BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Campaign For Tugay Testimonial

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

What a legend, so sad to see it all come to an end.

The way he can strike a ball is so seemingly effortless, one in a trillion and I doubt we'll see another.

Thank you Tugay.

So its confirmed he's going.

Its also confirmed he wont be staying as coach - although Sam has left the door open for him is he gets his coaching badges.

Next confirmation we want is a testimonial match for him. The final home game is going to be very emotional thats for sure..... :(

TUGAY.... YOU ARE MY TURKISH DELIGHT

Its also confirmed he wont be staying as coach - although Sam has left the door open for him is he gets his coaching badges.

Next confirmation we want is a testimonial match for him. The final home game is going to be very emotional thats for sure..... :(

Lets hope so...

I held out hope until I just read all of that. I'm absolutely gutted.

Lets start organising Tugay Day and hope the club do the right thing on the testimonial.

I was very sad to see Tugay was not offered a contract. I know he is 54 years old, and he had to leave sometime, but it is still a sad day. I hope he can have a testamonial, and one day come back as a coach. I'd love him to pass on his skills and know how to our youngsters.

hey hughesy just to let you know sold my first rovers car sticker through this site £6 plus p&p . tugay should stay on and take his coaching badges and also have a testimonial he would fill ewood 3 times over

Retire number 5! :P

I know what your saying Jal, 10 years is the rule. In which case 2 years coaching at Rovers and he can have one. Was reading a comment from Zurab that the players want him to coach and he has the attributes and ability to do it.

hey modes car sticker on its way to you hope you like it , dont forget to tell all your friends

If Rovers dont intend to give Tugay a testimonial then we need to know asap so that the last game against WBA really needs to be a tribute day and some....word needs to be put around and some planning done so the fans can play their part and say their goodbyes.

Just added this to my car tonight - the club shop should sell them.

p1010267w.jpg

hey hughesy just to let you know sold my first rovers car sticker through this site £6 plus p&p . tugay should stay on and take his coaching badges and also have a testimonial he would fill ewood 3 times over

hey modes car sticker on its way to you hope you like it , dont forget to tell all your friends

:rover: Cool mate - everyone should buy one. Chrome Rovers badge on your car, what better way to promote the club on a daily basis. See above guys and girls - £6 for the stickers - let Bozrover know if you want 1.

SG194 - Agree - il contact the club and see if I can get any info out of them now. Tugay day, all dress up with scruffy wigs, long shirts like jesus & with Turkey flags. :lol:

• Backroom
Just bought 2 Turkish flags for £7 on ebay. Any Tugay shirts about?

I'd also like to know this.

Has anyone got any contacts in printing companys, I know I'd certaintly buy and wear a Tugay T shirt for the final game.

Hopefully get a thank you Tugay chant going as well.

It will be a double loss.

Tugay and his imaginary friend who has been on the pitch with him at various times during the past 2 seasons :unsure:

Seriously, I will wear my Tugay t-shirt, as designed and promoted by one Stuwilky, with pride at the last home game.

Tugay, your a Rovers legend.

Just bought 2 Turkish flags for £7 on ebay. Any Tugay shirts about?

It's in Norway unfortunately. The black away shirt from a few seasons back, number 16 with LEGEND printed below the number. It's signed by Tugay as well :)

I hope Tugay scores a cracker in the last game - if we're already safe he will try to shoot from everywhere! Can't wait :D

2-0 up against WBA and we win a penalty, I know who I'll be shouting for.

Mind you, last time he took a penalty he skied it. He's allergic to scoring inside the area.

Already have a Turkey flag, took it last year when we thought it might be his last game and he was staring at us for ages trying to see if he knew us. :lol:

Tugay is my all time favourite Rovers player (and that goes back pre Pre Dalglish days), he is an entertainer and plays like no-one else we have had.

I'd say have a Rovers vs Graham Souness Select XI - featuring:

Brad Freidel - (Rovers/Gala connection)

Hakan Unsal - (Rovers/Gala)

Lorenzo Amoruso - (Rangers/Rovers)

Henning Berg - (Rovers/Rangers)

A N Other defender

Barry Ferguson

Tugay

Emre

Robbie Savage

Hakan Suker

Shabani Nonda

Having said that, most of them probably aren't fit enough anymore!

Can't see Henning Berg turning out for a Souness XI somehow <_<

I was very sad to see Tugay was not offered a contract. I know he is 54 years old, and he had to leave sometime, but it is still a sad day. I hope he can have a testamonial, and one day come back as a coach. I'd love him to pass on his skills and know how to our youngsters.

Good grief Billy! That is a complete and total impossibility. Skills are God given and not passed from one to another for goodness sake! If skills could be passed on like that then why tf has nobody thought to get Toogs to pass em on to The Axe and Andrews? :rolleyes: Those two have played next to Tugay for long enough yet neither can trap a wet sand bag or pass bloody wind!

Good grief Billy! That is a complete and total impossibility. Skills are God given and not passed from one to another for goodness sake! If skills could be passed on like that then why tf has nobody thought to get Toogs to pass em on to The Axe and Andrews? :rolleyes: Those two have played next to Tugay for long enough yet neither can trap a wet sand bag or pass bloody wind!

Bit like hitting the sweet spot then with a 1 iron some can and the rest use a 3 wood. ;)

To an extent you are right. But Toogs could describe and demonstrate the importance of making room to hit the long passes etc. and offer help in how to maximise whatever natural skill they have. If you are totally right, why bother having coaches in football other than fitness coaches and some drill sargent teaching tactics and how to play the offside trap?

Will be a very sad day seeing Tugay's last appearance in a Rovers shirt. The word legend is thrown around to often these day but Tugay is a true Rovers legend.

I think he could set a new record for the longest walk off a football pitch in the West Brom game, beating his previous best. :D

I'd also like to know this.

Has anyone got any contacts in printing companys, I know I'd certaintly buy and wear a Tugay T shirt for the final game.

Hopefully get a thank you Tugay chant going as well.

The place to go is a shop on Darwen street just up from the Darwen street bridge they will be able to give you what ever T-shirt design you want from them. Dont want to mention their name on this website but if you walk slowly up Darwen street on the opposite side to the the large furniture store you wont miss it unless your blind :wacko: .

Archived