BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Campaign For Tugay Testimonial

oh, please don't choose the latter one, i.e. the one with the link :) it won't be a good idea. trust a Turk's opinion :)

I will get my GS shirt and be there, hopefully. I'd prefer wearing a Turkish shirt but I haven't got the red one :(

a suggestion, only XL though.

Don't worry my Turkey shirt arrived yesterday. I really hope that we all, in some way, make a visible effort to show our respect for him next Sunday.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as i love tugs ,I wouldnt be seen dead in a Turkish shirt.ENGLISH AND PROUD.

I wouldn't be seen dead in a Turkey shirt either - it's too big and I'm sure it would be bad for the environment to incinerate football shirt material in a crematorium. However, I am proud to be English and proud that I can wear whatever I like in the country I love, which also includes an Argentina shirt I bought the other week. :P

Nothing wrong with not wanting to wear the national shirt of another country. That's just someone wanting to express their fierce national pride in a way that isn't negative. I mean, it's not as if the only way to show affection for Tugay is to wear his national shirt.

How about wearing a fez, or buying a Tugay t-shirt?

No need to have a barney about it.

:lol: Sense.

From the man who equated wearing a Turkey shirt as a mark of respect for a Rovers hero to wearing a Burnley shirt.

Right.

probley not the best eg but will you get jan or tg4 wearing a rngers shirt because he played for them?

why is humanity so bad because i wont wear a turkish shirt?

what will you be wearing next week ?

probley not the best eg but will you get jan or tg4 wearing a rngers shirt because he played for them?

why is humanity so bad because i wont wear a turkish shirt?

what will you be wearing next week ?

Need to see if I can make the game - have my future brother in law's stag do to attend in London and not sure if I can find an arrangement which will get me on a train down there in time..

But I wouldn't actually wear a Turkey shirt partly because I can't be arsed getting one, but I don't understand why someone would be so hugely opposed to wearing one on grounds of their own nationality. He was with Rangers for a few years, he's been Turkish since he was born and it's a part of who he is and something that I'm guessing is of as much pride to him as your Englishness is to you. I think wearing a Turkey shirt is a nice gesture and mark of respect towards his roots and culture, and is particularly good to see in a town like Blackburn where there's a lot of cultural divisions at work.

what's so bad about turkey? difficult not to have respect for a country that has embraced secular values

nowt wrong with Turkey ive never said there was ,just cant see the point in wearing a Turkey shirt ,doesnt make me anti tugs though.

nowt wrong with Turkey ive never said there was ,just cant see the point in wearing a Turkey shirt ,doesnt make me anti tugs though.

I'll be wearing my replica 60's Rovers shirt Abbey like I do to every game and have to agree that wearing a Turkish shirt would not interest me one iota personally.But its everyone to their own Abbs and its a free country................live and let live fella!

Archived