BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Campaign For Tugay Testimonial

I'm a ROVERS fan and have no problem wearing something Turkish in tribute to a Rovers legend. I will be wearing a blue Tugay shirt and Turkey scarf.

Couldn't care less about England... ROVERS and proud... club before country every time.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a ROVERS fan and have no problem wearing something Turkish in tribute to a Rovers legend. I will be wearing a blue Tugay shirt and Turkey scarf.

Couldn't care less about England... ROVERS and proud... club before country every time.

I'll be there with my printed 'tugay 5' rovers top, a turkish flag and a fez!! (although a fez is technically moroccan) its almost racism gone wrong hahaha (like when city fans found they'd been taken over, they donned tea-towels for head-dresses, but did the egyptian dance on sky sports cameras).

Football allows us to do in public what we can't normally .....in the words of Homer Simpson 'This ticket gives me the right to make a complete A55 of myself!! lol lol

nowt wrong with Turkey ive never said there was ,just cant see the point in wearing a Turkey shirt ,doesnt make me anti tugs though.

I'm in your court Abs.

Its just not right to the rational and culture of the recognition of a football shirt (and badge) forget the secular values - its about the history and standing of what the colours/badge represent

Never understand it - had to play in old Bury shirts before as our manager at the time got them cheap - no siree had to wear mine inside out with my Rovers top underneath

We have it here at work , Utd and Citeh fans wearing Argentina /Barcelona /Real Madrid tops ... keep telling them 'shame on them I say shame on them'

If that is considered short sighted then so be it.

It'll be like watching 'Braveheart ' wearingClaret n Blue with Julian Clary playing Braveheart

Its his last game after 8 years as one of the greatest players our club has ever seen. It will make his day all the more special to look in to the crowd and see a sea of red Turkey shirts and flags, knowing how much effort everyone has gone to just for him. It's that simple.

Either do it or don't, but don't turn it in to something it's not.

I can not believe a thread about our greatest player over the last ten years has turned into a debate about whether it's ok to wear a Turkey shirt.

I can't make the game and I'm gutted.

Be happy you will be there. Turkey shirt or no Turkey shirt.

Its his last game after 8 years as one of the greatest players our club has ever seen. It will make his day all the more special to look in to the crowd and see a sea of red Turkey shirts and flags, knowing how much effort everyone has gone to just for him. It's that simple.

Either do it or don't, but don't turn it in to something it's not.

I wasnt ,alls I said i wont wear a turkish shirt because im english (would the Scottish contigent wear an English shirt in honour of shearer or garner?) . It will awful to see him leave .

• Backroom

Kinda gutted I bought an old turkey shirt but I'm now watching in the pennants lounge so wont be able t owear it for the game or join in the Tugay songs.

Would rather watch from the stands but I told a mate I'd go in with them.

nope but i wouldnt wear the colours of any other country tho.

I have:

A French Shirt

An Italian shirt

A Republic shirt

An Argentinian shirt

a Brazilian shirt

(As well as many Scotland shirts). Have worn all of them. But no, I WOULDN'T wear an England shirt

I have:

A French Shirt

An Italian shirt

A Republic shirt

An Argentinian shirt

a Brazilian shirt

(As well as many Scotland shirts). Have worn all of them. But no, I WOULDN'T wear an England shirt

That Figures

Think you should get one with his printed on

29355.jpg

Think I might have been scammed. Ordered a couple of Tugay t-shirts from eBay and the money has gone from Paypal but the items have been closed down and the user has left eBay. :blush: Hope not but hopefully I'll get the cash back from Paypal if I have

Think I might have been scammed. Ordered a couple of Tugay t-shirts from eBay and the money has gone from Paypal but the items have been closed down and the user has left eBay. :blush: Hope not but hopefully I'll get the cash back from Paypal if I have

I think you got the same one I did. I spoke with the guy and he says they have had their account hacked and removed by ebay.

I think you got the same one I did. I spoke with the guy and he says they have had their account hacked and removed by ebay.

Hacked before or after they put the shirts on eBay? Did you get the shirts? I spoke to eBay and they recommended not contacting the seller

I've heard that QPR are interested and this like the Brad event that happened last year would be a right kick in the balls to me and i'm sure many others on this board.

Can't the club give him a testimonial juding by the support shown here I'm sure we would turn up in our thousands to go to Ewood.

Anyway can anyone offer me confirmation of these two issues? thanks in advance :)

Hacked before or after they put the shirts on eBay? Did you get the shirts? I spoke to eBay and they recommended not contacting the seller

After I think.

Mine arrived in the post this morning. A pretty decent shirt, I'll still be buying the club shop version though. May give this one to my girlfriend for the match.

Archived