BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pandemic

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just seen that the airports are checking people to see if they have the swine flu before allowing them to travel.If they stop you, are you covered by insurence or do you lose all the money youve spent?..

No they're not, at Manchester anyway, and as of yesterday.

Get yourself some of that tamiflu now and start taking it, fight off anything that could be approaching you.

It won't be prescibed if you are just wanting it as a precaution.

In fact it won't be prescribed if you've got swineflu and are generally healthy, not suffering too bad or got any underlying health conditions. Either that or the local surgery has told my next door neighbour (who has been diagnosed over the phone as 'suspected') some porkies.

It won't be prescibed if you are just wanting it as a precaution.

In fact it won't be prescribed if you've got swineflu and are generally healthy, not suffering too bad or got any underlying health conditions. Either that or the local surgery has told my next door neighbour (who has been diagnosed over the phone as 'suspected') some porkies.

thats what they told me this afternoon,the throat has eased off thank god.

:lol: its definatley in rishton at the moment ^_^

i know!!! hope noone had it in the wam on sat ha

Get yourself some of that tamiflu now and start taking it, fight off anything that could be approaching you.

Tamiflu only works for people who have Swine Flu, if you don't have the infection it doesn't do anything plus the side-effects of nausea and confusion sound a bit unpleasant. ....................try 8 pints of guiness ABBEY! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had swine flu yet?

I've had a sore throat the last 2 days and am now starting to get hot fever temperatures.

Haven't got a cough yet and I haven't lost my appetite so it's only some of the symptoms. Could just be regular flu or maybe i'm doomed! See how I feel tomorrow.

If you get any kind of influenza you can't get out of bed for three day.

That should sort it out for you.

My sister has had it, she lives near Bristol, and the daugher of a friend has got it. She's in Manchester

Just got over it, went ot bed tuesday night and got out Saturday lunch, haven't been knocked around like by the wog for a long time.

Headaches, pain all over, fever, throwing up, stomach pains,and so on and so on

On a bright note I have managed to drop 3 kilos in five days which has got me looking quite spanking with my knew haircut

It is always around, but the "common" strains of flu struggle during the warmer months, the theories on why are numerous, but it is something that you aren't likely to get in the summer and if you are catching the flu this summer it will, in the vast, vast majority of cases, be swine flu.

Just over a couple of weeks ago, myself and my family spent four days suffering with nausea, high fever, and diarrhea. We thought it might be swine flu, and contacted our local GP. But she said it didn't sound like it, as swine flu includes respiratory problems. Think she was right?

Just over a couple of weeks ago, myself and my family spent four days suffering with nausea, high fever, and diarrhea. We thought it might be swine flu, and contacted our local GP. But she said it didn't sound like it, as swine flu includes respiratory problems. Think she was right?

I think the respiratory problems are for people with a predisposition. If she is meaning your lungs getting clogged with vile green flem and you finding it difficult to get a breath without coughing up a lung, then yeah.

The speed and ease with which this flu was imported is ludicrous. We have been hit harder than other countries because of our 'relaxed' attitude. BUT wtf would have happened if this swine flu had been a far more deadly virus? My intuition tells me that many of the population would have succumbed and died on a massive scale simply because the govt did not want to upset individuals holiday plans.

Archived