BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Campaign For Tugay Testimonial

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem the club will have at the moment is not knowing for sure whether we will be safe from relegation when we play West Brom. Whilst we all want to give Tugay a good send-off I think we all would agree that retaining Premier League status is more important and we might be concentrating on that on 24th. Hopefully things will be sorted out before then but right now I can't see the club making detailed plans for a Tugay Day.

• Backroom

My shirt is ordered, a bit old but i like it

7465_1.JPG

Some tugay t shirts are being sold on ebay also for those interested

I think the most sensible thing to do is to get back to talking about Tugay, a fabulous footballer and a man with a style uniquely his own. He is a fantastic advert for all that is good about Blackburn Rovers football club and it has been an honour and a pleasure to watch him playing for our club.

I'm not going to respond because i've been banned for 14 days.

EDIT - You can stop it too, but I do see your point

I think the most sensible thing to do is to get back to talking about Tugay, a fabulous footballer and a man with a style uniquely his own. He is a fantastic advert for all that is good about Blackburn Rovers football club and it has been an honour and a pleasure to watch him playing for our club.

Good idea. The Turkey shirts look good, I wonder if the club shop would print on them?

Just read that 1,800 Mowbray Masks are being given to West Brom fans for the final game to wear and pledge support for the manager! Its going to be a strange last day at Ewood with Tugay shirts,Turkish shirts,Galatasary fans, fans in last day fancy dress and Mowbray faces...! Lets hope our safety is guaranteed by then.

Good idea. The Turkey shirts look good, I wonder if the club shop would print on them?

On train home from Glasgow just now (good stuff this free wifi in 1st class ;) ) ... but if my Turkey shirt has turned up when I get home I intend to take it to the club shop tomorrow and find out ...

2890_0.JPG

Nice of them to do a halved one just for this purpose ...

Am I alone in thinking we are all going a bit OTT about this?

Tugay has been a great player for the club for many years, but he has been well rewarded financially, has had regular first team football in one of the most competitive leagues in the world, has won a trophy, had an extended international career and played in Europe more than most of his peers and he already knows the affection in which he is held by the fans

I would put him in the same class as Garner, Hendry, Fazackerly et al who have been great servants to the club and feel sure he knows that, for the rest of his life, there is a small corner of East Lancashire where he is always welcome and can go to for help.

What I don't feel we should be doing is garlanding him with gushing shows of sentimentality as seen on some of those awful TV talent shows and the like where he has to wheel out his wife and kids, blub in public, make all sorts of rash statements that blokes normally do when a bit p**sed "you're my best mate ever, more than a brother, I'll never forget you all, I know all your names etc etc" - it'll be more like a Deep Purple concert than a footie match.

What's wrong with a standing ovation when he is thoughtfully substituted with two minutes to go so he can make a solo exit? Then we all sit down and watch the rest of the match before moving on to thoughts of his successor - we''ll have forgotten him in two years unless things get worse then he will no doubt be sanctified.

What's needed here is a bit more stiff upper lip and a reminder that we're all British for God's sake!!

Now, get a grip!!

Am I alone in thinking we are all going a bit OTT about this?

Tugay has been a great player for the club for many years, but he has been well rewarded financially, has had regular first team football in one of the most competitive leagues in the world, has won a trophy, had an extended international career and played in Europe more than most of his peers and he already knows the affection in which he is held by the fans

I would put him in the same class as Garner, Hendry, Fazackerly et al who have been great servants to the club and feel sure he knows that, for the rest of his life, there is a small corner of East Lancashire where he is always welcome and can go to for help.

What I don't feel we should be doing is garlanding him with gushing shows of sentimentality as seen on some of those awful TV talent shows and the like where he has to wheel out his wife and kids, blub in public, make all sorts of rash statements that blokes normally do when a bit p**sed "you're my best mate ever, more than a brother, I'll never forget you all, I know all your names etc etc" - it'll be more like a Deep Purple concert than a footie match.

What's wrong with a standing ovation when he is thoughtfully substituted with two minutes to go so he can make a solo exit? Then we all sit down and watch the rest of the match before moving on to thoughts of his successor - we''ll have forgotten him in two years unless things get worse then he will no doubt be sanctified.

What's needed here is a bit more stiff upper lip and a reminder that we're all British for God's sake!!

Now, get a grip!!

As much as I disagree with the sentiment, that really made me laugh :lol:

Why doesnt everybody just buy the reduce priced Rovers shirts with Tugay printed on than buying Turkish shirts.

Afterall its all about Tugay and Blackburn Rovers football club .......not Turkey, you Turkeys :) .

Why doesnt everybody just buy the reduce priced Rovers shirts with Tugay printed on than buying Turkish shirts.

Afterall its all about Tugay and Blackburn Rovers football club .......not Turkey, you Turkeys :) .

Oh cheer up you miserable bugger. It's Friday ffs!

Oh cheer up you miserable bugger. It's Friday ffs!

Understand your excitement dont want to quash it in any way your tributes to ANOTHER ROVERS LEGEND, just trying to keep it to what Tugay acheived at Blackburn Rovers and keep all things blue and white.

Turkey is some place far away for me with relatively no significance at all to our celebrations of a good footballer at the club.

Maybe Rovers should invite Graeme Souness down for the match or am I going a tad too far.

Archived