BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Campaign For Tugay Testimonial

Understand your excitement dont want to quash it in any way your tributes to ANOTHER ROVERS LEGEND, just trying to keep it to what Tugay acheived at Blackburn Rovers and keep all things blue and white.

Turkey is some place far away for me with relatively no significance at all to our celebrations of a good footballer at the club.

Maybe Rovers should invite Graeme Souness down for the match or am I going a tad too far.

With all due respect, it's not you we're celebrating - it's Tugay. He's Turkish. I want to do something different - I've worn a Rovers shirt to Ewood Park 21 times this season so for the last two it's Turkey all the way.

We won't get many more chances to celebrate one special player like this. 8 years at Rovers - can't see any other of the current crop achieving that unless Ryan Nelsen starts taking some age changing drugs...

Maybe Brett Emerton. I'll get on ebay and start looking for Australia tops.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all due respect, it's not you we're celebrating - it's Tugay. He's Turkish. I want to do something different - I've worn a Rovers shirt to Ewood Park 21 times this season so for the last two it's Turkey all the way.

We won't get many more chances to celebrate one special player like this. 8 years at Rovers - can't see any other of the current crop achieving that unless Ryan Nelsen starts taking some age changing drugs...

If you want to look a Turkey then go for it Tris.

This thread used to be about trying to get a testimonial for Tugay. It's turned into the Vinjay show again and I have him on ignore! Can we all just ignore the troll?

Don't worry , Ivan ; the mods are on to it . :angry:

They've banned Leftfooter's comments ........... :rolleyes:

In the current side Robinson, Emerton, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, MGP and Reid all stand a chance of achieving that (and I'm probably forgetting someone). None of them will be Tugay though. He's been a special player for us and it will be sad not to see him around anymore. He no longer contributes much and it's the right decision to let him go (although it could have been done better and it would have nice to have seen him offered some sort of a coaching role), but you could always rely on him, even in his "old" age, for moments of audacious skill and unbelievable quality. He was the one player that no one else in the premiership has anything like and he's the one Rover I felt was "ours". He'll be missed.

Understand your excitement dont want to quash it in any way your tributes to ANOTHER ROVERS LEGEND, just trying to keep it to what Tugay acheived at Blackburn Rovers and keep all things blue and white.

Turkey is some place far away for me with relatively no significance at all to our celebrations of a good footballer at the club.

Maybe Rovers should invite Graeme Souness down for the match or am I going a tad too far.

I agree with you Jal as far as the Turkey shirts are concerned. They are just an irrelevance as far as Tugay's Rovers service is concerned, but if it pleases Tugay and suits some of our supporters to do it, then..... Hey! what's the harm?

Your other suggestion for inviting Souness, which I am guessing was made tongue in cheek, is actually quite a good one given his 3 way connection with Tugs (Galatasary, Rangers and Rovers) and I am sure he will want to see the swan song of this great player.

I agree with you Jal as far as the Turkey shirts are concerned. They are just an irrelevance as far as Tugay's Rovers service is concerned, but if it pleases Tugay and suits some of our supporters to do it, then..... Hey! what's the harm?

Your other suggestion for inviting Souness, which I am guessing was made tongue in cheek, is actually quite a good one given his 3 way connection with Tugs (Galatasary, Rangers and Rovers) and I am sure he will want to see the swan song of this great player.

Inviting Greame Souness wasnt meant to be tongue in cheek Fife, just thought it might be a good gesture what with Souness being responsible for bringing the Turk to the club in the first place.

At the end of the match, was waiting for Diouf, who had promised his shirt to Mr Roversmum and was running over looking for us when suddenly Tugay ran over and I was squashed in the middle of a big hug of Turks and Tugay! Never did get the shirt... :closedeyes:

&@//@cks to testimonial after today he need another contract.

As much as i love him i feel he must be replaced with fresh legs, his quality we will never replace with rovers money some of his passes are sublime but his tackles are becoming non existant which is understandable for his age.

As they say all good things must come to an end and he will live on in fans hearts for a very long time, the good of the club must come first, i dont want to see another year like this and unless we address this midfield area in the summer we are gonna struggle.

I'll be wearing a Turkey shirt as a visible mark of respect for Tugay. However we want to celebrate his final game is an individual choice, whether it's blue and white halves with his name on the back, a Turkish flag, a Tugay T-shirt, or perhaps even this :unsure:

I'll be wearing a Turkey shirt as a visible mark of respect for Tugay. However we want to celebrate his final game is an individual choice, whether it's blue and white halves with his name on the back, a Turkish flag, a Tugay T-shirt, or perhaps even this :unsure:

Just be glad you didnt wear that when we were in relegation crisis under ince, i can even see a few butchers with a huge pack of paxo and a cleaver in their hands :D

As much as i love him i feel he must be replaced with fresh legs, his quality we will never replace with rovers money some of his passes are sublime but his tackles are becoming non existant which is understandable for his age.

As they say all good things must come to an end and he will live on in fans hearts for a very long time, the good of the club must come first, i dont want to see another year like this and unless we address this midfield area in the summer we are gonna struggle.

Irt probably is time for a parting of the ways. Allardyce says that his legs are gone but I think Sat proved the old adage that the first yard is in the heads of good players. If teams will stand off him he can still damage them. As they say if the opposition do not have the ball they wiill not score and at 2-0 up on Sat and Tugay kept the ball for so long giving and getting in midfield and simply running the clock down.

Vinjay we are a relatively small club, live with it. It's not an insult.

In the big pond of world football these days BRFC hardly make a ripple.

I want a Turkey top but I can only find XL or XXl for a decent price on ebay. I'm after a small. May just get a big one and wear it baggy.

I have just tonight bought one on ebay a small one and two large ones also. They cost about £10.00 inc, p and p go and have another look.

I have just tonight bought one on ebay a small one and two large ones also. They cost about £10.00 inc, p and p go and have another look.

oh, please don't choose the latter one, i.e. the one with the link :) it won't be a good idea. trust a Turk's opinion :)

I will get my GS shirt and be there, hopefully. I'd prefer wearing a Turkish shirt but I haven't got the red one :(

a suggestion, only XL though.

Archived