe Dunny wasn't on a PR exercise, he speaks as both a Rovers player and as a lifelong Rovers fan.

The way you carry on on various messageboards and embarass this fine club's fans is far more of an insult to the great man.

As long as he represents this club he is on a PR exercise.

I think my vision of the club and general mentality is somewhat closer to Jack's view than yours. Ever heard the "think big" phrase? That's the type of attitude I've got and there's nothing wrong with that.

I didn't start any argument. Just voicing my displeasure at those Dunn remarks which should really be a mutual feeling amongst all of us.

Okay, to put it a different way, must you turn every single thread into whatever your pet beef of the moment is? This is about Tugay - not Dunn. The Barton thread was not about Gerrard or Rooney or any other unconvicted footballer. The Rovers takeover thread is about rovers takeovers, not Southampton or Charlton or whoever else is getting taken over at the moment. It really is tiresome

Guest Vinjay606

The takeover thread is about takeovers in general primarily BRFC.

I used an example just to state the level of criticism Barton gets is unbalanced in comparison to others.

This thread someone referred to BRFC players visiting schools so I made a reference to Dunn suggesting his example isn't the way forward.

I think my vision of the club and general mentality is somewhat closer to Jack's view than yours. Ever heard the "think big" phrase? That's the type of attitude I've got and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'd say your general mentality is rather closer to next door's goat than any other human.

This thread someone referred to BRFC players visiting schools so I made a reference to Dunn suggesting his example isn't the way forward.

That would be me .........a man who deplores censorship and who believes strongly in freedom of expression .

But you're stretching my tolerance to breaking point with this latest outburst :unsure:

The takeover thread is about takeovers in general primarily BRFC.

I used an example just to state the level of criticism Barton gets is unbalanced in comparison to others.

At the risk of doing just what I'm fed up of you doing...

The takeover thread is called the Rovers Takeover Thread. It's only become about general takeovers in your head. I'm not going to debate Barton in this thread and I've checked several pages back in this thread and can find no post other than yours about hospital visits and Dunn. Please can you stick to Tugay in this thread. Please.

It would have been an insult 10 years ago because we were a big club in english football then and yes Jack did make us that. But look at the teams that were around us then, they've developed into a wolrdwide brand. look at Manchester United, look at Arsenal; nevermind Chelsea.

Big names, big stadiums, success and money.

we have pretty much zero criteria for anyone (that includes you) to put a "Big club" label on us anymore.

times change. think you need to open your eyes.

p.s. Smile a little :tu:

It is an insult as far as I'm concerned. It's disrespectful to the club and to Jack Walker's achievements......

Nobody upon nobody has been more disrespectful towards Uncle Jack and the Walker family than you, you effing muppet. Don't try and worm your way out of your previous endless comments doing them down by now quoting tripe like that above.

This thread used to be about trying to get a testimonial for Tugay. It's turned into the Vinjay show again and I have him on ignore! Can we all just ignore the troll?

Anyway, I shall be looking for a Turkey shirt on ebay today for this one occasion. Tugay is a legend and will always be in my eyes.

Is there some plan to have a big "thank you" banner or a cards to hold up to make a message. There's time enough to get the club onside, and it would make a memorable tribute to a player that has given fans some great moments.

Gutted I'm missing his last game. I was hoping he'd manage one more season so I could scream "SHOOOOOT" one last time when I return to blighty i August.

Archived