BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 10

I assume you make use of the "shield" button (RT on the 360) when passing the ball forward to your striker. If the team are on high pressure defenders often beat you to the ball - the way to combat this is as soon as you pass the ball use the press button for your striker to move in.

What would RT be on the ps3?

By the press button do you mean the call 2nd defender (square on ps3?).

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would RT be on the ps3?

By the press button do you mean the call 2nd defender (square on ps3?).

sheild the ball on ps3 is r2 (make sure you let go of all the other buttons frst)

call 2nd defender is circle, square is shoot. i think he means hold x to put pressure on the player with the ball (your current selected player will move in for a tackle(unless you hold r2 at the same time to jockey))

sheild the ball on ps3 is r2 (make sure you let go of all the other buttons frst)

call 2nd defender is circle, square is shoot. i think he means hold x to put pressure on the player with the ball (your current selected player will move in for a tackle(unless you hold r2 at the same time to jockey))

Yes that's what I meant (I still play pro evo config on FIFA). Another way of getting your striker to move his arse is, assuming you are shooting left to right and you've played the ball forward, flick the right stick right to get control of the striker manually and shift him yourself.

Might take a little break from FIFA - Forza 3 today :)

Im finding more and more in the unkranked with custom teams. I played one guy last night, I was Blackburn, he was Real madrid with Drogba & Vidic in his team + 5 custom players. Beating him 3-1 and he quit, loser!!

Im still nowhere near my level of the 09 game - on that I was very good, on this one im just average so far, although to be fair iv not had much game time yet!

I use PES configuration on fifa so square is the press button. Circle is slide tackle/long pass on mine.

I use PES configuration on fifa so square is the press button. Circle is slide tackle/long pass on mine.

fair do's.

i forgot how much fun you can have online with this game, was playing clubs earlier and we started getting thrashed by some french guys who all played as strikers and had their defence set to high pressure, when it got to 6-2 we decided to see how many players we could get sent off, its actually really funny running around trying to slide someone who hasnt got the ball. we managed to get 5 sent off in 14 mins (in game mins)

Had a great comeback before in an online ranked game. I was arsenal playing a guy with man city. He scored from 3 crosses in the first half to lead 3-0 at half time which was unbelievaly flattering. 2nd half I got a goal back on 50 odd mins. Then scored again on around 85 mins! He then capitulated under the pressure and I managed to score twice with van persie in injury time. So from 3-1 down on 85 mins I won 4-3! Haha bet he was going mad!

I have been playing some games against a mate and what we are finding is games like Barca against Real arent much fun because the forwards like Messi and Henry just fly around the place and ghost past players. We played some games like Rovers v Everton or Dortmund v Ajax and the game for us improves 10 fold.

I used to like pulling off the skill moves in a game but with the addition of the 360 movement the players are on you and have the ball away while the animation is going on.

I find that when playing against the better players (Messi, Ronaldo, Torres etc) its best to not pressure the attackers as much and then when they try to escape you, your player is depper and usually take the ball off them.

With Rovers, iv beat United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Real, Barca, Bayern, Celtic, Spurs & Everton. If you find 1 team that suits you then you should be able to beat any team.

Iv started to play as Blackburn in all my games.... Played some guy who was Chelsea the other day and whooped him and his mate 6-0.

When playing normal or ranked online games are you likely to play a team controlled by more than one person? How do you know if you are?

When playing normal or ranked online games are you likely to play a team controlled by more than one person? How do you know if you are?

On the screen where you select your team - there is a box which says invites/ visitors (not sure what exactly) - near to yor username. If there is more than just 1 person then it will say in there how many more thier are.

Fifa was driving me mad tonight. Was battering teams but just couldnt put the ball in the net. I have days like that, then other days everything goes in. Im sure theres more scripting in fifa 10 than 09. Ended up loosing a couple of games against people id hammered all game and created chance after chance but kept hitting the post or missing sitters. Then surprise surprise they have just 1 or 2 chances all game and score them. Drives you mental.

This game really pisses me off at times...

If my controlled player is in the vicinity of thier keeper an invisible forcefield appears so my player can't get anywhere near him. However opposition players can stand right in front of my keeper whenever they feel like it.

If the opposition get a free kick they will score nine times out of ten, wheras I can't remember a time I have ever scored from a free kick.

All my fouls are yellow cards, but all against me (without touching the ball) are fine - even 'last man' situations'.

If I have a throw in, my players stand in the stupidest of places, but if its a throw in against, they seem to make lots of intelligent runs...

A comment Kamy threw in earlier really sticks out about the CPU 'cheating' but in this version not hiding it very well. For me it's bloody blatent!

It's as frustrating as real football, but we should only have to pay hard earned cash to watch real real frustrating football, not also play football that makes me want to cram my pad into the disc drive!!!

It's probably just me.

PS - If I ever meet Clive Tilsley or Andy Gray, I am going to punch them both really, really, really hard in the nose.

If the opposition get a free kick they will score nine times out of ten, wheras I can't remember a time I have ever scored from a free kick.

Tell me about it! I've played 200 games and scored ONE free kick! I even have a whipping team that I modified from some crap team and put in a custom goalkeeper who is really short, with no skill and 0 on free kicks, I set up the team for him to take free kicks in the hope I could get possession, counter and score from 50 yards before he gets back to his goal. Guess what? 8/10 times this custom goalie scores! He has 0 accuracy on free kicks and about '5' overall! When I get a free kick against this team, said crappy-yet-brilliant-free-kick keeper always saves my shots.

Blatant and obviously scripted gameplay!

Further, I find it completely stupid awarding points for your virtual pro for scoring from free-kicks. How can you score when you haven't got enough skill to score in the first place?!

Also you just CANNOT score "curled" free kicks, they are WAY too slow to beat the keeper and the power meter is totally pants - a fraction below and you hit the wall, a fraction above and you hit row Z. Even the powered free kicks are way to difficult to score. I must have had over 100 free kicks and to score from only ONE is just not realistic.

Guest Kamy100

Having played this game consistently I have come to the conclusion that offline (one player) this game is borked,

AI is a shambles, as Wolverine says some of the "AI cheating" is blatent, every game has it but most games hide it really well but FIFA 10 does not do that, Manager Mode is fundementally broken, it has too many bugs, some big some small but put together they make MM unplayable and frustrating. It is such a shame because online or playing against friends this game rocks.

PES despite some flaws is really good one player game for me, so I will stick to that and use FIFA to play online/against friends.

I have to agree with what's being said above - I now only play FIFA for the online games - even though I want to start a manager mode, I won't until they sort out the bugs.

I started one with Seattle Sounders, played 12, won 4, draw 4, lost 4 - got sacked.

Ok, I thought, learning curve. I was offered Bray Wanderers or Grimsby and chose Bray Wanderers to get my career back on track.

The page loaded up and then came the bug that made my game unplayable, Bray Wanderers were 2 BILLION (that's right, BILLION) in debt. No matter how many £8000 ticket revenues were amassed, the debt never went down....

Fix it FIFA!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

anyone managed to get that 'make a 5 star team out of a 2 or less star team within 5 seasons' trophy yet? just started my 4th season with notts county and have them at 4.5 stars, i just cant seem to get that half a star. (best hint i can give anyone else trying to to upgrade your scout to 8+ and keep scouting all over the world. you get alot of average players but every now and then you unearth a real gem)

just got the 'real fan' trophy (play 50 hours) today as well. and tomorrow im atempting the 10 a ide in culbs

• 5 weeks later...

Brilliant News:-

Good news - EA Sports is working on a way to prevent ragequitting in FIFA online matches. Bad news - these measures will be implemented in 2011.

It's common phenomenon - they're losing, you're winning, then to save themselves the unfathomable stain of defeat, they quit the game. The result? The match ends with both parties ######. This is why EA is looking to implement a reward system for those who complete the game despite a losing effort, and a penalty for those who don't. It does, however, pose a few dilemmas.

"It's a complex problem," said 2010 FIFA World Cup producer Simon Humber about detemining quits from disconnection. "We do have the five-minute rule: if you find your connection's poor you can drop out within the first five minutes" he pointed out. "After that there should be a penalty."

Unfortunately, whatever they come up with, it will not be implemented into 2010 FIFA World Cup, which will hit stores on April 30th. All of that will have to wait until the next installment in 2011.

Click

hmm not sure on that, what happens if you lose your connection to your router (if playing wireless) its an innocent disconnect yet people would jump for the router switch to save being penalised.

id much rather they fix the damn conneting to other players problem. i have my ps3 in a DMZ yet i can only connect to 1 in 15 games on a good day.

hmm not sure on that, what happens if you lose your connection to your router (if playing wireless) its an innocent disconnect yet people would jump for the router switch to save being penalised.

id much rather they fix the damn connecting to other players problem. i have my ps3 in a DMZ yet i can only connect to 1 in 15 games on a good day.

Did you not read it? They have taken the dodgy connection into account and so for the first 5 minutes any disconnect will go unpunished. If your connection is a mess then you shouldn't be playing online anyway because it doesn't only spoil it for the person your playing but I cant imagine that its any joy for you either.

On my connection with fifa this year I have been able to join 100% of the games I have played online so far (unlike other years) Like you I have put it into the DMZ.

Archived